clueless_in_usa

AOS Evidence

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

if you get transferred to csc, california centre, then you don't need to present any evidence and there is no interview

The Lord is my strength and my shield,

My heart trusted in Him and I am helped,

therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

and with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28:7

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
This seems idiotic, because if we were committing fraud, we would do exactly as they expect not to raise a red flag. However, have you ever had a "Finance 101" class? If you had, you would know that it is a very bad idea to put somebody else's name on your personal assets. (I am sure that I am going to hear the lame excuse regarding "trust.").

And no children are involved in my case, so there is nothing we can do on that front :whistle:

She will be the beneficiary of everything if I die, but as long as I am alive, our finances will stay as they are, no matter what the government says.

I am behind you 100%. You go first and let us all know how it turns out, OK?

Personally I've listed Alla on both utility bills (gas & elec). She will be added to the car insurance. She will have her own bank account and debit card as well as be listed on mine. (I thumb my nose at the Internet; I'm all over it and never have been scammed or taken for money, never. And, I use online purchases with my credit card all the time. I thumb my nose at Al Gore.)

We have a marriage certificate. We will have photos. We will enter the interview as the happy family, thankful for USCIS for giving us the chance to be together. We will kill them with kindness.

We have the DS-3025s and I-693s as well.

I have new tax transcripts coming.

She already has her SSN. She has applied for a Discount card and will soon now with the SSN, apply for a credit card.

She will keep her last name and I will keep mine.

We will give them what they want and they will give us what we want.

If you only had to go through what they went through dealing with the Russian Adoption process and all the subjectiveness surrounding that, you'd be whistling a different tune.

I pick my battles and win those that I must. I am not blind.

Good luck, I am right behind you but you go first.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Clueless, you have the proof with the insurance for health and life. There are a lot of couples both born in this country that don't have joint checking accounts and keep a lot of stuff separate. Just show tax returns and the two kinds of insurance that you have listing her as covered or the beneficiary. That should be enough. You can give them the reasons why you don't have other joint stuff at the interview. You know, something like her money is hers.

Don't sweat it, you have got the stuff needed. My wife is still not on my home or mortgage, but I'll change that eventually and we've been married 4 years on January 18th.

Thanks for venting, we all need a place to let it out. :bonk:

For the initial I-485 filing, none of this is even needed....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
if you get transferred to csc, california centre, then you don't need to present any evidence and there is no interview

Not necessarily true. It is quite likely, but there have been several here, in this forum that have been transferred to CSC and transferred back to the local office for an interview.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Personally I've listed Alla on both utility bills (gas & elec). She will be added to the car insurance. She will have her own bank account and debit card as well as be listed on mine. (I thumb my nose at the Internet; I'm all over it and never have been scammed or taken for money, never. And, I use online purchases with my credit card all the time. I thumb my nose at Al Gore.)

We have a marriage certificate. We will have photos. We will enter the interview as the happy family, thankful for USCIS for giving us the chance to be together. We will kill them with kindness.

She already has her SSN. She has applied for a Discount card and will soon now with the SSN, apply for a credit card.

If you only had to go through what they went through dealing with the Russian Adoption process and all the subjectiveness surrounding that, you'd be whistling a different tune.

Alla got a credit card in her own name by joining a credit union. It qualified her for a small VISA card ($500) even though she had no credit of her own. She was using it and paying it off every month for a few small purchases and they recently raised her limit to $1,500. It is a good way to get started on some credit of her own.

The Creidt Union account is in her name only, but we also have a joint account.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
This seems idiotic, because if we were committing fraud, we would do exactly as they expect not to raise a red flag. However, have you ever had a "Finance 101" class? If you had, you would know that it is a very bad idea to put somebody else's name on your personal assets. (I am sure that I am going to hear the lame excuse regarding "trust.").

And no children are involved in my case, so there is nothing we can do on that front :whistle:

She will be the beneficiary of everything if I die, but as long as I am alive, our finances will stay as they are, no matter what the government says.

We walked into the interview with a box full of proof and they never looked at it or asked a question relating to our relationship. Alla was sworn in and asked the questions on the I-485 under oath, then told the green card was approved. Our son sat there like a potted a plant and they never spoke to him. So much for his interview. Alla was not on our mortgage at that time (we filed for AOS pretty quickly and frankly hadn't got to that yet) I am not saying you will be denied, I am saying that you CAN be denied if they do not feel your proof is satisfactory. There is NO problem with her keeping her name.

As I said, do as you will, and the insurance (life and health) is really good evidence in itself, but it will be up to the IO doing the interview.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think that we'll go behind you, because we sent AOS, EAD, and AP together, but we only sent TWO photos and ONE copy of every required document. I just read that we were supposed to send photos and documents for each one of those processes, even though they were going in the same envelope, because they are separated and processed individually.

We only found this out after we received three different NOAs; one for each process. Therefore, two of these are going to get RFEs and the whole thing will be delayed, according to what everybody else says. So, we'll count on your experience :thumbs:

Timeline
I think that we'll go behind you, because we sent AOS, EAD, and AP together, but we only sent TWO photos and ONE copy of every required document. I just read that we were supposed to send photos and documents for each one of those processes, even though they were going in the same envelope, because they are separated and processed individually.

We only found this out after we received three different NOAs; one for each process. Therefore, two of these are going to get RFEs and the whole thing will be delayed, according to what everybody else says. So, we'll count on your experience :thumbs:

Not necessarily. I sent passport photos for each, however they also do biometrics for each and the photos affixed to the EAD and AP and Green card turned out to be the ones taken at the biometrics appointment.

I did not attach additional documents to any of the applications for the AP and EAD. All were approved, no RFEs. Also, for the AOS RFEs can come in two forms, one that must be sent in and one that requires you to bring something to the interview.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The Guides here are very clear on what's required for each of the petitions. We'll be filing ours by the end of the month; hope/need to have the APs done in time to return to Russia in July.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Clueless in the usa, it sounds like you don't trust your wife very much and you are concerned that adding her to the lease and bank accounts may screw you over somehow...

Let me tell you about my experience. When I went for my AOS interview, the only information IO wanted to see was financial documents. He specifically asked for joint tax returns. We presented bunch of documents (bank accounts, health/car/renters insurances in both names, lease in both names, etc)

My IO did not want to see any pics. We brought two albums and almost forced him to see them after he told us we were approved. I mean we didn't bring them for nothing, did we? :D

Edited by Oksana81

Timeline
Clueless in the usa, it sounds like you don't trust your wife very much and you are concerned that adding her to the lease and bank accounts may screw you over somehow...

Let me tell you about my experience. When I went for my AOS interview, the only information IO wanted to see was financial documents. He specifically asked for joint tax returns. We presented bunch of documents (bank accounts, health/car/renters insurances in both names, lease in both names, etc)

My IO did not want to see any pics. We brought two albums and almost forced him to see them after he told us we were approved. I mean we didn't bring them for nothing, did we? :D

Clueless is on record here stating that his wife is here only for the GC (and he's just milking this run with her until that end comes).

So to me it makes sense that he doesn't want to include her in his life and present as little evidence of an ongoing marriage (maybe so they get denied at the interview and she has to go home?).

Again, he is on record with these statements.

I'm learning a lot from this..hehehe... goodluck to us all!

Adjustment Of Status
Jan. 20/2010 - mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131(FEDex)
Jan. 25/2010 - delivered signed by: JCHYBA (received date)
Feb. 01/2010 - AOS NOA1 date
Feb. 03/2010 - case status online last updated for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 05/2010 - received mail NOA1 for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 16/2010 -transferred this case I485 to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
Feb. 24/2010 -BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT NOTICE RECEIVED.
March 23/2010 -approved 131
March 24/2010 BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE 1:00PM
March 24, 2010 I-765 EAD - approved!
March 29/2010 EAD received!
April 29/2010 USCIS updated change of address from TX TO MS
July 7,2010 MY FIRST ULTRASOUND -->> WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!
July 14,2010
The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made.
JULY 27,2010 AOS APPROVED
AUG.12/2010 CHANGE ADDRESS THRU FON AND FILED AR-11
AUG.16/2010 RECEIVED LETTER FROM USCIS THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE CHANGE OF ADDRESS.
AUG.17/2010 - GREENCARD AT LAST!
Nov.18,2010 - Bouncing baby girl named ARIELLE FINES CAMPBELL!
April 2012 - Lifting of condition (1-751)
May 2012 - Due- welcoming our 2ND Baby and it's a Boy!

f2sh5xp.png

April 1,2013 -permanent resident card received!

August -->>> N-400!!!! can't wait!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Clueless is on record here stating that his wife is here only for the GC (and he's just milking this run with her until that end comes).

So to me it makes sense that he doesn't want to include her in his life and present as little evidence of an ongoing marriage (maybe so they get denied at the interview and she has to go home?).

yes, I remember his statements about it. I thought he was just being sarcastic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Where did I say that she IS here just for the GC?

I said that she MAY be with me only for the GC, like your wife MAY be here only for the GC. There are people who have been scammed after thinking that they had a solid relationship.

I love my wife and I think she loves me for real, but I do not fool myself, with her or anybody else. Therefore, I am practical and run my life like I would run my business. I am realistic, and if some people do not like it, so be it!

But please, never twist my words. I know exactly what I said (on the record) and I want nobody saying anything different on my behalf. If you are going to "quote" me, please quote me RIGHT! Ok?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.