alejandrorit

why is my case taking so long!!!!! aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There should be a rant and rave section in this forum - the good Lord knows I'd have one heck of a post in there.

All kidding aside - every journey is different. The range of emotions we must go through in this process is as vast as the distance some of us are from our significant others. and yes, we can all search for the good in the bad - it makes us stronger, etc, etc. But at the end of every night, I always come to the fact that not one citizen of this country should have to wait as long, jump through as many hoops, and fear/worry/hope/guess/pray as much as we do, just to marry the person he/she has chosen to wed. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed in this country by our laws, but from what I have seen in this process - the USCIS doesn't care much about our pursuit of that happiness.

But that is another rant.

Stay strong, and find the good in the bad, it will help a little.

Edited by Dacko

05-21-2009 filed I-129F (check was not cashed for quite some time)

08-21-2009 contacted Senator's Office

09-01-2009 Petition received, NOA1 sent (finally)

10-09-2009 Petition approved, NOA2 sent

10-16-2009 NVC received

10-26-2009 NVC sent back to USCIS((( their reason: a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

No RFE has been sent or received, no updates given, all trails end with recording or operator/officer who says must wait 180 days

1-26-2010 this will be the 90 day mark of the "review", I was told I can call back and issue a formal complaint if the case has not been touched by this date.

Still, we keep hope alive - I love her so much for staying strong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hang in there!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Understanding your frustration...my husbands interview took 200+ days.

But you have to remember, your not alone in this...there are some people who have waited over a year!

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

@Dacko, I disagree that the USCIS is not concerned with our pursuit of happiness. My fiance and I received a hand written note from our adjudicator with the words "Good job, thank you. =) =)" It might seem trifle to most, even silly, but the fact that this person took time just to drop us something like that is encouraging. It's a reminder that there are REAL people who work for the USCIS, and at least some of them do care. There are people who care within that giant, horrible bureaucracy. But, I'm not so naive to think all of them are like this (undoubtedly, some of them could be jacka$$es), and to think that cases don't fall in between the cracks sometimes.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency

07/09/2017 - filed N400 online

07/10/2017 - NOA

08/03/2017 - biometrics done

02/20/2018 - interview & oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
my patience is as strong as my disappointment. i know what i have to be, i don't know why I have to be it!

c'mon America! i love you but you keep people apart for too long! We need to do better as a nation. Much better.

this is one journey I wish I could have been without. the one journey i have to take. the hardest road is always the needless one. patience is not a virtue, it is a necessity, engrained in us all. patience is what is left after everything else has been brutally, savagely, taken.

if i must be patient it is not for patience's sake, but for my sweetheart. who on this journey is patient!? we are not patient we are eager, restless, and stressed! patience I would kill were it not immortal, strong, everlasting, ruinous to kill.

it is the patience that is trying my patience!

i am a rock, a mountain, patience must wait for me. i will wait for her.

i will wait eagerly, not patiently!

I know it is no fun...but I will say that being 'next' is one of the best feelings ever...so what is it they say..take the good with the bad!

Good luck..you are at the Dept. of State now..should move faster! :dance:

2009 - Meet First Time in San Jose, CR

10/24 - 10/26/2009 - Another trip to spend time together

10/30 - 11/1/2009 - More time and met daughter and had a lovely time. Happy Halloween!

11/14 - 11/16/2009 - Officially engaged - This is the real deal!

12/19 - 12/27/2009 - Spent Christmas in Costa Rica.

01/15 - 01/27/2010 - Vacation in Guanacaste

02/18 - 02/23/2010 - Back to Rio Frio for Mandy's B-day

03/05 - 03/08/2010 - Surprise Weekend Visit to Rio Frio

K 1 - Timeline:

Immigration Started

11/17/2009 - Send I-129F to Vermont Service Center

11/24/2009 - NOA1 physically received in Houston, TX

12/18/2009 - 12/28/09 - Fourth Visit to Costa Rica....stay in Rio Frio, CR.....Merry Christmas!!!!

3/3/2010 - Received NOA2 via email from USCIS!

3/16/2010 - Received Packet 3.

3/23/2010 - Finished Paperwork and received interview date

4/7/2010 - Interview in San Jose, CR

4/15/2010 - Travel together to Houston, TX

collageo.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I petitioned april 23, 2009! now its 2010 and still no interview date!! why is this!?!?!?!?!?!?!? is anybody else in my same miserable boat!?!?!?

I am impressed by all of us for dealing with this... our wait wasn't very long compared to many, and it still felt like FOREVER! I think partly because it ends up taking over your thoughts, your time, etc. I have nothing but sympathy for anyone going through the process. I totally understand your frustration, alejandrorit. We had more hassle with the process once he got here, but it was easier to deal with because we were together. I hope you (and all others who are waiting) get the visa soon!

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
@Dacko, I disagree that the USCIS is not concerned with our pursuit of happiness. My fiance and I received a hand written note from our adjudicator with the words "Good job, thank you. =) =)" It might seem trifle to most, even silly, but the fact that this person took time just to drop us something like that is encouraging. It's a reminder that there are REAL people who work for the USCIS, and at least some of them do care. There are people who care within that giant, horrible bureaucracy. But, I'm not so naive to think all of them are like this (undoubtedly, some of them could be jacka$$es), and to think that cases don't fall in between the cracks sometimes.

I always did imagine there were good people working in the USCIS - and it looks like you did the equivalent of striking oil, in having one of them take your case. For the most part, I am sure they are like every other government office, very cynical and not pressed for working class terms such as "productivity" and "efficiency".

What my gripe is - is that the entire USCIS system is against that pursuit of happiness in that it relies too much on human error/employees will to go the extra distance. Too many middle men, and the customer service (even the immigration officers) have no access to active cases or petitions. It would be like calling your cable or phone company with a complaint about your bill, and their operator's would say "I'm sorry, I don't have access to your account" Then what's the point!?!?!?!

That is the basis of my post.

I am, however, relieved to see that you found at least one who took the time to see your petition to the next level. That was very nice of them.

05-21-2009 filed I-129F (check was not cashed for quite some time)

08-21-2009 contacted Senator's Office

09-01-2009 Petition received, NOA1 sent (finally)

10-09-2009 Petition approved, NOA2 sent

10-16-2009 NVC received

10-26-2009 NVC sent back to USCIS((( their reason: a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

No RFE has been sent or received, no updates given, all trails end with recording or operator/officer who says must wait 180 days

1-26-2010 this will be the 90 day mark of the "review", I was told I can call back and issue a formal complaint if the case has not been touched by this date.

Still, we keep hope alive - I love her so much for staying strong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.