VanessaTony

AOS, EAD & AP from K1 - the Aussie way (doc list included)

543 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

And actually I just checked for edition dates within the past week or two and I am sure that the new form was not posted despite it being dated from July 15th. That must have literally been put up in the last week or so.

Thank you for your response.

I checked and for some reason I have a 2008 edition of this form? I dont understand how this is even possible when I downloaded these forms this year of the USCIS website... I guess I am going to have to wait for an answer on this.. I am hoping i get it this week so I can re-do the form

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

also important question about AP (Advanced Parole)...in the spot where it asks you for the date when you plan to leave the country, does it have to be exact? We don't have a set date for when we want to go back this year..

No. If you don't have a set date write "unknown". Do not put a "fake date" (as you'll find some people suggest) because it's lying on an official form.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

thanks ^ how long does AP approval usually take? Will we get notified of approval for each from individually? (i485, EAD and AP)

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Timeline

thanks ^ how long does AP approval usually take? Will we get notified of approval for each from individually? (i485, EAD and AP)

around 60 days. I think i read 66 is the average at the moment

Timeline

I think me and you just read the same topic haha! I just discovered that also right after I posted my question :)

So do we get an answer separately for EAD, AP and i485?

N-400:

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Timeline

I think me and you just read the same topic haha! I just discovered that also right after I posted my question :)

So do we get an answer separately for EAD, AP and i485?

Yes you will. register online and put all three receipt numbers in there

Timeline

gotcha, thanks a lot!

N-400:

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Timeline

I could've swore I saw Sample Cover pages for the AOS packet but can't seem to find any :(

What have you guys done? Cover page for each section? Tabs at bottom like suggested? Written ORIGINAL SUBMISSION on the envelope?

N-400:

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Timeline

I could've swore I saw Sample Cover pages for the AOS packet but can't seem to find any :(

What have you guys done? Cover page for each section? Tabs at bottom like suggested? Written ORIGINAL SUBMISSION on the envelope?

here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/page__view__findpost__p__3607999

Timeline

ahaaa it was hiding! :P jk! Thanks! Hopefully I'll be done bugging you for a while!

You've been great! Someone needs to buy you a cake :P

N-400:

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Timeline

stupid question but on the Cover pages for the 3 packets, do I put MY name at the top as the Petitioner OR do I put my wife who is the Beneficiary? Sorry :blush:

N-400:

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

I did one cover letter at the top of the entire package (AOS/EAD/AP). It was short and sweet, had "original submission" (per USCIS's guidelines) written at the top in huge block letters. The content of the letter was written by my husband (petitioner) for/about me (beneficiary).

Used tabs for the bottom (and only to segregate the AOS/AP/EAD from one and other)

For ALL copies, I printed my name and alien number in small legible block letters at the top of the page.

I think organizing it was the easiest/funnest part me me... haha

*edit: having worked for the Canadian gov't for 8 years, I *know* what it's like to get retarded/complicated ####### in the mail (be it inter-departmentally or otherwise). Hency my keeping it extremely simple and user-friendly.

Edited by M613

Timeline

stupid question but on the Cover pages for the 3 packets, do I put MY name at the top as the Petitioner OR do I put my wife who is the Beneficiary? Sorry :blush:

The USC is a sponsor. They are no longer a petitioner, and the immigrant isn't the beneficiary. The immigrant in the AOS process is the "applicant".

Therefore the USC simply completes the I-864 and helps provide co-mingling evidence. The applicant (immigrant) completes the rest of the paperwork because they're the one applying for the greencard (you can complete it for them of course but it's their paperwork, their name, their details, unless asking for "spouses" information.

They don't really look at cover letters anyway I'm told, it just helped ME make sure I had everything in the packet and in the order it was mentioned in the instructions and segregate the packets :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have noticed people commenting on doing a walk-in for the biometics.. Why is this done? Does this speed up the process at all?

I have re-sent my AOS papers back after receiving an RFE for an outdated I-485. It was signed for today. I am so worried and hope I dont receive another RFE.

Timeline

thank you M613 and Vanessa&Tony for all the help, we sent the package on Saturday :):dance: Wish us LUCK

N-400:

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.