41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I too received a RFE for the vaccination part of the I-693 (Part 1, Part 2 Item 5, Part 5) as well, however, I only submitted the DS-3025 with my AOS application. At the bottom of my yellow forms, it says "**Submit your medical with this letter. Do NOT hold your medical until your I-485 interview." Does anyone else have this on their RFE form?

How am I supposed to submit my medical with this letter if I gave it at the POE?

I too received a RFE for the vaccination part of the I-693 (Part 1, Part 2 Item 5, Part 5) as well, however, I only submitted the DS-3025 with my AOS application. At the bottom of my yellow forms, it says "**Submit your medical with this letter. Do NOT hold your medical until your I-485 interview." Does anyone else have this on their RFE form?

How am I supposed to submit my medical with this letter if I gave it at the POE?

They mean that they want a FULLY COMPLETED I-693, not just the vaccination section.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to a CS in Phoenix and was RFE'd for missing Page 1,Part 1 and Part 5 was not signed. Guess the CS just filled out the vaccination section and did not sign Part 5. He still charged me for transcribing...what a rip...

I went to a CS in Phoenix and was RFE'd for missing Page 1,Part 1 and Part 5 was not signed. Guess the CS just filled out the vaccination section and did not sign Part 5. He still charged me for transcribing...what a rip...

You need to go back and get them to fill it out correctly.

Here's a doctor in Phoenix who I copied from another thread:

Arizona

City/ Town: Phoenix

Date of Service: 12/16/09

CS Name: Dr. Renuka Khurana, Maricopa County Department of Public Health

CS Tel. no: (They don't answer/return calls but...) (602) 506-6909 1645 E. Roosevelt, Phoenix, AZ 85006

Cost: $65 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Vaccine Transcription only available: y

Turnaround time: 2 weeks to get appt

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used a local CS for the transcription.

As for the I-693 I submitted, I filled out the Part 1 and the CS filled out the vaccination history and certification part which are pages 3 and 5 of the form.

He didn't fill out section 1 and 2 of the Part 2 Medical Exam of the form.

1. Date of First Examination

2. Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance,

Does the CS has to fill out those boxes even if I had my medical exam in Manila?

Really don't know what went wrong, should I take another med exam or just get another transcription again?

Those of you who included an I-693 and still received an RFE, did you have the form completely filled out or just the vaccination history? It may be that they lost a lot of medicals exam results (YELLOW ENVELOPES) and they want the whole form filled out.

Another question for you... did any of you have Dr. Arnold transcribe your vaccinations or did you use a local CS?

Answering these questions may help us determine what is triggering these RFE's.

Based on all the RFE's received by people who sent in I-693's (I assume all just did the transctiption, not full medical), my guess is that USCIS lost a lot of medicals (maybe a whole shipment was "misplaced" or they had a flood or fire, who knows they won't admit it). So that's why they are asking for medicals.

As to what to do... consider your options:

1. If money isn't a huge issue or you must have the GC as soon as possible, redo the full medical exam.

2. If money is tight or you don't mind waiting longer, I would either re-do the transcription with another CS or have the original CS seal another copy in an envelope.

But if you choose option 2, make sure you include a note saying that you are a k-1 holder and you are only required to submit part 1,2, and 5 since your overseas exam was less than 1 year ago. They may accept it or may come back saying that your medical exam results are not in the file (that's USCIS speak for "we lost it").

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I had the CS complete the part 1,2,6 (something like that) originally, but I got the RFE. Went back to the CS on Monday and he told me that he has had people in the past who have come back for the full appointment on the same RFE, and said he thinks the government is starting to trust medicals done overseas less and less.

Anyway, we did biometrics today and picked up the fully completed, re-done I-693, and I'll send them in on the 26th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We also filed in November and received RFE for I-693 "Submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693.....".

We submitted I-693 (vaccination history only) and used a local CS for the transcription.

Those of you who mentioned receiving RFE for Part 1, Part 2 and Part 5 -- did your RFE letter explicitly mentioned Part 1, Part 2 and Part 5? Or was it "Submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693...."?

It seems like no point of going to different CS for the transcription.. I understand our RFE means that they lost our medical? Did anybody try to make infopass appointment to track the medical?

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Also a November filer we are.

Just also got the RFE :crying: (rather later than we had expected)

We just added the vaccination supplement and all the details on the overseas medical exam.

(since we got all the shots back in Japan)

Not sure the cause of the massive amount amount of RFEs..... :wacko:

Anyway Monday I will have to call Immigration and find out what they need from us and what they lost.

Can't imagine the US not trusting overseas medicals... at least the ones from Japan. Its cost an arm and a leg for a medical there from the embassy approved clinic. :devil:

Now time to call the civil surgeons for prices again and try to find a reasonable fee, in case we need the I-693 Part I filled out. :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

November Filer -

She had a complete medical exam in China and we handed over the sealed paperwork at Chicago's port of entry.

We had Dr. Arnold transcribe all vaccinations, sent them in and received a "I-693 RFE"

Now, we are going to have a local CS do the full exam and fill out a new I-693. (9:00 AM tomorrow).

I hope this works... I wish I could hand carry the sealed package m myself!

The good news is we are married and in the USA together!

Good luck everyone on their "I-693 RFE" (fingers crossed) and I pray the New Year will bring happiness to all!

Ron & Lisa B)

Ron & Lisa

K-1 Visa Timeline
2009-02-17 - I-129F sent
2009-02-20 - NOA1
2009-04-09 - NOA2
2009-07-15 - Medical exam
2009-07-20 - Interview
2009-08-31 - POE: Chicago
2009-11-07 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP
2009-11-24 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP
2009-12-01 - NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP issued
2009-12-17 - RFE issued Medical I-693
2010-01-04 - Submitted new I-693 for RFE
2010-01-05 - Biometrics appointment
2010-01-11 - USCIS acknowledged receipt of evidence
2010-01-14 - AOS Transferred to CSC
2010-01-21 - Transfer received at CSC
2010-01-25 - RFE round two on Biometrics (fingerprint only)
2010-01-27 - EAD approved & Rec'd
2010-01-27 - AP approved & rec'd
2010-02-04 - Biometrics re-taken
2010-02-05 - AOS Touched
2010-02-17 - GC approved - no interview!
2010-03-03 - GC Received!
2011-11-04 - I-751 sent
2011-11-07 - NOA1 Received
2011-12-13 - Biometrics appointment
2012-04-20 - Approved
2012-05-31 - GC Received

2013-01-22 - N-400 Filed

2013-01-31 - N-400 NOA

2013-02-19 - Biometrics

2013-04-22 - N-400 Interview

2013-05-09 - Oath taken and became an American Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Those of you who included an I-693 and still received an RFE, did you have the form completely filled out or just the vaccination history? It may be that they lost a lot of medicals exam results (YELLOW ENVELOPES) and they want the whole form filled out.

Another question for you... did any of you have Dr. Arnold transcribe your vaccinations or did you use a local CS?

Answering these questions may help us determine what is triggering these RFE's.

Add us to the list of RFE's for I-693. We are November filers. My husband (then fiance) entered on a K1.

My husband used a local CS for the transcription of his vaccines .

He also filled out the Part 1 and the CS filled out the vaccination history and certification part which are pages 3 and 5 of the form.

The CS didn't fill out section 1 and 2 of the Part 2 Medical Exam of the form.

This morning we got back from driving 4 hours to our biometrics appointment and were so happy all the way home. We got home to an RFE in the mailbox and made an infopass appointment for tomorrow (another 4 hours of driving). We called USCIS and they said they aren't sure what to say except to get an infopass appointment. I really hope the solution isn't to pay again for medical because the first medical in Juarez was so expensive and the vaccine transcription alone from the CS was $175. Christmas is a terrible time to have hundreds of dollars of unexpected expenses.

Please let me know if anyone gets any information on why this is happening and what we should do.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Add us to the list of RFE's for I-693. We are November filers. My husband (then fiance) entered on a K1.

My husband used a local CS for the transcription of his vaccines .

He also filled out the Part 1 and the CS filled out the vaccination history and certification part which are pages 3 and 5 of the form.

The CS didn't fill out section 1 and 2 of the Part 2 Medical Exam of the form.

This morning we got back from driving 4 hours to our biometrics appointment and were so happy all the way home. We got home to an RFE in the mailbox and made an infopass appointment for tomorrow (another 4 hours of driving). We called USCIS and they said they aren't sure what to say except to get an infopass appointment. I really hope the solution isn't to pay again for medical because the first medical in Juarez was so expensive and the vaccine transcription alone from the CS was $175. Christmas is a terrible time to have hundreds of dollars of unexpected expenses.

Please let me know if anyone gets any information on why this is happening and what we should do.

What does your rfe says? did it specify you need to fill out certain parts? or did it ask u for another full medical?

7b5542f085.png

event.png

Adjustment of Status:

Approval: 2010-02-16

Greencard Received: 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions:

1-07-12 Sent I-751 application to CSC

1-11-12 CSC received Application

1-13-12 check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
What does your rfe says? did it specify you need to fill out certain parts? or did it ask u for another full medical?

It says ""Submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, (Rev. 06/05/08 or later) for the applicant on Form I-485. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by USCIS. The medical must be issued less than one year prior to the filing date of Form I-485."

It is not clear to me if they want another full medical or if they just want another I-693 filled out and another transcription. That is why we got the infopass meeting because I am not sure what it is that is missing since I know we sent in the transcription in the packet.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Seems as if alot of November filers are getting RFEs for the I-693. Possible explanations:

1) The USCIS has all of a sudden gotten much worse at losing documents, particularly the I-693; (doubtful)

or

2) The guidelines the adjudicators have been given have changed.

Reading the instructions, possible explanations:

A) Changes to Special Instructions:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

"Editions: Current edition is 10/14/2009. Previous editions (Edition 06/05/2008) will be accepted for medical assessments conducted on or before December 31, 2009 only for medical exams conducted on or after November 1, 2009 that utilize the Tuberculin Skin Screening Test (TST). If a civil surgeon utilizes an IGRA test to fulfill the initial TB screening test requirement, the civil surgeon MUST use the October 14, 2009 edition of Form I-693 to record the IGRA result. On or after January 1, 2010, the results of the medical examinations must be recorded on the October 14, 2009 edition of Form I-693 irrespective of the TB test used."

Perhaps if the TB test is the wrong (IGRA) on the old form? Or if the panel physician medical exam record shows the wrong TB test? When Rin went through AOS last year, she had to have the newer TB test being done at that time (TST).

B) More strict enforcement on dotting I's and crossing T's (errors on report, envelope not properly sealed, unsigned forms, etc, etc, etc - who knows???)

C) USCIS wanting the medical on their forms versus the State Department's forms that came from overseas? Perhaps their are now discrepancies between the two and the USCIS is no longer accepting the foreign medical forms from all consulates?

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.