den09

I485 denial for parrents

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

My parrents I-484 was denied and their multiple entry VISA also got cancelled. Their I-94 was taken away during an interview at field office. They did not mention anything during interview and officer mention that he would discuss your case with my supervisor and would send the decision in 30-60 days. We got letter of denial in 6 days. Wondering in this case:

1. can I as petitionar reopen this case? Letter of denial does not say anything about their deportion, as now I-94 also taken away, their exit would not be clean as well. Dont understand what to do in this case. They are aged and can't even walk much, they always need me as I am the only child.

2. If we reopen in any case, do we select option of appeal or reopen or reconsider in this case?

3. My I-130 is still pending, can it be still approved?

4. Reason given by USCIS is you filed so early after their entry in US as tourist Vsa, so tey applied 212 a C

5. Can I request for I-94 replacement?

6. If they go back, do they have any chance of reapplying in country? Can they use same I-130? Or need to reapply totally?

7. If they go back with dirty exit due to I-94, can it craete any issue in future? How long can they stay if letter does not have anything mentioned?

den_09

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I didn't even know that parents can AOS from a tourist visa in the first place.

Hope everything works out.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Yes you can apply for parents when they are in US on a tourist visa. You have to file both I-130 and I-485 concurrently and usually most of them apply after 90 days of their stay in US.

I didn't even know that parents can AOS from a tourist visa in the first place.

Hope everything works out.

Did you apply for your parents before 90 days of their arrival to US?

Hi,

My parrents I-484 was denied and their multiple entry VISA also got cancelled. Their I-94 was taken away during an interview at field office. They did not mention anything during interview and officer mention that he would discuss your case with my supervisor and would send the decision in 30-60 days. We got letter of denial in 6 days. Wondering in this case:

1. can I as petitionar reopen this case? Letter of denial does not say anything about their deportion, as now I-94 also taken away, their exit would not be clean as well. Dont understand what to do in this case. They are aged and can't even walk much, they always need me as I am the only child.

2. If we reopen in any case, do we select option of appeal or reopen or reconsider in this case?

4. Reason given by USCIS is you filed so early after their entry in US as tourist Vsa, so tey applied 212 a C

6. If they go back, do they have any chance of reapplying in country? Can they use same I-130? Or need to reapply totally?

7. If they go back with dirty exit due to I-94, can it craete any issue in future? How long can they stay if letter does not have anything mentioned?

den_09

Thanks,

Raj

Consulate: Chennai, INDIA

08/26/09: I-130 Mailed(Fedex) to Chicago Lockbox for Parents

08/27/09: Received by USCIS

09/01/09: ND for both parents

09/02/09: Both Checks Cashed ($355 each)

09/21/09: I-130 approved ( LUD on USCIS online )

09/29/09: Received I-130 approved notices (NOA2)

NVC:

10/02/09: NVC Case #s assigned to both parents and emails regd.

10/06/09: Rcvd. emails for DS-3032 and AOS Fee ( Paid AOS Fee same night)

10/07/09: Emailed DS-3032 ( Did mail too via Fedex )

10/08/09: DS-3032 received by NVC

10/08/09: AOS Fee Status "PAID"

10/09/09: I-864 Affidavit of Support mailed via FEDEX

10/16/09: DS-3032 Entered in NVC System

10/19/09: IV Fee Bill Generated

10/20/09: Rcvd IV Fee Bill Email and Paid $400 for each parent

10/22/09: I -864 Entered into NVC System as per NVC Operator

10/22/09: IV Fee BILL Status Changed to PAID

10/23/09: Mailed DS-230 Documents Set to NVC

10/26/09: DS-230 Received by NVC signed by J.DESMOND

10/28/09: I -864 Accepted

10/29/09: Rcvd Checklist Email

10/30/09: AVR changed to " We received checklist response on 10/29/09"

11/18/09: LOGIN Failed in the morning...AVR message not changed yet...

11/18/09: Talked to Operator and it is under "FINAL REVIEW"

11/20/09: CASE COMPLETED on 11/19/09

12/02/09: Rcvd Emails for Interview on 01/08/2010

12/04/09: Medical Appt on 12/08/09 at Hyderabad

12/09/09: Medical Completed

01/08/10: INTERVIEW COMPLETED

01/12/2010: Rcvd Passports and sealed envelope.

05/20/2010: POE at DFW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They should keep proof of their exit, you do not need an I-94 to exit. On what basis would you seek to re open the case? What were you going to do about medical insurance?

Appeal, but yet again on what basis?

Yes

How long? They entered to visit, when did they change their minds

Yes, well they can

It would have to be redirected, I do not think it expires.

You are going to need a waiver, about your hardships not theirs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to get an attorney and quick. I assume that you have left the number out of the code for their denial. Does it actually say INA 212a 6C? If so that is Misrepresentation. You went about it the wrong way trying to AOS from a tourist visa and because you also broke the unspoken 60/90 day rule, they have charged Misrepresentation.

If this is the case, and they exit the US with a Misrep charge, you are not an eligible relative for the purposes of the waiver. You will have to fight to get the Misrep charge overturned and for this you will need a VERY good attorney. Here is the section for waivers of 212a6c:

(i) (1) The Attorney General may, in the discretion of the Attorney General, waive the application of clause (i) of subsection (a)(6)© in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of admission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawfully resident spouse or parent of such an alien 25b/ or, in the case of a VAWA self-petitioner 6aa/ , the alien demonstrates extreme hardship to the alien or the alien's United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or qualified alien parent or child.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Does the same rule apply in terms of prior intent? What's the 60-90 day rule?

If this is allowed, then why do people file for IR5 (?) -- why not just adjust from B2?

Sorry, I'm just curious, I don't understand much about B2s.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Does the same rule apply in terms of prior intent? What's the 60-90 day rule?

If this is allowed, then why do people file for IR5 (?) -- why not just adjust from B2?

1) There is no 60-90 day rule... it is a theory...

2) Because what can happen when you try to adjust from a B2 is exactly what happened to the OP's parents, and then it can become a nightmare situation to try and resolve.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

and the difficulty in getting visitor visa's.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I filed in near 20 days from their arrival, as I did not know about 212, as neither forms (130/485) has any instruction or link about 212 even in case of who should not file, how can a person know without this? I am planning to reopen based on evidences of their property proof, electric bills , return tickets, pension slip etc to clarify that their intention was not to mis represent, am I going on correct track or I need something more than this to strengthen the case? what are chances of getting faviorable decision in this case?

Timeline
I filed in near 20 days from their arrival, as I did not know about 212, as neither forms (130/485) has any instruction or link about 212 even in case of who should not file, how can a person know without this? I am planning to reopen based on evidences of their property proof, electric bills , return tickets, pension slip etc to clarify that their intention was not to mis represent, am I going on correct track or I need something more than this to strengthen the case? what are chances of getting faviorable decision in this case?

When they arrived it was with the intent of visiting.

Within 20 days they had assembled all the documentation and applied to immigrate.

What happened.

If they have all these ties, how come they can stay.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO, there are two intents here.

One as tourist visa, another for immigration.

Somehow , they have crossed, with the 'immigration intent' weighing heavier than the tourist intent,

and the 'look of the tourist intent' has been dashed, with the 'immigration intent' overpowering it.

IMO, the decision to file the I-130 and I-485 on day 20 was a bad one. A very bad one.

Now your parents are in some deep do-do (you know that, already ) .

But.. fwiw, this is a TYPICAL EXAMPLE OF IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

Now, as you say, you didn't know about the '90 day window' ..

Perhaps they will get lucky, perhaps they will be under deportation hearing, and then 'voluntarily leave' prior to actual deportation proceedings. That might help them, later, if you decide to file an I-130 whilst they are back in the home country.

As I understand it, though (and I'm probably off-base) they won't be getting another tourist visa, as there is prior, proven (or yet to be proven ) misrepresentation.

If you rush and get an attorney, perhaps the attorney can prove up, to ICE's satisfaction, that you had big pressure from your parents to do this for them, and they pressured you so much that you did not make time to learn the immigration laws and guidelines, and then the attorney successfully negotiate for 'no future tourist ban'. It could happen, maybe, with the right lawyer.. But I say maybe, nothing is guaranteed (I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV ) .

Good luck, however it turns out..

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

When they arrived it was with the intent of visiting.

Within 20 days they had assembled all the documentation and applied to immigrate.

What happened.

If they have all these ties, how come they can stay.

some people think the rules don't apply to them.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I find it very strange that your parents arrived in the USA with all the correct documentation that they would need to file for AOS but they were just coming for a visit. So in the first 20 days, they were able to get a full medical done, translate all their foreign documents and complete all the forms needed for AOS.

I think you will find that most people here on VJ were not able to put all that together within 20 days. If you did plan for them to come and do AOS them please do not try to continue their applications. USCIS will find out the truth at some point and then your parents are going to be banned forever from the USA.

You need to get some good immigration advice from a lawyer. Your elderly parents future is not something you should be taking chances with.

Tay

Timeline
I find it very strange that your parents arrived in the USA with all the correct documentation that they would need to file for AOS but they were just coming for a visit. So in the first 20 days, they were able to get a full medical done, translate all their foreign documents and complete all the forms needed for AOS.

I think you will find that most people here on VJ were not able to put all that together within 20 days. If you did plan for them to come and do AOS them please do not try to continue their applications. USCIS will find out the truth at some point and then your parents are going to be banned forever from the USA.

You need to get some good immigration advice from a lawyer. Your elderly parents future is not something you should be taking chances with.

Tay

Timeline

Tay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.