ellmvl

We just received a blessing!!!

6 posts in this topic

I just wanna share my happiness to everyone here...I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant :dance: I have been feeling weird lately and my visitor has been delayed for almost 2 weeks now so I decided to walk to Walgreens and buy a couple of pregnancy test kit. I was OMG when I saw the positive result and was literally shaking LOL. I did another test as soon as husband came home from work, and the result is just the same. Honestly, we didn't plan to have this anytime soon since we haven't recover yet from all the expenses when i was hospitalized this year, plus the visa and the plane tickets. In short, money has been really tight for us. Well babies are blessings. We wanted this when we got married last year but it didn't happen. Now the baby came when we least expect it. :innocent: We are happy and at the same time nervous LOL. My parents and friends in PI are sooooo excited. My mom is worrying already whos gonna take care of me when i give birth and even asked me to just send the baby to the Phils. when i started a job already LOL she's funny.

Anyway, I haven't consulted a doctor yet...we just have no idea what to do and where to go first. :unsure: This is something new to us. Our concern is, we don't have any health insurance since my husband's job doesn't offer this. So I am kinda worried how much would it cost us for a series of maternity check up and labor without a health care. I am also thinking of getting one right now but i don't know how things works here. We both have no idea about family health insurance. Do you have any suggestions of a good health insurance deal with maternity coverage? Btw, we live in St. Louis Missouri. I appreciate any info that you could share with me. Thank you :)

ZlYHm6.png

I just wanna share my happiness to everyone here...I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant :dance: I have been feeling weird lately and my visitor has been delayed for almost 2 weeks now so I decided to walk to Walgreens and buy a couple of pregnancy test kit. I was OMG when I saw the positive result and was literally shaking LOL. I did another test as soon as husband came home from work, and the result is just the same. Honestly, we didn't plan to have this anytime soon since we haven't recover yet from all the expenses when i was hospitalized this year, plus the visa and the plane tickets. In short, money has been really tight for us. Well babies are blessings. We wanted this when we got married last year but it didn't happen. Now the baby came when we least expect it. :innocent: We are happy and at the same time nervous LOL. My parents and friends in PI are sooooo excited. My mom is worrying already whos gonna take care of me when i give birth and even asked me to just send the baby to the Phils. when i started a job already LOL she's funny.

Anyway, I haven't consulted a doctor yet...we just have no idea what to do and where to go first. :unsure: This is something new to us. Our concern is, we don't have any health insurance since my husband's job doesn't offer this. So I am kinda worried how much would it cost us for a series of maternity check up and labor without a health care. I am also thinking of getting one right now but i don't know how things works here. We both have no idea about family health insurance. Do you have any suggestions of a good health insurance deal with maternity coverage? Btw, we live in St. Louis Missouri. I appreciate any info that you could share with me. Thank you :)

First off, congratulations!

Second, unfortunately this is America, and it will be very expensive, even with health insurance to have a baby. Hopefully you can get some sort of coverage, but unsure since your pregnancy 'condition' would be pre-existing. In our case, the cost was close to $3000 with health 'insurance' and would have been about twice that without it.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

congrats - be sure to join the baby thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175464

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

This may sound too simple, but just plug this into Google

uninsured pregnancy help

You should find something there.

To get more local, type uninsured pregnancy help {put your local city here}.

Best wishes.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations on the positive test!

Check also at a planned parenthood program in your town. There is usually some kind of program to help you if not with the delivery at least with the prenatal care. Please stay make sure you take care of yourself and the little one!! :thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There are a number of programs available, some national some local, start with WIC, they can give you some good info.

I wish your family the best!

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn