Hilarious Clinton

Senate bill weighs in at 2,074 pages

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Battle of the Health Bills, the Senate wins out, bulk-wise – weighing in at 2,074 pages.

The House health reform bill was a mere 1,990 pages when introduced.

That means the Senate bill -- like the one in the House -- runs more pages than War and Peace, and has nearly five times as many words as the Torah.

The table of contents alone is 14 pages.

“Read the bill!” was a rallying cry of some health reform opponents over the summer. And if Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) gets his way, senators will get a chance to hear every word of it. He’s threatening to the read the legislation from start to finish, which by some estimates could take as long as 48 hours.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=16

Go ahead, print it out and read it! :lol:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

who seriously has the time/patience/will to read/write all that? :wacko::wacko:

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
who seriously has the time/patience/will to read/write all that? :wacko::wacko:

That's exactly what those that rely on media pundits for their fact sources are probably thinking.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

This is a group project. If there are 14 pages worth of table of contents, then, it must be read with 14 people. Assign one page from the table of contents to one person, then another, and another...Then, assemble everyone together and tell them to summarize their pieces.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
:devil: Edited by enraptured

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This is a group project. If there are 14 pages worth of table of contents, then, it must be read with 14 people. Assign one page from the table of contents to one person, then another, and another...Then, assemble everyone together and tell them to summarize their pieces.

Exactly!! :thumbs:

Why can't they do group work... #######... i want an elected official who works well in a group.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why read it. They already know how they will vote. They were bribed lobbied.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

From Senate bill weighs in at 2074 pages:

"“Read the bill!” was a rallying cry of some health reform opponents over the summer. And if Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) gets his way, senators will get a chance to hear every word of it. He’s threatening to the read the legislation from start to finish, which by some estimates could take as long as 48 hours."

I find it actually quite disturbing that it's a THREAT to read this bill aloud. I'm for reforming the health care system, but saddened that our government is creating such a complicated mess to replace the current system.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

First Senate Health Care Vote Expected Saturday At 8PM ET

With Ben Nelson now in the "yes" column, there are now two known Democratic hold outs on tomorrow's health care vote: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) and Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-AR).

Landrieu told reporters today that she'll likely make an announcement tomorrow morning. Lincoln, on the other hand, has been unreachable, and it's unclear if, or when, she'll announce her intent publicly before the vote, which will come at 8 p.m. tomorrow night.

It's probably a safe guess that, if at the end of the day, there's something standing between Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and 60 votes on the motion to debate to his bill, he won't hold the vote. As unlikely as that is, here are the potential hangups.

• A surprise "No" from Landrieu or Lincoln: Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) is threatening to filibuster the bill at a later date, but he's indicated that he'll vote "yes" tomorrow. Landrieu and Lincoln, on the other hand, are biding their time.
  • An unexpected absence: Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT) has been in Montana for a couple days, attending to his mother, who is reportedly very ill. Separately, Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) has been in bad health for quite a while, and, though he's been there when he's been needed, he has also missed a number of votes this year. If either, or both men can't make it to the Capitol tomorrow, it will likely cause a (potentially very long) delay.
Those are the updates we'll be bringing you tomorrow, along, of course, with the breakdown of the vote itself. If the clerk calls the role, the outcome won't be in doubt--but we may not know until quite late.

Filed: Timeline
From Senate bill weighs in at 2074 pages:

"“Read the bill!” was a rallying cry of some health reform opponents over the summer. And if Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) gets his way, senators will get a chance to hear every word of it. He’s threatening to the read the legislation from start to finish, which by some estimates could take as long as 48 hours."

I find it actually quite disturbing that it's a THREAT to read this bill aloud.

It's considered a threat because it does nothing to help the process. Unless the Senators will sit and listen to the bill being read (which we all know they will not), what's the point of having it read aloud on the floor other than to delay the debate on the measure?

VW has probably read it already.

I'm working on it :huh:

Don't be scared, it's no more voluminous than Sarah's new book but it does have a lot more substance. ;)

Edited by Mr. Big Dog