44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
i yes had a failed marriage but there were no signs of a bad relationship, he is from mexico and in mexico it is ok for the mexican men to have multiple women while married. i for one wanted a monogamous marriage. while we were married and living in separate countries he cheated. did i know this ? no, not until it was too late. we lived together only 2 years and were apart 3 while waiting for the immigration process. this i didn't know before getting TOO involved with such a conniving individual as this person. yes many immigrants have agendas whether it is to get away from a country that doesn't have the freedom america does or duping someone who truly fell in love with someone. why are all of you who are attacking me so mad. did i say it was a bad agenda you jumped to that conclusion. i have done my own research since my marriage failed and i don't base one bad marriage on my opinion of immigrants. i still live in america where as far as i know i have the freedom of speech. i just want to alert any americans to research the country of your intended spouse and find out how they treat their women. i just don't want anyone else to be as hurt as i am. if someone would have alerted me to this part of a mexican males lifestyle i might have thought twice before going through this process. if i can help 1 person from getting hurt than i have done my job. so all you haters peace out

REALLY?????

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

you ARE too funny...

amd certainlly full of it.

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
well needless to say i thought 5 years ago i was the happiest person on earth, today is a different view and maybe a little jaded. the man with whom i brought to this country wound up being a lying cheating ####. everything was fine until he got his permanent status and then he became a person i never met. i now know that anyone coming to america has some kind of agenda. he even duped my church. what a good actor, he had everyone fooled.

my question now is, Do I have to report anything to immigration? I filed for divorce before our 5th anniversary and before he was here for 5 years. Will I get into trouble? I am a born American. I have all the immigration paperwork, being that i was the one who paid for everything.

Any help would do.

thanks

robbie

just to help you where YOU said that people coming to america have an agenda. since you say you cant find it? you said it yourself in your first post.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:wow:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
:pop: talk about generalizations :wow: there is nothing you can do about it now. you have filed the divorce. however, you are still bound to him financially until he has 40 credits of work, or has become a citizen, or moved back to his country.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

i yes had a failed marriage but there were no signs of a bad relationship, he is from mexico and in mexico it is ok for the mexican men to have multiple women while married. i for one wanted a monogamous marriage. while we were married and living in separate countries he cheated. did i know this ? no, not until it was too late. we lived together only 2 years and were apart 3 while waiting for the immigration process. this i didn't know before getting TOO involved with such a conniving individual as this person. yes many immigrants have agendas whether it is to get away from a country that doesn't have the freedom america does or duping someone who truly fell in love with someone. why are all of you who are attacking me so mad. did i say it was a bad agenda you jumped to that conclusion. i have done my own research since my marriage failed and i don't base one bad marriage on my opinion of immigrants. i still live in america where as far as i know i have the freedom of speech. i just want to alert any americans to research the country of your intended spouse and find out how they treat their women.

so this is more of a public service announcement...one in which you insinuate that one bad individual is representative of about 111 million people. yes, I'm sure you did research. :rolleyes:

i just don't want anyone else to be as hurt as i am. if someone would have alerted me to this part of a mexican males lifestyle i might have thought twice before going through this process. if i can help 1 person from getting hurt than i have done my job. so all you haters peace out

No you would not have thought twice....you would have done exactly what you did. You were in love...blindness and partial dementia are side effects. Now, blaming those side effects on your husband's (or ex's, whichever the case may be) ethnicity is just wrong.

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I'm sorry but you're not even worth getting help from any of us. And I'm having deep respect for those who looked behind the lines and still trying to help you.

I'll give you some points so you might reconsider your completely untrue biased opinion about immigrants.

I am moving from a country that is WAY better arranged then Whole America will EVER be. Insurances, social security, healthsystem, etc etc. Everything here is like... no it IS better. I'm moving to America to be with the man I love. It is for us impossible to bring him to my country so chosen to do different.

Don't put your dirty bad cooked food on our plate please. You can ask for help but you have no right to insult people. No. Everyone on this forum of having the intention to get a better life, meaning the country and it's "so called" freedom. Sure there are many ppl who do, but there are so many people that just want to be with the man/woman they love.

I can understand you are upset, and without those accusations, many would've loved to help you out here.

Hope you'll find your way,

goodbye

Edited by DeniseBill

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Filed: Timeline
i yes had a failed marriage but there were no signs of a bad relationship, he is from mexico and in mexico it is ok for the mexican men to have multiple women while married. i for one wanted a monogamous marriage. while we were married and living in separate countries he cheated. did i know this ? no, not until it was too late. we lived together only 2 years and were apart 3 while waiting for the immigration process. this i didn't know before getting TOO involved with such a conniving individual as this person. yes many immigrants have agendas whether it is to get away from a country that doesn't have the freedom america does or duping someone who truly fell in love with someone. why are all of you who are attacking me so mad. did i say it was a bad agenda you jumped to that conclusion. i have done my own research since my marriage failed and i don't base one bad marriage on my opinion of immigrants. i still live in america where as far as i know i have the freedom of speech. i just want to alert any americans to research the country of your intended spouse and find out how they treat their women. i just don't want anyone else to be as hurt as i am. if someone would have alerted me to this part of a mexican males lifestyle i might have thought twice before going through this process. if i can help 1 person from getting hurt than i have done my job. so all you haters peace out

WHAT THE **????????????? :angry:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T. That is absolute slander of Mexican men - translation it is complete bullsh1t. They do not have multiple women. My god you are one bitter woman.

Your marriage failed. That had not a damn thing to do with your ex-spouse's ethnicity.

WHAT THE **????????????? :angry:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T. That is absolute slander of Mexican men - translation it is complete bullsh1t. They do not have multiple women. My god you are one bitter woman.

Your marriage failed. That had not a damn thing to do with your ex-spouse's ethnicity.

wow what a bunch of haters none of you know me or what i have been through and sorry for the generalization i researched over 200+ stories of women who have been through what i have with mexican men. i do know a thing or two. i am not demented and i am not a hater of all immigrants. i haven't been on here in a while and thought i would update my timeline and to i guess as you haters put it a public service announcement. i am used to limited areas in a text and i guess it did come out like a generalization. you all schooled me in proper texting but i never swore or bashed any of you or personally attacked you. i love all people and just wish you all good luck. i hope you all don't get hurt and i hope all your marriages work. always happens to me whenever i try to help someone else out i get kicked. thanks for the help and my soon to be ex husband has worked here and i don't have to worry about him being on any public assistance. i just wanted to know if i had to do any other paperwork for immigration. good luck :blush:

wow what a bunch of haters none of you know me or what i have been through and sorry for the generalization i researched over 200+ stories of women who have been through what i have with mexican men. i do know a thing or two. i am not demented and i am not a hater of all immigrants. i haven't been on here in a while and thought i would update my timeline and to i guess as you haters put it a public service announcement. i am used to limited areas in a text and i guess it did come out like a generalization. you all schooled me in proper texting but i never swore or bashed any of you or personally attacked you. i love all people and just wish you all good luck. i hope you all don't get hurt and i hope all your marriages work. always happens to me whenever i try to help someone else out i get kicked. thanks for the help and my soon to be ex husband has worked here and i don't have to worry about him being on any public assistance. i just wanted to know if i had to do any other paperwork for immigration. good luck :blush:

I call bullsh1th when I see it. I lived in Mexico for 29 years. And I not once met someone that carries himself the way you mention. You are pissed off, understandably; but you really want to be careful with what you say. Not only are you coming across as extremely ignorant, but as a complete arrogant and scorned person. Your ex-husband might very well be a complete azzhole, but that in no way reflects on Mexican men. At all. It would be tantamount to say that all the threads on VJ relating to money hungry materialistic lazy American women are true.

and if every time you "help someone out you get kicked"... well, what do ALL those instances have in common? You guessed right: you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I say move on with your life and stop "generalizing" on how men of certain cultures behave based on the 200 stories you read out of the millions that are out there.

Let's just hope and pray that you don't end up marrying another guy from a different culture. :lol:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

you are just a hater you don't know me and obviously are just reading what you want and not what i am saying. i can't change what or how you feel and i am not going to have a piss contest with you. my ex husband and i are still very good friends. i just have chosen not to be with someone with whom i don't share the same values. i am not a lazy american and am actually a second generation italian. you are obviously very biased. i have been working since i was 12 in my family's business. which we just lost do to the recession. continue to think what you want and continue to be a vulgar mouthed women. i am not the one who is ignorant or arrogant. oh and wow i made a generalization about myself. i will keep helping others out and not hating. but you len keep hating

you are just a hater you don't know me and obviously are just reading what you want and not what i am saying. i can't change what or how you feel and i am not going to have a piss contest with you. my ex husband and i are still very good friends. i just have chosen not to be with someone with whom i don't share the same values. i am not a lazy american and am actually a second generation italian. you are obviously very biased. i have been working since i was 12 in my family's business. which we just lost do to the recession. continue to think what you want and continue to be a vulgar mouthed women. i am not the one who is ignorant or arrogant. oh and wow i made a generalization about myself. i will keep helping others out and not hating. but you len keep hating

I am not the one that said it is a cultural trait for Mexican males to be unfaithful, kid. So shut up and move on. Without an immigrant spouse, you really have nothing to do in this forum.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It bears repeating.

:wow:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.