44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

well needless to say i thought 5 years ago i was the happiest person on earth, today is a different view and maybe a little jaded. the man with whom i brought to this country wound up being a lying cheating ####. everything was fine until he got his permanent status and then he became a person i never met. i now know that anyone coming to america has some kind of agenda. he even duped my church. what a good actor, he had everyone fooled.

my question now is, Do I have to report anything to immigration? I filed for divorce before our 5th anniversary and before he was here for 5 years. Will I get into trouble? I am a born American. I have all the immigration paperwork, being that i was the one who paid for everything.

Any help would do.

thanks

robbie

Filed: Other Timeline

sorry to hear of your marital demise :( the only thing you can do is "learn the lesson" that was taught and go on with your life a lot wiser and stronger.

all the best to ya

(F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

There's nothing to report. You've filed for divorce...eventually it will be granted in the state you reside in and that's it. You're rid of the "lying cheating ###". He is a permanent resident and will be eligible to apply for citizenship, if he so chooses, when he has accumulated 5 years of US residency. Now that you're divorced he has to wait until he reaches 5 years of residency...if you had stayed married, he would have been eligible to apply after 3 years of residency. That's the only thing that changes with your divorce. Absent any tangible proof that he committed 'immigration fraud', there's nothing for you to report.

I would refrain from generalizaitos such as the one you made, that everyone coming to america has some sort of agenda. You just happended to pick a bad apple, so to speak, that does not mean that all immigrants are bad.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
well needless to say i thought 5 years ago i was the happiest person on earth, today is a different view and maybe a little jaded. the man with whom i brought to this country wound up being a lying cheating ####. everything was fine until he got his permanent status and then he became a person i never met. i now know that anyone coming to america has some kind of agenda. he even duped my church. what a good actor, he had everyone fooled.

my question now is, Do I have to report anything to immigration? I filed for divorce before our 5th anniversary and before he was here for 5 years. Will I get into trouble? I am a born American. I have all the immigration paperwork, being that i was the one who paid for everything.

Any help would do.

thanks

robbie

First off, I understand you are upset, but what you say about "anyone coming to America has some kind of agenda" is simply untrue. Second, you can divorce without a problem and there is really nothing else you need to do. Note that you are still on the hook for support should your spouse use any means-tested benefits. Good luck.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

First off, I understand you are upset, but what you say about "anyone coming to America has some kind of agenda" is simply untrue.

:yes:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

No offense, I understand you are disappointed and bitter, but you were married for 5 years, that does not sound like him "having an agenda", it simply sounds like a marriage gone bad. Sad, but it happens. And it's not usually only one person's fault, either.

And yes, there are plenty of immigrants (here on VJ, too) who have no agenda... :star:

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. I have NO agenda except to be with my husband, and I know that's true of a lot of people on this forum.

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm sorry about your failed marriage. Since you have been married for nearly half a decade now, it's unreasonable to assume immigration fraud was on your husband's agenda. If that were the case, he had applied for naturalization a long time ago and then divorced YOU immediately after becoming a US citizen. But he didn't, hence it is what it is: a failed marriage.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope you can move on with your life and find happiness again down the road.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm so sorry. And, I get what you are saying. Heal and move on, my friend.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

i yes had a failed marriage but there were no signs of a bad relationship, he is from mexico and in mexico it is ok for the mexican men to have multiple women while married. i for one wanted a monogamous marriage. while we were married and living in separate countries he cheated. did i know this ? no, not until it was too late. we lived together only 2 years and were apart 3 while waiting for the immigration process. this i didn't know before getting TOO involved with such a conniving individual as this person. yes many immigrants have agendas whether it is to get away from a country that doesn't have the freedom america does or duping someone who truly fell in love with someone. why are all of you who are attacking me so mad. did i say it was a bad agenda you jumped to that conclusion. i have done my own research since my marriage failed and i don't base one bad marriage on my opinion of immigrants. i still live in america where as far as i know i have the freedom of speech. i just want to alert any americans to research the country of your intended spouse and find out how they treat their women. i just don't want anyone else to be as hurt as i am. if someone would have alerted me to this part of a mexican males lifestyle i might have thought twice before going through this process. if i can help 1 person from getting hurt than i have done my job. so all you haters peace out

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Please don't tar everyone with the same brush. I have NO agenda except to be with my husband, and I know that's true of a lot of people on this forum.

where did i say it was a bad agenda you jumped to that conclusion didn't you

If you look at the statements you made directly before and after the "agenda" sentence, it would be impossible to rationally come up with the conclusion you have suggested. I'm sorry your marriage did not work out, but let's not play games, ok?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

i yes had a failed marriage but there were no signs of a bad relationship, he is from mexico and in mexico it is ok for the mexican men to have multiple women while married. i for one wanted a monogamous marriage. while we were married and living in separate countries he cheated. did i know this ? no, not until it was too late. we lived together only 2 years and were apart 3 while waiting for the immigration process. this i didn't know before getting TOO involved with such a conniving individual as this person. yes many immigrants have agendas whether it is to get away from a country that doesn't have the freedom america does or duping someone who truly fell in love with someone. why are all of you who are attacking me so mad. did i say it was a bad agenda you jumped to that conclusion. i have done my own research since my marriage failed and i don't base one bad marriage on my opinion of immigrants. i still live in america where as far as i know i have the freedom of speech. i just want to alert any americans to research the country of your intended spouse and find out how they treat their women. i just don't want anyone else to be as hurt as i am. if someone would have alerted me to this part of a mexican males lifestyle i might have thought twice before going through this process. if i can help 1 person from getting hurt than i have done my job. so all you haters peace out

WHAT THE **????????????? :angry:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T. That is absolute slander of Mexican men - translation it is complete bullsh1t. They do not have multiple women. My god you are one bitter woman.

Your marriage failed. That had not a damn thing to do with your ex-spouse's ethnicity.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.