AbeFaizi

Lost Conditional Green Card and close to filling ROC

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

I need to know the best course of action if anyone can suggest. My wife recently lost a Conditional Green Card (lost a lot of things when a purse of lost) and now we are close to filling Removal of Condition petition. We are approaching "within 90 days of second anniversary" time frame starting November 20th. The form I-751 mentions that a copy of Green Card is required to be part of the package to service as Initial Evidence. Unfortunately, we don't think we have copy of green card, but we do have everything else for this package to prove our good-faith marriage and that we are living together.

Appreciate the guidance here!

Thanks,

Abefaizi

Here's a similar case to you and what she did to fix the problem...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=220622

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Ok. my case is different

My green card was stolen, I did an info pass app. and they told that since my gc will expire on jan 10, 2010 is not necessary to file form (I don't remember the form no. is the one you have to file when you lost, damage your gc). They told to file form I751 and instead of attaching the copy of my gc to attach the police report.

Hi All,

I need to know the best course of action if anyone can suggest. My wife recently lost a Conditional Green Card (lost a lot of things when a purse of lost) and now we are close to filling Removal of Condition petition. We are approaching "within 90 days of second anniversary" time frame starting November 20th. The form I-751 mentions that a copy of Green Card is required to be part of the package to service as Initial Evidence. Unfortunately, we don't think we have copy of green card, but we do have everything else for this package to prove our good-faith marriage and that we are living together.

Thanks,

Abefaizi

• 7 years later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/31/2009 at 0:02 AM, AbeFaizi said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Abefaizi

Abefaizi, 

i am in a similar situation. Can you please advice how you went about this? Desperate for help. 

Thanks in advance

ashish

On 5/10/2017 at 4:08 PM, Ashish Mathew said:

Abefaizi, 

i am in a similar situation. Can you please advice how you went about this? Desperate for help. 

Thanks in advance

ashish

I might be able to help. I had my GC stolen just before ROC. So once I received my NOA1 I made an info pass and asked for an i55i stamp and they refused, they said I needed  an i 90 in other words apply for a replacement card. I said this would be out of date before I received it, they said correct. I said so you want me to pay for a replacement although the USCIS website says do not do that if you are applying for ROC, that will cancel out? They said yes. I was SO upset, as some people at different field offices have walked in with their NOA1 and got the stamp without having to apply for a replacement which we could not really afford after having to spend hundreds of dollars for a transportation letter when my purse was stolen. It was like putting salt in the wound for me. I couldnt travel, apply for a DL nor apply for work. My husband was very upset and wrote a complaint letter to the office in question. Yesterday we received a reply and they said to make an appointment so we can get the i55i stamp.  We are due to go on the 25th and we dont have to apply for a replacement card that we wont receive. I know its an awful position to be in, you have no idea the stress and the tears I have cried over it, there is enough to worry about in life and my husband and I have our fair share right now without this.  There is a similar thread on here regarding a lost card and a person walking into the office as an emergency and receiving a stamp with no problems.   I will let you know what happens on the 25th.

Edited by shell20

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I might be able to help. I had my GC stolen just before ROC. So once I received my NOA1 I made an info pass and asked for an i55i stamp and they refused, they said I needed  an i 90 in other words apply for a replacement card. I said this would be out of date before I received it, they said correct. I said so you want me to pay for a replacement although the USCIS website says do not do that if you are applying for ROC, that will cancel out? They said yes. I was SO upset, as some people at different field offices have walked in with their NOA1 and got the stamp without having to apply for a replacement which we could not really afford after having to spend hundreds of dollars for a transportation letter when my purse was stolen. It was like putting salt in the wound for me. I couldnt travel, apply for a DL nor apply for work. My husband was very upset and wrote a complaint letter to the office in question. Yesterday we received a reply and they said to make an appointment so we can get the i55i stamp.  We are due to go on the 25th and we dont have to apply for a replacement card that we wont receive. I know its an awful position to be in, you have no idea the stress and the tears I have cried over it, there is enough to worry about in life and my husband and I have our fair share right now without this.  There is a similar thread on here regarding a lost card and a person walking into the office as an emergency and receiving a stamp with no problems.   I will let you know what happens on the 25th.

Wow, I'm sorry for what you went through. So they told you that you can apply for ROC without renewing? 

Just now, Ashish Mathew said:

Wow, I'm sorry for what you went through. So they told you that you can apply for ROC without renewing? 

No they didnt, I have already applied for ROC. I got my card stolen shortly before ROC. So I waited for the NOA1, took it into the field office and asked for an i55i stamp, they said you need to apply for a stolen/lost card. I said I cant do that as the USCIS website says not too, I cant afford it and also if I did it would take at least 5 months and it would be out of date. So it depends how near to ROC you are, if you are about to file then I suggest once you get your NOA1 and make an info pass and ask for a stamp in your passport.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, shell20 said:

No they didnt, I have already applied for ROC. I got my card stolen shortly before ROC. So I waited for the NOA1, took it into the field office and asked for an i55i stamp, they said you need to apply for a stolen/lost card. I said I cant do that as the USCIS website says not too, I cant afford it and also if I did it would take at least 5 months and it would be out of date. So it depends how near to ROC you are, if you are about to file then I suggest once you get your NOA1 and make an info pass and ask for a stamp in your passport.

I have not applied for my ROC as yet. I have to apply in August as it is 3 months from expiring (Nov). The only problem is that I have to submit a photocopy of the front and back of my green card. I have a photocopy of the front but not the back.

45 minutes ago, Ashish Mathew said:

I have not applied for my ROC as yet. I have to apply in August as it is 3 months from expiring (Nov). The only problem is that I have to submit a photocopy of the front and back of my green card. I have a photocopy of the front but not the back.

Well you need to actually include a police report with it and if its August you do have time to apply for a replacement if you can afford it, however it takes around 5 months for a replacement card you cant use other than it showing you have an out of date card. You might get it in three months, but even so it will run out in November.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP hasn't logged on to the site for 7 years.  Thread from 2009 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.