Helen G.

about to file form i751 and green card stolen

11 posts in this topic

Ok THANKS SOOOO MUCH for the replies.

1. FIRTS THING TOMORROW MORNING: PRINT FORM I90 and mail it with $290.00 and 85$ (overnight mail)

Another thing that the lawyer told me: he said that I have till oct. 31st to mail my package. Would I get my replacement card before the 90 days???? What should I do???? OH MY GOD!!!! He really told me "you have only 31 days to mail your package" my green expires on january 15, 2010 so my 90 day window starts next month (oct.) Has somebody mailed they package right before the 90 days expire?? I just don't want to send it too close to the expiration date.

How long does it take for them to mail the new card? does it takes less than 2 month???

Another thing I will DO tomorrow morning is call the USCIS local offices here in new orleans and ask them for an appointement. Should I call the local offices or call the main center???? Can I just show up without an appointment????

Should I hire a lawyer???? (so he can go with me to the appointment) I really don't care about the money I just don't want to have any problems getting my permanent resident. We do have 2 girls together (a 2 year old and a 2 month old) with my USCitizen husband, shouldn't this be enough evidence of our marriage???? I remember when we went to our interview the first time.....I got there with my husband and my new born baby, and also I remeber I took all kind of evidence with ous, but the officer that did the interview just took a look to the baby and said "this is enough evidence, I don't need to take a look at all this things"

what's an infopass appointment?????

Also since I am about to start working on my package for removing conditions, I don't have too much evidence. The house is under his names, cars are under his name, the business is under his name, no bills under my name, the only things we do have under both of our names are memberships (like supermarket, officedepot, blockbuster, sam's. We don't have any loan, credit cards together. WE DO have the business and personal checking accounts together, also we do have health insurance, car insurance together but that's it. This is why I ask if having to girls together both of them born in the USA (his place of birth is San Diego also) shouldn't be enough to support our real marriage.

Filed: Timeline

An infopass appointment is the automated system to visit the USCIS centers and make sure they will let you in. I would do this before sending out the I-90 and forking out the cost of it. You will be fine :)

For evidence, include all the financials you mention (spanning all your marriage time); the insurance, bla bla. Send of course the birth certificates of your kids as well.

I agree with Len.

As for evidence, you only have what you have. Send anything that you have jointly, as well as the information on your daughters. If you went on vacations together, send evidence of those as well. If it is not enough evidence, they will be sure to let you know.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OK.

First, drop your previous lawyer who told you not to report the theft. That's horrible advice.

Second, report the theft immediately.

Third, talk to someone as soon as possible. All reports I've read are that the call center is useless, so make an InfoPass appointment. This will give you an appointment at a local USCIS office. You shouldn't need to call them directly.

Worry about your evidence for removal of conditions once you've let USCIS know that your green card was stolen. That's the most important thing at this point to make sure you don't lose status.

I don't think you need a lawyer, you just have to make sure that your status is maintained and stay in communication with USCIS.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Helen,

DO NOT PANIC!

If you file I90 you will waste your money. Replacement GC WILL NOT show up in 3 months. At the InfoPass you will most likely be given I-551 stamp into your passport as a temporary evidence of your status.

Many people never get to see their conditional GC at all. They remove conditions just fine. You will file I751 with a copy of your I-551 stamp instead of GC (front and back). Once I751 is filed, any previous I90 is canceled (and you are not going to get your money back).

Talk to your USCIS local office first, they will help you. Your situation is NOT unique.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

My husbands green card was stolen recently as well. I called and was told that in order to remove conditions, he had to either have his green card, or his receipt for the I90 to replace it. I would research to find out if you need to replace your green card.

You must include a copy of your Permanent Residence Card with your I751 application.

Best of luck!

I-130 Journey

03/12/2008 I-130 Sent

03/17/2008 NOA1

05/07/2008, 05/08/2008 Touched

10/31/2008 Approved!!

NVC Journey

11/07/2008 I-130 Received; Case Number Assigned

11/12/2008 AOS Fee Bill Generated/DS3032 mailed

11/12/2008 Emailed DS3032 11/13/2008 Mailed DS3032 Hardcopy

11/15/2008 AOS Fee Bill Received in Mail (IIN Received in the mail)

11/17/2008 Paid AOS Fee Online

11/17/2008 DS3032 Accepted

11/18/2008 AOS Fee shows as Paid; Mailed AOS Packet overnight

11/18/2008 IV Fee Available, IV Fee Paid Online

11/20/2008 Mailed DS230 Packet Overnight, AOS Entered into the system (False RFE Message) Rec 11/21

11/24/2008 IV Bill hardcopy received (not needed since I paid online)

11/26/2008 NVC Case Complete 19 days!!

12/23/2008 CR1Visa In Hand

12/24/2008 POE San Juan

US Entry

01/09/2009 Welcome Letter/Card Processing ordered

01/15/2009 Green Card Received, 01/14/2009 SS Card Received

Removal of Conditions

10/16/2010 I751 Sent

10/25/2010 NOA Received NOA Date 10/19/2010

01/12/2011 Biometrics (Biometrics letter date 12/15/2010)

03/03/2011 Approved - Card Production Ordered

03/10/2011 GC Received

US Citizenship

10/13/2011 N400 Sent

10/18/2011 NOA 10/19/2011 Check Cashed

04/17/2012 Email bio letter sent (received 4/19/12)

04/24/2012 Early Bio due to travel plans (bio date orig 5/11/12)

04/30/2012 Interview letter received

If you were told that by the misinformation line, I wouldn't take it with much more than a grain of salt.

I'd make an Infopass appointment and find out for sure. If the stamp will work, then they can likely stamp it right there for you.

SA4userbar.jpg

Well, I just found out that in the costumer center phone no. they don't know about imigration!

first I went to an imigration lawyer and he told me "you don't need to report your green card cause that's a waste of money, file I751 and they will sent you a receipt so you only need that to travel and work".

Then I call the costumer services of USCIS and they told me "file I90 with the $290.00 fee and that no matter if its about to expire they will sent me a new one eventually".

Then I made an infopass appointment and in there she told me "let me see your form I751" so since I already fill out this form I gave it to her, I also gave her all my letters from them, even the letter that gives you a welcome as a legal resident, she saw the police report, then she told me :ok, this is what you need to do "file form I751 you have to wait for oct. 15 to mail it, that's when your 90 days start.

Instead of attaching a copy of your green card, which you don't have, you will attached this police report and a statement saiying that your green card got stolen notarized. Then we will review your aplication an if we aproved it you will get a receipt. Once you get the recieve imediately go to the infopass website an schedule an appointement so we will stamp your passport.

I asked her : what about form I90? Do I need to file this form as well?

she said" NO! There's no need to because your card will expire in three month, if your card will expire in six month THEN you will have to file this form, its a waste of money for you and once we get your form I751 the form I90 will no longer be necessary.

I asked her three times: are you sure???? I don't want any delays on my case.

And she told me that if I do what she's telling me I would no get in trouble.

Like I said before, I have 2 daughters with my US citizen husband, and many lawyers have told me that for them having kids together is a big evidence. But still I will send as much evidence as I can.

Well, I just found out that in the costumer center phone no. they don't know about imigration!

Gee, there's a surprise :rolleyes: - NOT!!!

SA4userbar.jpg

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Helen,

I was digging about the same case like yours and I happen to find your post. I lost my green card too :bonk: but im not filing ROC til next year.

So hows it going with your ROC? Did it it went through? did you had any problem at all not having your green card?

I would like to hear your case and I'm sure a lot of people would love to. Kindly post your experience.

Thank you and God Bless!!! (F)

Hi Helen,

I was digging about the same case like yours and I happen to find your post. I lost my green card too :bonk: but im not filing ROC til next year.

So hows it going with your ROC? Did it it went through? did you had any problem at all not having your green card?

I would like to hear your case and I'm sure a lot of people would love to. Kindly post your experience.

Thank you and God Bless!!! (F)

SInce you are not even close to filing for ROC you need to get a new green card by filing I-90 with the option that says my card was lost, stolen.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.