philels

my pictures didn't have dates!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i have another concern with my K1 application. i'm worried that they might think my pictures were not taken within 2 yrs of meeting my fiance. what happened was i was so happy to be with my fiance that i didn't even think of setting my digital cam to have dates on the pictures we were taking. it totally slipped my mind. and now i'm concerned that this might be a problem. all i did was i wrote the dates on the back of the pictures. is anyone in the same situation as i am or has someone gone through the same situation? help =(

October 14, 2009: Sent I-129F via Fedex
October 19, 2009: NOA1 received
January 11, 2010: NOA2 received (email)
January 12, 2010: NOA2 received (hard copy)
January 14, 2010: NVC letter mailed
January 16, 2010: NVC letter received
February 08, 2010: Embassy Letter received
March 16, 2010: Scheduled Medical Exam (PASSED!!!)
April 19, 2010: Interview date (Received MNL-IV-22; white slip)
July 09, 2010: Submitted police clearance (Received another white slip)
November 03, 2010: Resubmitted new I-134 (now it's the waiting game once again!!)
November 09, 2010: Received letter from USEM stating we need an updated medical.
November 24, 2010: Medical exam once again
December 14, 2010: VISA on hand via Air21 (We're APPROVED!! YAY!!)
April 05, 2011: SFO International Airport (POE)
April 14, 2011: Applied for Marriage License
May 17, 2011: Got Married =)
June 20, 2011: Mailed in I-485, I-131, and I-765 via Fedex
June 22, 2011: I-485 package received at USCIS via Fedex Online Tracking
June 24, 2011: Received application receipt number via USCIS text
July 11, 2011: Received Appointment Notice for I-485 and I-765 in the mail.
August 03, 2011: Biometrics Appointment done on scheduled date
August 15, 2011: Received notice of EAD card production VIA text
August 22, 2011: Received EAD card in mail.
September 02, 2011: Applied for Social Security(Received card in mail Sept. 10)
September 16, 2011: AOS interview(passed!! YAY!!)
September 24, 2011: Received GC in the mail =)

August 16, 2013: Sent I-751 via USPS Priority Express

August 17, 2013: I-751 delivered to California Service Center via USPS Tracking

August 21, 2013: Check Cashed

August 23, 2013: Received I-751 Receipt Notice in the mail

August 28, 2013: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail

December 13, 2013: Case status update via text: Production of new card has been ordered

December 18, 2013: Green card mailed via USPS

December 21, 2013: Green Card on hand. YAY!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Mine weren't dated either. The question never arose, because of other "primary" evidence of meeting in the last two years. Photos are not "primary" for some reason.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
i have another concern with my K1 application. i'm worried that they might think my pictures were not taken within 2 yrs of meeting my fiance. what happened was i was so happy to be with my fiance that i didn't even think of setting my digital cam to have dates on the pictures we were taking. it totally slipped my mind. and now i'm concerned that this might be a problem. all i did was i wrote the dates on the back of the pictures. is anyone in the same situation as i am or has someone gone through the same situation? help =(

I didn't have dates on my pictures either. I just wrote on the back of the picture the date and where we were at. We had no problems at all.

Not to worry, I think most folks don't submit pictures with digital dates on them.

Pictures with or without dates are fine - they are considered secondary evidence any way - in other words they don't provide much in the way of proof any ways.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

a lot of us are in the same situation. i didn't think 2 years ago that i would be needed pictures with dates on them. they will understand. just make sure that any information you place in "your story" of how you met or of the relationship match up with the photos. For example if you have a picture that is the day you met, make sure it matches or the day you got proposed, make sure it matches. common sense, but don't make up dates!

Robyn Ashley

May God bless you in all you do today & always!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, my digital photo's don't have dates printed on them either. My camera has a date and time set in it, but it doesn't show up on the prints. I did go to my computer and held the mouse over the picture file and it showed me the date the photo was taken and it looked correct based on the dates we saw each other. I think its difficult to use pictures (if you think about it) to conclusively prove the dates you were together; after all you can set the date on the camera to anything you like if you wanted to "forge" the date. That is why I used pictures together with photocopies of my airline boarding pass, my passport stamp at customs and my airline itinerary to show that I actually flew to England on such and such dates and was stamped in there etc.

I did label my picture of our first meeting trip, but its just what I wrote on it. I can see why that wouldn't be called "primary" evidence. Probably the airline boarding passes together with passport customs stamps etc would be considered primary evidence. As my brother in law put it, they want to be pretty sure this isn't a sham relationship and you really did meet. Pictures of you together show you met, other things together with it show dates (ie within last 2 years). And ongoing relationship if more trips have been made (like in my case).

Edited by CoffeeMuse

Formerly of not so sunny Syracuse, New York (and going way back, Davis California!)

- 2008 Aug Met and began online relationship

- 2008 Dec 2-7 Met 1st time in person (England)

- 2009 Mar 28 Became engaged

- 2009 Apr 2-15 Met 2nd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Aug 25 - Sep 25 Met 3rd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Oct 19 Sent I-129F Application to USCIS

- 2009 Oct 30 NOA1 received

- 2010 Jan 20 NOA2 received (Approval Notice)

- 2010 Feb 4 Notified that approved I-129F petition forward to US Emabassy at London

- 2010 Mar 26 - Apr 15 Met 4th time in person (Fairfax-VA-USA)

- 2010 July 29 Fiancee had medical in London

- 2010 July 30 London Embassy Interview Date (K1 Visa approved pending a laundry list of medial stuff)

- 2010 Nov 2 Courier website shows K1 Visa packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval!

- 2010 Nov 3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! Visa's are in the building and in my fiancees hands! (tentative Jan 2011 arrival)

Timeline

thanks guys. that's one less of my worries. i'm just paranoid that i might have done something wrong with my k-1 application or that i might have forgotten something.

November 03, 2010: Resubmitted new I-134 (now it's the waiting game once again!!)
November 09, 2010: Received letter from USEM stating we need an updated medical.

December 13, 2013: Case status update via text: Production of new card has been ordered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

that should not be a problem. we did not have the dates on the pictures we submitted. we just wrote down on the back of the pics the place we were in and the dates. good luck! :star:

AOS ( I-845, I-765, I-131 )

Oct 07 2009 AOS Packet Sent

Oct 23 2009 NOA's Hard Copy Recieved (NOAs Dated Oct 20 2009)

Nov 06 2009 Walk-in Bio Completed ( Original App. Date Nov 19th)

Nov 09 2009 RFE ( Dated 04 Nov'09)

Nov 26 2009 Touch I-845, E-mail Respond to RFE Rcvd. Case Resumed

Nov 27,30 Dec 01,02 2009 Touch I-845

Dec 07 2009 Touch & E-mail AOS Transferred to CSC

Dec 08 2009 Touch I-845, Dec 11 2009 Touch I-845, E-mail AOS Being Processed at CSC & Transfer Notice Received in Mail

Dec 13,14&15 2009 Touch I-845 and 21 2009 Touch I-765 I-131 E-mail EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval Notice Sent

Dec 23&24 2009 Touch I-845 and AP Approval Notice Received in Mail

Dec 28 2009 Touch I-845, I-765, E-mail EAD Card Prod Ordered

Dec 30&31 2009 Touch I-765 and AP&EAD Card Received in Mail

Jan 07 2010 AOS Approved (E-mail & Touch) Notice mailed Welcoming new PR

Jan 08 2010 Email:GC Card Production Ordered

Jan 11 Touch I-845, 12th 2010 Welcome Letter Received in Mail & Email: Approval Notice Sent

Jan 13 2010Touch I-854

Jan 14 2010 GC Received !! Praise Lord !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The "digital date" imprinted by your camera on the photo proves nothing and can be easily fabricated. No need for this at all.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Neither did my PICTURE (singular) Nor was there any description on the back or veen our names, but we looked just like the passport photos we sent. Approved in 58 days, no RFE and to top it off the description of our meeting was two sentences.

Now a word of advice. You have already sent the package...stop worrying! The time for these questions was BEFORE you sent it, now there is nothing you an do unless you get an RFE, so stop worrying and take a few breaths.

Good luck.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
thanks guys. that's one less of my worries. i'm just paranoid that i might have done something wrong with my k-1 application or that i might have forgotten something.

Let me help if I may. You are correct, you MIGHT have doen something wrong, and you MIGHT have forgotten something. There, stop worrying, now you know the truth and the truth will set you free. Relax. IF you forgot something or IF you did something wrong, you will get an RFE and then you will correct what you did wrong or send what you forgot and all will be OK.

Now you need to be working on other things, collect all the documents you need for the interview, download packet three, study the interview process, study the AOS process. What's done is done, start looking and studying where you are going, not where you have been. USCIS will let you if there is a problem.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

i know u guys are right. i need to stop worrying. by the way what exactly is an RFE??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

no more thoughts,leave it unleashed and the approval will be obtained soon,rfe (request for evidence) if you lack any of their requirements,and u will be informed,but sure if you follow the guides here on vj you are fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You'll be fine, as others have suggested. Your evidence submitted should all together, tell the story.

For us, we met in Kiev. We had passport stamps and train and airplane passes with the Ukraine stamp. We had an apartment lease in my name and we had pictures of us in Kiev. I submitted copies of the photo and information pages of our passports to place the name with the faces in the pictures. We had a pizza delivery receipt in her name. I had currency exchange receipts. All together, it was obvious that we met in Kiev.

Now for your proof of an ongoing relationship for the interview, submit similar evidence. How do you correspond, what do you talk about, what photos do you exchange, gifts sents and receipts and photos of the other one with the gift.......again, everything put together should "tell the story".

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You'll be fine, as others have suggested. Your evidence submitted should all together, tell the story.

For us, we met in Kiev. We had passport stamps and train and airplane passes with the Ukraine stamp. We had an apartment lease in my name and we had pictures of us in Kiev. I submitted copies of the photo and information pages of our passports to place the name with the faces in the pictures. We had a pizza delivery receipt in her name. I had currency exchange receipts. All together, it was obvious that we met in Kiev.

Now for your proof of an ongoing relationship for the interview, submit similar evidence. How do you correspond, what do you talk about, what photos do you exchange, gifts sents and receipts and photos of the other one with the gift.......again, everything put together should "tell the story".

Agree'd, although I didn't keep much documentation such as receipts etc. I did fly through London and on to northern England last December but didn't keep any of that minutea (I probably should have). Just passport customs stamp, airline boarding passes and a photo of us together. Minimal but hopefully sufficient. Pretty much the same for later visits, airline boarding passes when she came to visit me, visa waiver, pictures together in front of prominent recognizable places such as the Washington Monument and the Capitol Reflecting Pond with the Capitol building in the background. For ongoing, just email logs.

These days with instant messaging, voice over internet, the traditional letters and stuff we don't have. I explained that in my statement sent with my K1 package today, that I have an email log (list of all emails sent and received) but even that got sparse in the past 5 months since we rely on other, undocumented means of communications.

Formerly of not so sunny Syracuse, New York (and going way back, Davis California!)

- 2008 Aug Met and began online relationship

- 2008 Dec 2-7 Met 1st time in person (England)

- 2009 Mar 28 Became engaged

- 2009 Apr 2-15 Met 2nd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Aug 25 - Sep 25 Met 3rd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Oct 19 Sent I-129F Application to USCIS

- 2009 Oct 30 NOA1 received

- 2010 Jan 20 NOA2 received (Approval Notice)

- 2010 Feb 4 Notified that approved I-129F petition forward to US Emabassy at London

- 2010 Mar 26 - Apr 15 Met 4th time in person (Fairfax-VA-USA)

- 2010 July 29 Fiancee had medical in London

- 2010 July 30 London Embassy Interview Date (K1 Visa approved pending a laundry list of medial stuff)

- 2010 Nov 2 Courier website shows K1 Visa packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval!

- 2010 Nov 3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! Visa's are in the building and in my fiancees hands! (tentative Jan 2011 arrival)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.