amira16

Fiancee wants to petition Gf and mom at the same time.

10 posts in this topic

hi i just like to ask ...would it be possible for my fiancee to petition me and his mom and son at the same time?

He just called last time and told me that he's going to submit paper for me as his fiancee soon as he graduated from the

army.. but would it be possible to petition his mom,son and me at the same time? or the embassy will just choose who's

to grant first.?

newbie here glad to find this site...=> Thanks...

ROC journey

09-03-2012 Filed ROC

09-07-2012 Received NOA1 stating they received my ROC pocket

11-13-12 Received mail for biometrics schedule ( good thing I called n follow up, coz I didnt received the first bio sched they sent me)

11-27-2013: Biometrics schedule

04-19-2013: received mail stating they approved my ROC ( 4-16-2013) no interview)

6/7/13 received txt/email updated case status & order card

6/13/2013: Received 10 yr GC

Thank U God!

N-400 journey

10/21/13 - send pocket to uscis ( Phoenix, Az lockbox)

10/23/13 - pocket received by uscis

10/25/13 - received acceptance letter

11/02/13 - received biometrics letter scheduled on 11/13/13

11/15/13 - received text/email " in line for interview "

01/06/14 - received txt/email scheduled for interview

01/13/14 - received interview letter set on Feb. 10.

02-10-14 - Interview ( San Fernando Valley Field Office, Chartsworth Ca.)

02-10-14 - interview Day.. Approved...

02-14-14 - received updates case scheduled for oath taking ??

03-14-14 - OATH TAKING @ Montebello, Ca.

already a U.S Citizen ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not that it matters, but I assume he's getting his citizenship through military service, since his mother and son are in the Philippines.

Sure, he can petition anyone he's eligible to petition. As a US citizen, he can petition his mom, his son, and you at the same time. Each petition is separate, and will be processed separately and take whatever time it takes. Neither USCIS nor the Embassy are going to intentionally process one petition before another. Immigrant visas tend to take a little longer to process, so I'd guess you'll probably interview before his mom and son, but there's no guarantee that will be the case.

Does he have a good job waiting for him when he gets out of the army? He'll need one, if he's sponsoring 3 immigrants.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

He can file petition for all of you at the same time, the only thing that matter is that if he can support you all in his AOS at the same time as well.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yep, as the others have said, he can petition all of you at the same time, but they will be separate petitions, so some might go quicker than others. However, as you have 6 months to use the visa, you should be able to all fly over together, if that is what you wish to do. Household size will be 4 (your USC fiance, his mom, son and you) unless there are other dependants, so he will need a stable, well paying job or co-sponsors to be able to bring you all over.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Yeah.. he has a good job... he's in service for US military... i guess he can support us... what do you think? is that enough? =>

Thanks for the time advising....

ROC journey

09-03-2012 Filed ROC

11-13-12 Received mail for biometrics schedule ( good thing I called n follow up, coz I didnt received the first bio sched they sent me)

04-19-2013: received mail stating they approved my ROC ( 4-16-2013) no interview)

Thank U God!

N-400 journey

already a U.S Citizen ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hi i just like to ask ...would it be possible for my fiancee to petition me and his mom and son at the same time?

He just called last time and told me that he's going to submit paper for me as his fiancee soon as he graduated from the

army.. but would it be possible to petition his mom,son and me at the same time? or the embassy will just choose who's

to grant first.?

newbie here glad to find this site...=> Thanks...

he can put ALL the petition in one envelope and mail them all at once. It will have nothing to do with which is processed first or granted first. USCIS will process them as they do for each type of visa and then foraward to the consulate for thie rprocessing. I will guarantee they will not be issued at the same time.

Yeah.. he has a good job... he's in service for US military... i guess he can support us... what do you think? is that enough? =>

Thanks for the time advising....

Depends on his income, not his job position.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Thanks Gary and Alla... =>

ROC journey

09-03-2012 Filed ROC

Thank U God!

N-400 journey

already a U.S Citizen ?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yep, as the others have said, he can petition all of you at the same time, but they will be separate petitions, so some might go quicker than others. However, as you have 6 months to use the visa, you should be able to all fly over together, if that is what you wish to do. Household size will be 4 (your USC fiance, his mom, son and you) unless there are other dependants, so he will need a stable, well paying job or co-sponsors to be able to bring you all over.

Fiancee and son may well be able to travel together but the Mother will be waiting three or four years for a visa to become available. Her case file will stay at the NVC in New Hampshire until then. Son's and fiancees get immidiate visa availability but mothers do not.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Fiancee and son may well be able to travel together but the Mother will be waiting three or four years for a visa to become available. Her case file will stay at the NVC in New Hampshire until then. Son's and fiancees get immidiate visa availability but mothers do not.

Not correct, parents of a USC also get an immediate visa number....

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Not correct, parents of a USC also get an immediate visa number....

Well, this wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Do you have a handy reference for that? Never mind. I found it rather quickly. Don't know why I've had this impression for so long. Thanks for the correction.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.