Britthaven

cheating american husband.........

37 posts in this topic

Hi,everyone!

new member here!i'm going to point right away.i need a free legal help and i hope someone here can....

me and my husband agreed that he's going to pinas,to put up a fishing business,since his work here on sale i slow.but to the promised that he's going to stay with my family the whole time that he's in pinas.but to make it shorter....he ended up moving out from my family and he started doing monkey business as well.no phone calls,and he's not letting me know his phone no.and his address!sounds crazy but that's whta he did!but eventually i found out that he met a girl,and that girl become his companion until now.he lft us june 22,he's still there until now...and probably not planning to back.we have a 5year old son!and he's start looking for his daddy!my mother-inlaw is worried too because his the only and yet we don't know where he is!he's just sending us an email when he wants to ask something.so now i have no choice but to file for abandonment and separation.he got our money,so i'm trying to find a free legal help with this matter...i can't believe until now that my husband for almost 7years is going leave me here in the states!i don't have any family here,except friends.and my mother inlaw.he wants to retire in pinas but i told him,that its too early,he's only 45.and the fact that retiring in pinas is not a big joke!we need to be financially stable first.

please,i appreciate any input.

Britthaven

If you want to be rich...count all your blessings that money can't buy...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most county courts offer some level of free legal assistance. Good luck!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from off topic to changes forum.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi,everyone!

new member here!i'm going to point right away.i need a free legal help and i hope someone here can....

me and my husband agreed that he's going to pinas,to put up a fishing business,since his work here on sale i slow.but to the promised that he's going to stay with my family the whole time that he's in pinas.but to make it shorter....he ended up moving out from my family and he started doing monkey business as well.no phone calls,and he's not letting me know his phone no.and his address!sounds crazy but that's whta he did!but eventually i found out that he met a girl,and that girl become his companion until now.he lft us june 22,he's still there until now...and probably not planning to back.we have a 5year old son!and he's start looking for his daddy!my mother-inlaw is worried too because his the only and yet we don't know where he is!he's just sending us an email when he wants to ask something.so now i have no choice but to file for abandonment and separation.he got our money,so i'm trying to find a free legal help with this matter...i can't believe until now that my husband for almost 7years is going leave me here in the states!i don't have any family here,except friends.and my mother inlaw.he wants to retire in pinas but i told him,that its too early,he's only 45.and the fact that retiring in pinas is not a big joke!we need to be financially stable first.

Britthaven

There are free legal workshops in most cities. Volunteer attorneys will give you advice and help you fill out the forms. Filing for a divorce based on abandonment is straightforward. You should be able to handle it yourself. The court fees should not be very much.

Do you have your US citizenship? If so, then you should be able to get your divorce recognized in the Philippines by petitioning the courts there. If not, then your US divorce will not be recognized in the Philippines. You'd have to seek a separate annulment in the Philippines.

Having your divorce recognized in the Philippines is only important if you ever intend to remarry, and want to be able to return to the Philippines sometime. If your divorce is not recognized in the Philippines, and you remarry and return, you could be arrested in the Philippines for bigamy.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Many American Men who visit the Philippines, Have plans to go back and live in Philippines

He will be like a kid in candy store, and basically have almost any woman that he wants. (Sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth).

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,everyone!

Britthaven

Wow! brave american lad in hybernation with a chic in the Philippines ,huh! Mark my word, he'll go back to the States :)

For now,I would suggest that u exercise ur right to ask free legal assistance in the US logal government(i presume ur a naturalized american , arent u?- easy to process) A marital legal counsel would definitely know the details of the hows and what of your case ,besides ,will give you alternatives/options applicable to your situation. You would more likely understand the whole picture with whats gonna happen later on if case be pursued. For the record, Take relevant,valid, tangible evidences/proofs of ur husband's infidelity. Dont just rely on mere hearsay,thats immaterial. Let him know that you already know what he does. Before its too late( that chic leaving him penniless in the Philippines)Give him a knock knock call ! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

THE POWER IS YOURS!

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

Timeline
Hi,everyone!

Britthaven

Wow! brave american lad in hybernation with a chic in the Philippines ,huh! Mark my word, he'll go back to the States :)

For now,I would suggest that u exercise ur right to ask free legal assistance in the US logal government(i presume ur a naturalized american , arent u?- easy to process) A marital legal counsel would definitely know the details of the hows and what of your case ,besides ,will give you alternatives/options applicable to your situation. You would more likely understand the whole picture with whats gonna happen later on if case be pursued. For the record, Take relevant,valid, tangible evidences/proofs of ur husband's infidelity. Dont just rely on mere hearsay,thats immaterial. Let him know that you already know what he does. Before its too late( that chic leaving him penniless in the Philippines)Give him a knock knock call ! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

THE POWER IS YOURS!

I wasn't aware that any local governments in the US provided free legal assistance in family court matters. This would put a lot of divorce lawyers out of business. The free legal workshops that I'm aware of are run by private non-profit groups.

His infidelity might not matter. It depends on what state she lives in. California, for example, has only two grounds for divorce - irreconcilable differences, and insanity. Infidelity would be considered irrelevant, and the courts won't even allow you to introduce it.

I do agree that she needs legal assistance. What she needs to do is probably relatively easy, but the information is buried in a minefield of family code statutes. A free legal workshop would help her focus on exactly what she needs to do.

Look for a legal aid society in your area. Good luck, I hope for the sake of your child this works out

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Here the Self -Serve Family Law seminars and pro-bono attorneys (rookies) operate out of the main Court House.

I believe the bro-bono attorneys are granted a "rented room" to hold such a fracas on a calendar basis, so to take some load off the incoming phone calls to the clerks,

See if your state is a No-Fault divorce state, in which situation you can simply state the reason to be an irrevocable breakdown in marriage. Otherwise a mandated separation period will result in the same.

What state are you in?

Your man has Yellow Fever and is living like a rock star in the RP. Give him time to chill out and he will be back home. I am certain of this.

Best,

NM

Hi,everyone!

Britthaven

THE POWER IS YOURS!

I wasn't aware that any local governments in the US provided free legal assistance in family court matters. This would put a lot of divorce lawyers out of business. The free legal workshops that I'm aware of are run by private non-profit groups.

His infidelity might not matter. It depends on what state she lives in. California, for example, has only two grounds for divorce - irreconcilable differences, and insanity. Infidelity would be considered irrelevant, and the courts won't even allow you to introduce it.

I do agree that she needs legal assistance. What she needs to do is probably relatively easy, but the information is buried in a minefield of family code statutes. A free legal workshop would help her focus on exactly what she needs to do.

Edited by NutMagnet

Many American Men who visit the Philippines, Have plans to go back and live in Philippines

He will be like a kid in candy store, and basically have almost any woman that he wants. (Sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth).

Angeles City, Pampanga Here We Come! Honky Tonk Bar on A. Santos street, directly opposite the Wild Orchid Resort for the 1st stop. The shwirma place opens up at 1330 daily. Let's have a look-see at the Dirty Duck while we wait. Or get that P50 "haircut your hair" at Bong's place.

Never bar fine a girl with wet hair.

NM

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Just Google for the Legal Aid Society nearest you. That is the work they do, to handle situations like yours and also custody issues involving your child. Their fee is based on your ability to pay, and in your case there should be no fee.

I think someone else was referring to the court's public defender office. They provide a lawyer to someone who is accused of a crime and has no money to pay for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,everyone!

Britthaven

THE POWER IS YOURS!

OMG, govt free legal assistance?.. there must be.Her case is under Women's and Child's Rights. Any state/country supporting Human Rights, more so the Bill of Rights..(sorry for sounding preachy :oops::idea: ) incorporates this into their Implementing Laws mmm :reading:

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

She likely won't find 'free' legal representation, but most county courts do offer some level [varies by state and region] of assistance with forms, understanding the process of divorce etc. Depending on where she is at, she may even get free legal representation, but assuming divorce is where her marriage is heading, her first step needs to be to contact the nearest county court clerk office and find out just what assistance is offered in her area.

Sorry she is going through this, and it is rather unfortunate that so many seem to jump on the 'he just wanted to lay a pinay' bandwagon. Life is occasionally more complicated than that.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline
OMG, govt free legal assistance?.. there must be.Her case is under Women's and Child's Rights. Any state/country supporting Human Rights, more so the Bill of Rights..(sorry for sounding preachy :oops::idea: ) incorporates this into their Implementing Laws mmm :reading:

Old Dominion mentioned above that the government only provides free legal representation in criminal cases through the public defenders office. In a criminal case, you have a RIGHT to an attorney. In a civil case you have no such right. This is because a criminal case involves the government against you, while a civil case usually involves one citizen against another. The government (and taxpayers) are under no obligation to cover the costs of settling disputes between two citizens.

On the other hand, there are private non-profit groups (the Legal Aid Society has been mentioned) that offer free legal advise and assistance. They don't generally provide an attorney to represent you in court - you have to do that yourself - but they will help you with forms, and advise you about the law.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Old Dominion mentioned above that the government only provides free legal representation in criminal cases through the public defenders office. In a criminal case, you have a RIGHT to an attorney. In a civil case you have no such right. This is because a criminal case involves the government against you, while a civil case usually involves one citizen against another. The government (and taxpayers) are under no obligation to cover the costs of settling disputes between two citizens.

On the other hand, there are private non-profit groups (the Legal Aid Society has been mentioned) that offer free legal advise and assistance. They don't generally provide an attorney to represent you in court - you have to do that yourself - but they will help you with forms, and advise you about the law.

Actually, that is un-true... It's dependent on county suppose.. I know for a fact that my cousin was able to get free legal representation in court due to her income being so low... This was in chicago. I'm not sure who actually provided, but it was court appointed. Her case may have been a little different because there was physical abuse involved...

But your best bet is take a trip to the court house and they would be able to point you in the right direction as they also might have social workers in house for people in similar situations to you...

Married my love: 06/10/2009

I-130 Sent to CSC: 06/22/2009

I-130 NOA 1: 06/29/2009

I-130 NOA 2: 12/9/2009

I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recieved: 12/15/2009

I-129F Sent to CSC: 07/07/2009

I-129F NOA1: 07/08/2009

I-129F NOA2: 12/9/2009

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved: 12/15/2009

NVC Recieved I-130: 12/15/2009

NVC Recieved I-129F : 12/15/2009

Case #'s Assigned: 12/15/2009

NVC Sent I-129F Petiton to Embassy: 12/16/2009

DS-3032 E-Mail and Hardcopy Sent: 12/19/2009

I-864 AOS Fee Bill Generated: 12/21/2009

I-864 AOS Fee Bill Paid: 12/21/2009

K3: Interview Date Re-assigned to March 11, 2010.

Interview Result: Approved for Visa!

Visa Recieved via Courier: March 17, 2010

I-751 ROC

I-751 Sent: 04/14/2012

I-751 NOA: 04/16/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.