spookyturtle

Australia surpasses US in financial rankings..

51 posts in this topic

Like I said, I'm happy and proud to live in the USA. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Small Business owners do quite well there, so it's probably best you stay here. You realize that since the dollar has gone up, all of those amounts I quoted about median house price and median salary (per person) are much higher.

Just remember which of the G20 was the first to increase their interest rate. Their savings account are paying up to 4.5% interest.

You can quote statistics till you cream in your pants. Whatever rocks your boat. I could care less about home prices and salary somehere else. I live in the US. And I'm glad I do.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Like I said, I'm happy and proud to live in the USA. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Small Business owners do quite well there, so it's probably best you stay here. You realize that since the dollar has gone up, all of those amounts I quoted about median house price and median salary (per person) are much higher.

Just remember which of the G20 was the first to increase their interest rate. Their savings account are paying up to 4.5% interest.

uh.....na, i think he's more needed here in the good ol' US of A :thumbs:

I would need to clone a good 5,000 booyahs to make any progress. My friend is Syrian and his family has done well in AUS. Started from nothing as well.

I must say that all rankings are shmankings...I have been in the UK (ranked number 1 in your list) and the standard of living to me appeared to be far below US standards. Everything is tiny - houses, cars........

Give me the good ol' USA any day (I do admit we have major problems like health care etc. but I won't trade this country for any other...booyah or otherwise:))

K1 Timeline:

I-129F Sent : 2/24/09

NOA 1 notice date : 3/2/09

NOA 1 hard copy received : 3/7/09

Touch:7/3/09

NOA 2 notice date : 7/6/09

Packet 3 from London Embassy: 07/23/09

Completed and mailed :08/04/2009

Interview Letter date:09/02/09

London Embassy Interview: 9/30/09(approved)

Visa in hand:10/9/09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I would need to clone a good 5,000 booyahs to make any progress. My friend is Syrian and his family has done well in AUS. Started from nothing as well.

that's cool although if i were to move to Oz, i wouldn't be seeking out syrians anyways ;)

i like the laid back attitude of aussies, the vast space, and the job opportunities. i sadly need to get a skill they really need, my resume and years of work apparently doesn't cut it. oh and the $2000+ fees associated with the paperwork... :(

spooky: no one's going to hate on your decision to stay here and that you love the US. i'm sure we all love the US in our own ways. but it's also nice to know that there are countries out there that offer things that the US doesn't or can't, and why hate on someone who brings that up.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

You can quote statistics till you cream in your pants. Whatever rocks your boat. I could care less about home prices and salary somehere else. I live in the US. And I'm glad I do.

You don't care? Strange considering you are in every thread. Why are you creating a good thread a day regarding Aus if you 'don't care'? :lol:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't care? Strange considering you are in every thread. Why are you creating a good thread a day regarding Aus if you 'don't care'? :lol:

He wants you to be so offended that you leave. I thought it was obvious.

I must say that all rankings are shmankings...I have been in the UK (ranked number 1 in your list) and the standard of living to me appeared to be far below US standards. Everything is tiny - houses, cars........

Give me the good ol' USA any day (I do admit we have major problems like health care etc. but I won't trade this country for any other...booyah or otherwise:))

Which list is that? UK is actually ranked quite poorly in most "lists". Hence why 1.5 million Brits have migrated to Aus and continue to do so daily.

PS This is your 4th post. Strange for a noob to be in OT by their 4th post.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

that's cool although if i were to move to Oz, i wouldn't be seeking out syrians anyways ;)

i like the laid back attitude of aussies, the vast space, and the job opportunities. i sadly need to get a skill they really need, my resume and years of work apparently doesn't cut it. oh and the $2000+ fees associated with the paperwork... :(

spooky: no one's going to hate on your decision to stay here and that you love the US. i'm sure we all love the US in our own ways. but it's also nice to know that there are countries out there that offer things that the US doesn't or can't, and why hate on someone who brings that up.

I'm a citizen. I know every country has something to offer. Do you think the Syrians would like it if an American immigrated there and proceeded to continually tell them how much Syria sucked and how much better the US was that they would appreciate it?

You really are stupid, aren't you?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

You cannot actually be that stupid. To think I will leave because of some desperate Bostonian.

What is "obvious" is his obsession with what I post.

You really are stupid, aren't you?

I am not the desperate loser who, claims to be a high profile, hides his life and then is obsessed with following me.

You're probably not even going through the immigration process but are just lying to troll.

You cannot actually be that stupid. To think I will leave because of some desperate Bostonian.

There you go again, being a douche insulting Mrs. Cat. Your wife must really make you tow the line. That's why you piss of all of the women here. At home you're a mouse. Pathetic.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I'm a citizen. I know every country has something to offer. Do you think the Syrians would like it if an American immigrated there and proceeded to continually tell them how much Syria sucked and how much better the US was that they would appreciate it?

Freedom of expression fuckwit.

There you go again, being a douche insulting Mrs. Cat. Your wife must really make you tow the line. That's why you piss of all of the women here. At home you're a mouse. Pathetic.

No I just don't like cats as she does not like me. Hence, the tone of her post.

Edited by Booyah!

Freedom of expression fuckwit.

No I just don't like cats as she does not like me. Hence, the tone of her post.

She doesn't like you? Why? Was it something you said?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

I'm starting to think you're delusional and not just ###### with Spooks to get a rise out of him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm starting to think you're delusional and not just ###### with Spooks to get a rise out of him.

there's a bit of bad blood between them two.

and i think they both need to cool it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Delusional is part of it. It's a much more complex syndrome than mere delusion.

My apologies for simplifying the matter. I am stoopid after all. :P