spookyturtle

Australia surpasses US in financial rankings..

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
I'm a citizen. I know every country has something to offer. Do you think the Syrians would like it if an American immigrated there and proceeded to continually tell them how much Syria sucked and how much better the US was that they would appreciate it?
im sure they wouldn't like it. but people are entitled to their opinions. the US does have a bad reputation in many ways overseas. i've endured enough looks of pity when i go travel and people ask me where i'm from lol

But he's not living overseas. He immigrated here. You don't shi t where you eat. That's all I'm saying.

our constitution was written in such a way that we are allowed to sh!t where we eat. that's the basis of this country's beginnings. we have the right to gripe about what we don't like and bring it to light and let others become aware of it as well. and what is he really complaining about that pisses you off so much? surely, even you have some issues with how some stuff goes down here? come on....

anyways, this isn't my fight, so play fair guys...and if this turns into a jello-filled bathtub sort of fight, do let me know. :dance:

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spook does not seem to comprehend constructive criticism. There is no reason or justification for countries like Canada or Australia to be beating the US in so many areas that directly impact our quality of life here. Just the other day I posted a link of goggle streetview, which now covers Canada, and couldn't believe myself how phenomenal Canada looks. How can anyo9ne not look at Canada and think what the heck are we doing here? There are various places/houses I saw in Canada that I emailed various family members and friends, who happen to be directly involved in town planning and construction. That is how people abroad learn and improve. I'm certainly not going to hear a why are you unAustralian from anyone I sent emails to. In spooks, mind that is just hating. Disappointment with the status quo, is the first step in just about every significant historical change in America.

This is embarrassing when you think of it.

Canada: - Vancouver metro area (Random)

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=49....,143.74,,0,4.22

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&layer=...803448&z=13

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&layer=...213791&z=11

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&layer=...213791&z=11

US: - Chicago metro area (Random)

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41....182.28,,0,-4.51

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41....,294.02,,0,-5.3

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41....,299.52,,0,0.36

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41....177.53,,0,-0.97

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm a citizen. I know every country has something to offer. Do you think the Syrians would like it if an American immigrated there and proceeded to continually tell them how much Syria sucked and how much better the US was that they would appreciate it?
im sure they wouldn't like it. but people are entitled to their opinions. the US does have a bad reputation in many ways overseas. i've endured enough looks of pity when i go travel and people ask me where i'm from lol

if that is the way you interpreted the "looks" of others, that is your problem ALONE.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

if that is the way you interpreted the "looks" of others, that is your problem ALONE.

Saying you're American in a number of first world countries is often not greeted with open arms. Whenever I myself travel to another country and state that I am simply living in the US, often results in having to defend the country from a barrage of criticism; which should say something about perception. Not to mention the sheer number of people that blame the latest global financial crisis on Americans.

In such a global world we live in, perception is everything. A country cannot ignore it anymore, without suffering.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Saying you're American in a number of first world countries is often not greeted with open arms. Whenever I myself travel to another country and state that I am now living in the US, this often results in having to defend the country. Which should say something about perception.

Not to mention how many people blame the latest global financial crisis on the US.

those people are ignorant then since smart people realize that the people of a country do not always agree with what their gov't is doing. i'd just might expect this attitude in the 3rd world country where they lack education, but first world countries have no excuse other than ignorance. give them all the excuses you wish if you makes your case, but i will not. and yeah, i can seriously imagine you "defended" the US... oh please stop BSing us.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

those people are ignorant then since smart people realize that the people of a country do not always agree with what their gov't is doing. i'd just might expect this attitude in the 3rd world country where they lack education, but first world countries have no excuse other than ignorance. give them all the excuses you wish if you makes your case, but i will not. and yeah, i can seriously imagine you "defended" the US... oh please stop BSing us.

You obviously don't get out much. What the government does is not the only reason people abroad don't like Americans. Many have had first hand experience with tourists that can be rude, obnoxious and disrespectful. Remember, just because people here feel they have the right to speak their opinion loudly, in public, does not mean that everybody wants to hear it. Therefore, anyone who deals with such Americans will walk away assuming this is how Americans are. Heck, I have seen it first hand. Most of these countries are not made up of 303 million that leave across millions of square miles. As a result, yes the word gets around.

I live here do I not. But I have to agree, most of the defending occurred prior to living here for the three year mark. Not because I dislike the country but because I would have to lie to defend it. How do I defend the lack of modern infrastructure? The lack of sidewalks, street lamps, nature strips, landscaping, road markings, old torn up road surface, lack of cleaning in so many streets? Lack of 21st century cities and town, lack of modern public transport, the beaten up cities and counties; or the sheer number of ghettos like Detroit, Compton, Newark, East DC, Harlem etc.

I have posted above a range of google streetview links. How do you defend that? Is this America or is this Sudan? However, I do defend what I can, which is that there are some really good honest people in this country and unfortunately the world does not get to see these folk. Often or not they are too busy working on minuscule wages and cannot travel. Instead the world sees big mouth tosses from wealthier states, who leave a lasting impression.

Edited by Booyah!