sasaqlain

Another Infopass Tomorrow!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well, I have another Infopass Appointment coming up tomorrow morning. As usual, I don't expect much outcome from it, but wanted to ask here if there are any set of questions that any of you would recommend that I can ask that might help me. My I-485 interview decision is nearing its 3 month delay, without any reason. The last Infopass I scheduled two weeks ago, I asked if its the background checks and I was told, that background checks are all fine. God knows that the AO is waiting for. Garden City isn't even that busy, so a hold up seems un-ncessary and biased. Any suggestions?

I hope, they dont get annoyed with me for scheduling Infopass that soon, AGAIN.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

hat is so weird I hope you get some type of answer. I know stuff like this was happening all the time 3 or so years ago.

I do hope they can give you some straight answers. I there anything in your past they may be looking at?

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you tried requesting to speak with the officer that conducted your AOS interview? Is that even possible?

12/29/2007 Got married in the Philippines
03/28/2008 Got 10yr B1/B2 visa
04/12/2008 Arrived in US under B1/B2 visa
08/06/2008 Filed I-539 visa extension
10/23/2008 I-539 approved
02/23/2009 USC wife filed I-130 Chicago Lockbox
02/26/2009 I-130 delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02/27/2009 Medical exam I-693
03/01/2009 Negative result on TB skin test
03/04/2009 I-130 received by California Service Center
03/05/2009 Check cashed by USCIS
03/06/2009 Medical Exam form I-693 released by civil surgeon
03/07/2009 NOA Receipt Notice for I-130
03/14/2009 Mailed I-485, I-864, I-693, I-765 & I-131 thru USPS
03/16/2009 "The Package" delivered to Chicago Lockbox
03/16/2009 I-94 expired after 11 months since arrival
03/25/2009 Check cashed by USCIS
03/26/2009 Received NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131
03/28/2009 Received notice for Biometrics Appointment (April 9)
04/02/2009 Approval Notice for I-130 received
04/09/2009 Biometrics done
05/07/2009 Received Advance Parole Document
05/08/2009 Received Interview Letter
05/09/2009 Received EAD card
05/11/2009 Applied for SSN
05/16/2009 Received SSN
06/23/2009 AOS interview approved
06/27/2009 Welcome Letter received
07/05/2009 Green Card received
06/01/2011 Mailed I-751 Form
06/07/2011 Received NOA for I-751
07/11/2011 Biometrics Done

03/19/2015 Mailed N-400

03/30/2015 NOA Received

04/15/2015 Biometrics Appointment

06/23/2015 Interview

07/22/2015 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
hat is so weird I hope you get some type of answer. I know stuff like this was happening all the time 3 or so years ago.

I do hope they can give you some straight answers. I there anything in your past they may be looking at?

Tell me about it. Nothing in the past NArocks..... Clean & Impeccable. The only recorded offence that I have is getting a ticket for using a cell phone while driving :). The interview couldn't have gone any better either. All I can say is that maybe my birth place is raising alarm and that would fall in the category of willful discrimination. Since I belong to Pakistan and that too from a part where the US military is eagerly pursuing a war against terror. Dont know why that would even be an issue since its easy to get the citizenship here than to get a visit visa from my country where the background checks are extremely rigorous. Sigh!

IR5 For Parent

Timeline
Have you tried requesting to speak with the officer that conducted your AOS interview? Is that even possible?

Visacheck: during my last infopass appointment two weeks ago, I asked the officer if it would be possible to see the AO who had interviewed me. His reply was, its not possible now since he is conducting interviews at the moment. So I assume, people do come with similar requests and even at times do get to speak to the AO's that interview them. Otherwise he would have told me that its not allowed. But since the officers always reply so bluntly and always seem to be eager to get rid of you, that I find it difficult to ask more questions. Lets See what happens now. I have sent letters to the Congressman and the Senator though. But that itself will be months before they take any action on it, if they ever do. The service request I placed came back with a reply stating that I'll hear from them in 60 days from date of issuance of the letter regarding my query. So thats all there is to it for now.

IR5 For Parent

While it does sound discriminating... I think they do base the AOS partly on the country of origin. However, regardless of where you are from, taking 3 months to tell you absolutely nothing is just rediculous. I really hope they tell you something... I would again press the issue of speaking to your officer...maybe ask them if you can wait for them if they are busy.

Good luck!

Adjust from VWP:

Marriage on day 64

06/29/09 - AOS package sent

07/01/09 - Package received via FedEx @ Chicago

07/08/09 - Received NOA

07/27/09 - Received Advanced Parole document dated 7/22

08/04/09 - Biometrics Appointment

08/12/09 - Received EAD Card

08/14/09 - Applied for Social Security Card

09/15/09 - Interview in Fairfax, VA ***APPROVED***

09/15/09 - Card Production Ordered

09/19/09 - Welcome to the USA letter received.

09/24/09 - Green Card in Hand

Time from Application receipt to Approval: 76 days.

Remove conditions: 09/2011

Remove conditions initial application: 7/6/2011 Approval: 4/17/2012

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
While it does sound discriminating... I think they do base the AOS partly on the country of origin. However, regardless of where you are from, taking 3 months to tell you absolutely nothing is just rediculous. I really hope they tell you something... I would again press the issue of speaking to your officer...maybe ask them if you can wait for them if they are busy.

Good luck!

hey saspakbhai,

i am agree with lechatnoir. ask them if you can wait for the officer who took your interview. do you remmeber his name. if they say no then ask is that any date when you go to garden city and talk to your interviewd IO? or say you are readu to go to mahanttan if he can talk to you over there. try to talk to same thing round and round so may be they come up with something.

Good Luck

Timeline

Thank you all for your wishes and prayers. I just got back from the Infopass Appointment. As usual, the officer told me that a decision hasn't been reached yet. I informed her that I plan to leave the country for some time and intend to use the AP. She said, as long as I dont have any overstay's I'll be fine. I asked her that my concern is that what i leave and then find out that I have been called for another interview. her reply was that its highly unlikey that i will be called for another interview and a decision should be reached based on this interview. She also mentioned that my case shouldn't that long now. Thats was it.

I did mention on the form that is given out to us when we report to the infopass window, that I wished to see the AO that interviewed me. They never mentioned it was a possibility and said they'll compile my query and personally hand it to the AO who has my file.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Thank you all for your wishes and prayers. I just got back from the Infopass Appointment. As usual, the officer told me that a decision hasn't been reached yet. I informed her that I plan to leave the country for some time and intend to use the AP. She said, as long as I dont have any overstay's I'll be fine. I asked her that my concern is that what i leave and then find out that I have been called for another interview. her reply was that its highly unlikey that i will be called for another interview and a decision should be reached based on this interview. She also mentioned that my case shouldn't that long now. Thats was it.

I did mention on the form that is given out to us when we report to the infopass window, that I wished to see the AO that interviewed me. They never mentioned it was a possibility and said they'll compile my query and personally hand it to the AO who has my file.

may be you good saspakbhai. may be you will recieve something soon. best of luck.

Timeline

So sweet of you Richa. I see from your timeline that your parents have gone through the biometrics appointment. Soon, inshallah you'll receive your Interview dates. Start collecting evidence and documents.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Saspk-I am new on this forum, but I just want to tell you that you have my compassion and understanding.

I am also in the middle of uncertain situation and I don;t know when to expect a response from USCIS. I had my AOS interview on Sept.15, everything went great, but the officer said that he was not able to complete my case that day because he didn't have my biometrics! :blink:

I had my biometrics done for my EAD at the beginning of August, but i thought that would cover the I-485 biometrics as well. Wrong!

One week before the interview I received a bio appointment letter for I-485 that was scheduled 2 weeks AFTER the interview.

At that time I thought it was an error and I decided that I would go anyway, whatever happens at the interview. I found out later at the interview that actually it was not an error, they have never been captured! :angry:

So I did my bio on September 30th and now I'm waiting and waiting... :clock: and nobody is able to tell me how long it's going to take to see my Green Card in the mail.

Just my 2 cents...to let you know that there are also people waiting after the interview like you.

Lots of Good luck!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Timeline
Saspk-I am new on this forum, but I just want to tell you that you have my compassion and understanding.

I am also in the middle of uncertain situation and I don;t know when to expect a response from USCIS. I had my AOS interview on Sept.15, everything went great, but the officer said that he was not able to complete my case that day because he didn't have my biometrics! :blink:

I had my biometrics done for my EAD at the beginning of August, but i thought that would cover the I-485 biometrics as well. Wrong!

One week before the interview I received a bio appointment letter for I-485 that was scheduled 2 weeks AFTER the interview.

At that time I thought it was an error and I decided that I would go anyway, whatever happens at the interview. I found out later at the interview that actually it was not an error, they have never been captured! :angry:

So I did my bio on September 30th and now I'm waiting and waiting... :clock: and nobody is able to tell me how long it's going to take to see my Green Card in the mail.

Just my 2 cents...to let you know that there are also people waiting after the interview like you.

Lots of Good luck!

Thank you for your time and post juliava. Yours seem to be a genuine matter and I am positive you'll hear positive news the moment your office receives clearance and your biometrics. Keep on checking and if not too inconvenient, make infopasses every few weeks if you don't hear from them soon. I have a feeling your ordeal will be over soon and I pray and hope, you don't have to wait as long as me. There is a lot of mismanagement within the USCIS as well. My officer while interviewing me for the I-485 was clueless to the fact that my I-130 had already been approved by the CSC and he had no mention of it while he was going through my file on his table and his computer. So, in your case, its seems understandable if they are holding it due to the biometrics which will be a piece of cake. My prayers and best wishes are with you.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank you Saspk!!!

What is really disappointing is the fact that sometimes these people don't check our "AOS journey". Why in the world would you schedule a bio appointment AFTER the interview date when it's supposed to be before?Now after the bio, I start to wonder if they are really able to put everything together soon! :wacko:

I saw that you requested to speak to your interview's officer. Is it possible to do that if you don't even remember the officer's name?I am one of those who doesn't! :blink:

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Timeline
Thank you Saspk!!!

What is really disappointing is the fact that sometimes these people don't check our "AOS journey". Why in the world would you schedule a bio appointment AFTER the interview date when it's supposed to be before?Now after the bio, I start to wonder if they are really able to put everything together soon! :wacko:

I saw that you requested to speak to your interview's officer. Is it possible to do that if you don't even remember the officer's name?I am one of those who doesn't! :blink:

Well, USCIS is a mystery:)

Actually, yes you can request to see your interviewing officer and if he is available, free & willing, he can see you. You don't have to know his name, since its already on file when you go to your local field office and they open up your case online. I remember when I went the first time and was being handled at the booth, The officer took my Interviewing officers name and said he hasn't reached a decision yet. Since I didn't mention the AO's name, I knew they have all the details, just by punching in your Alien # or Receipt Number. In my case, both the times I placed a request to see my AO, it was morning time and I know its pretty busy for these guys since thats when most of the interviews are conducted and i never really pressed hard. I hope this helped.

IR5 For Parent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.