RingoRiver

Forgot document! Possible to send in before RFE?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi-

Long time viewer first time poster.

I sent in my 1-129F packet in early August this year. I realized recently after going through the photocopies of the documents I sent that I forgot to include one page in my packet (even though I thought I checked about 20x! LOL).

It's not any of the official documents- but a summary page that I made explaining each piece of supplemental evidence that I included. (I-129F question 18 supplement.) I gave a brief description of the four times we met in the past two years. I had a variety of supporting evidence- hotel reciepts, itineraries, boarding passes, etc. I am worried that without the Summary page it will all seem jumbled up. I breifly answered the question on the form itself- but this page goes into much more detail.

Anyways- my question is it possible to send in additional info BEFORE the packet is analyzed/before receiving an RFE?

I would like to send in this summary page. I also found some additional hotel receipts and boarding passes that I did not send the first time. And we didn't include photocopies of every page of her passport- just the pages with entry stamps when she came to visit me in America.

Is it possible to add to your packet before being requested? And if so what is the best method?

Thanks!

-J

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Osaka/Kobe, Japan

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-20

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-26

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 67 days from your NOA1 date.

夏の夜

思い出すのは

君のキス

Is it possible to add to your packet before being requested? And if so what is the best method?

While it might be possible to send in additional evidence - it is NOT recommended you attempt to send things in without being asked for it by USCIS (in other words, wait until/if you get an RFE). (The main reason is you can never be certain what ever you send in will marry up with your petition.)

Timeline

Thanks for the quick reply!

I figured that was probably the case.

Well I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed the documentation I did provide is enough- and rest assured knowing I have additional information to provide if requested.

Event Date

RFE Reply(s) :

夏の夜

思い出すのは

君のキス

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Thanks for the quick reply!

I figured that was probably the case.

Well I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed the documentation I did provide is enough- and rest assured knowing I have additional information to provide if requested.

I sent in a supplement a month after the initial filing.. they signed for it, but I have no idea what happened to it neither do they. I have heard of 1 april filer that actually got a letter letting him know they got his supplemental pkt. The question is; is it worth the time and $ and effort to send the supplement knowing it may get lost and end up with an RFE anyway.. In my case.. hell yeah it was worth the risk... anything I can do to try to get the process along with less delay I am willing to try... I have extra copies of what I sent in case they ask for it next week... (expecting word from them either way in a week or so RFE or NOA2)

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

@Scott

That's a good point! There's not much harm done in sending it other than the few bucks and hour of my time it will take to send it. If it doesn't get attached, oh well.

Did you attach a cover letter or something explaining what the reason was that you were sending a supplement? And I'm assuming you wrote your control number on the envelope and the new documents?

Event Date

RFE Reply(s) :

夏の夜

思い出すのは

君のキス

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi-

I sent in my 1-129F packet in early August this year. I realized recently after going through the photocopies of the documents I sent that I forgot to include one page in my packet (even though I thought I checked about 20x! LOL).

It's not any of the official documents- but a summary page that I made explaining each piece of supplemental evidence that I included. (I-129F question 18 supplement.) I gave a brief description of the four times we met in the past two years. I had a variety of supporting evidence- hotel reciepts, itineraries, boarding passes, etc. I am worried that without the Summary page it will all seem jumbled up. I breifly answered the question on the form itself- but this page goes into much more detail.

Anyways- my question is it possible to send in additional info BEFORE the packet is analyzed/before receiving an RFE?

I would like to send in this summary page. I also found some additional hotel receipts and boarding passes that I did not send the first time. And we didn't include photocopies of every page of her passport- just the pages with entry stamps when she came to visit me in America.

Thanks!

-J

I do not think you will get an RFE for this. It is not required. You do not need to submit ALL pages of the benficiareis passport. That is only for the petitioner IF you are using the passport as proof of citizenship. It is generally not a good idea to send things without an RFE and return envelpe.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi-

Thanks!

-J

Do not send anything more! If they want something more from you, they will send an RFE. Otherwise, your additional documents will either be lost or just cause confusion. So just wait. They will tell you what to do next.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Timeline

Everyone- thank you for your input.

I guess I will just wait and see if they request anything of me.

It's amazing how many times you can go over and over something and still make a mistake. I think my mistake was I had everything set- and then I made a copy of my complete packet. Somehow when I was shuffling papers to copy- I put the original in the copy stack. At least it was just this supporting page and not some required form.

Thanks for the info on the passport as well! If you read this forums too much- it's easy to get an idea in your head that you need to do something that might not pertain to your own situation. I just saw references to photocopying every page mentioned here and there.

Event Date

RFE Reply(s) :

夏の夜

思い出すのは

君のキス

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
@Scott

That's a good point! There's not much harm done in sending it other than the few bucks and hour of my time it will take to send it. If it doesn't get attached, oh well.

Did you attach a cover letter or something explaining what the reason was that you were sending a supplement? And I'm assuming you wrote your control number on the envelope and the new documents?

I did a cover letter that listed what was enclosed and why it was enclosed... I also made sure that I included my EAC# in the cover letter so they knew which file it was. Still waiting to see what happens...

if its just a summary page missing.. I would not worry about that.. wait for the NOA2... :thumbs:

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You could resubmit a NEW petition, with all of your stuff, with a cover letter asking to cancel the first petition.

I can only imagine more paperwork snarls after you do this, though..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.