Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Goodmorning everyone, Kayla I'm praying you get some good news today or better yet a package!

Maggie I saw on facebook that you're on your way, safe travels and hurry up to get to Kenyth's waiting arms ;-)

Karen how's it going with your honey's english classes? Hope he's adjusting well.

Jenn, wait he's here now and you guys are married so JennFuat I hope you have a blessed week and that Fuat's adjusting is going smooth.

As for myself, I was sick all weekend but the best part of it is that today is monday and I'm calling the doctor's office to get my results, I literally can't wait!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Morning everyone!

I am sending everyone massive good vibes - Maggie for a safe arrival to your final destination (beaufort SC?), Kayla for the visa, and Krystle for the test results!!

Jenn - WE LOVE YOU. i'll be replying to your email in a little bit.

Things are wonderful with me and my honey. We spent the weekend in Austin so my parents could meet him - it went really well, everyone got along great and he feels like a part of my family now. :) He was able to communicate with them much better than i expected! my sweetie is awesome. :) We've had some bumpy patches but it's all normal couple adjustment stuff. His english classes are going very well, he got moved up to another level and now he feels like he's learning a lot and even wants to put in more studying on his own. it's fantastic and i can't wait to see everything he learns. Today we will hopefully be getting his SSN. Could be a giant pain in the ####### because we have to go in the afternoon after his classes and the wait will likely be crazy long. Oh well! Hopefully we will leave with a number though, and not get the run-around. we shall see...

in non-relationship news, had a traumatic experience with the mice that seem to have nested in my kitchen. :( they seem to have gotten pretty bold (or pretty desperate?) while were away for three days. Yesterday right after dinner, while we were sitting in the next room watching tv, we saw a mouse just calmly meandering on the stovetop! in bright light! with people home and lots of tv noise and talking! i ran out of the room and hid in the bedroom and wouldn't come out until my honey killed the mouse. i know i'm totally ridiculous but i can't handle them and now i have the image of it just wandering on top of my stove stuck in my head and i don't want to go home. :( okay silly girl babbling over. :blush:

hope everyone has a great day!

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Every year mice get in our house. I don't know how and I don't know why, but the mommy comes in and has babies. I've looked for holes that they could slide in through, and nothing.

But they are VERY bold little creatures. One of them actually ran into the middle of my living room while I was sitting on the couch and just LOOKED AT ME. I even tried to scare it away and it still just sat right there and didn't move a muscle.

I hate mice. And I hate spiders. And I hate pollen. :(

Jenn, we love you.

Krystle I hope you get good news today!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It was defintely a shock and disappointment to hear that I'm NOT pregnant, I really thought I was, haven't had my cycle since feb 21st. So don't know what the heck is going on. Made an appt to see her again 2mrw so lets see what happens. The assistant wasn't did me a favor to tell me over the phone and now I'm thinking if she read it correct because I'm in total disbelief. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

Maybe she read it wrong. Don't get stressed out already. Just wait until tomorrow and see what you find out.

I think the congressmans aide is done helping Mathew and I. She was a little hateful this morning when I called to ask if she had heard anything.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I hope she read it wrong because if not then something is wrong...

So if she's done helping you then what next? Our luck ran out lastweek :-(

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

No no no! The luck jar is re-filling, like you told me Krystle!!!! Although it's not a whole lot, my fiance got a call from his boss this morning! 4-8 Mon-Thurs starting on Wednesday! HE'S WORKING AGAIN! I'm pushing allllll my inflated optimism at everyone now! Things are starting to look up, and I'm praying SO HARD that they start looking up for everyone else too!!!! I know I haven't been posting from the very beginning (well, I technically have, but then I migrated to the Sept 09 CSC thread, and then came back) but I do care about you all, and I wish only the best for you. You've all listened to me rant in my short time returning to this thread, and I'm here if anyone needs an ear!!

PLEASE try and have a good day everyone!!!

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

YES!! one good thing down.. one more to go Kayla.. I hope the embassy gets back to you!!!!

I'm heading out tomorrow or monday and doing the drive down to SC with my dad. I'll keep you guys posted. I still got a lot to do.. bleh. Hope my cats don't hate me too much after this trip .. and then they have to stay with a pet nanny for 5 days until we get our house.. oy. lol

I hope Maggie that you and your cats ( I don't know how many of them :luv: ) came home safely. (F)

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I need to check the forum every day cause Ive been away for a couple of days and I find it hard to catch up with all the news.

Well, I hope everyone is good around here.

Krystle, I hope you have good news tomorrow.

BTW, I am scared of mice too. Mice and wasps and crickets... I've been having a couple of bad experiences since I got here. The house where we lived in belonged to his granny who is pretty old so the house wasnt exactly in the best shape. She just moved out before we got in here so my fiance didnt have time to clean all the house. So I spent my first days cleaning ###### and rat or mice poop and I still cant get rid of all the odours. It's not fun....

Then, a few weeks later I discovered termites. I didnt even know what they were cause I never seen any.... So... Im having a great time :)

Well, and I just realized today that Im really dumb.. I thought we could apply for AOS after the 90 days... I guess I didnt pay attention... So... no more wedding dreams, no more nothing... just getting married and hopefully we'll get the money for the papers in time... If not... who knows... i might even get deported.

map.jpg

NOA1 - 09/18/2009

Touched - 10/22/2009

NOA2 - 10/22/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 10/30/2009

NVC letter received - 10/31/2009

Received package 3 - 11/06/2009

Sent the papers required in package 3 to the embassy - 12/04/2009

My fiance arrived in Romania - 01/31/2010

Medical - 02/01/2010

Interview - 02/02/2010 - Visa approved!!!!

Entered USA (POE: Atlanta) - 02/15/2010

Marriage - 05/08/2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Well, and I just realized today that Im really dumb.. I thought we could apply for AOS after the 90 days... I guess I didnt pay attention... So... no more wedding dreams, no more nothing... just getting married and hopefully we'll get the money for the papers in time... If not... who knows... i might even get deported.

You CAN adjust status after the 90 days! The visa only says you need to be MARRIED within 90 days. Don't worry about it - just do the AOS as soon as you can after the wedding :)

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Morning everyone!

I am sending everyone massive good vibes - Maggie for a safe arrival to your final destination (beaufort SC?), Kayla for the visa, and Krystle for the test results!!

Jenn - WE LOVE YOU. i'll be replying to your email in a little bit.

Things are wonderful with me and my honey. We spent the weekend in Austin so my parents could meet him - it went really well, everyone got along great and he feels like a part of my family now. He was able to communicate with them much better than i expected! my sweetie is awesome. We've had some bumpy patches but it's all normal couple adjustment stuff. His english classes are going very well, he got moved up to another level and now he feels like he's learning a lot and even wants to put in more studying on his own. it's fantastic and i can't wait to see everything he learns. Today we will hopefully be getting his SSN. Could be a giant pain in the ####### because we have to go in the afternoon after his classes and the wait will likely be crazy long. Oh well! Hopefully we will leave with a number though, and not get the run-around. we shall see...

in non-relationship news, had a traumatic experience with the mice that seem to have nested in my kitchen. they seem to have gotten pretty bold (or pretty desperate?) while were away for three days. Yesterday right after dinner, while we were sitting in the next room watching tv, we saw a mouse just calmly meandering on the stovetop! in bright light! with people home and lots of tv noise and talking! i ran out of the room and hid in the bedroom and wouldn't come out until my honey killed the mouse. i know i'm totally ridiculous but i can't handle them and now i have the image of it just wandering on top of my stove stuck in my head and i don't want to go home. okay silly girl babbling over.

hope everyone has a great day!

Glad everything is going well for you. I hope your trip for the SSN turns out like ours smooth, quick, and easy. She got her number the next day and the card within a week.

Every year mice get in our house. I don't know how and I don't know why, but the mommy comes in and has babies. I've looked for holes that they could slide in through, and nothing.

But they are VERY bold little creatures. One of them actually ran into the middle of my living room while I was sitting on the couch and just LOOKED AT ME. I even tried to scare it away and it still just sat right there and didn't move a muscle.

I hate mice. And I hate spiders. And I hate pollen. sad.gif

Jenn, we love you.

Krystle I hope you get good news today!

Kayla, you do have some brave critters where you live. Are your possum gone now?

It was defintely a shock and disappointment to hear that I'm NOT pregnant, I really thought I was, haven't had my cycle since feb 21st. So don't know what the heck is going on. Made an appt to see her again 2mrw so lets see what happens. The assistant wasn't did me a favor to tell me over the phone and now I'm thinking if she read it correct because I'm in total disbelief. crying.gif

Kjenkins, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope they are wrong too!

No no no! The luck jar is re-filling, like you told me Krystle!!!! Although it's not a whole lot, my fiance got a call from his boss this morning! 4-8 Mon-Thurs starting on Wednesday! HE'S WORKING AGAIN! I'm pushing allllll my inflated optimism at everyone now! Things are starting to look up, and I'm praying SO HARD that they start looking up for everyone else too!!!! I know I haven't been posting from the very beginning (well, I technically have, but then I migrated to the Sept 09 CSC thread, and then came back) but I do care about you all, and I wish only the best for you. You've all listened to me rant in my short time returning to this thread, and I'm here if anyone needs an ear!!

Nothing wrong with inflated optimism, it has gotten me through some unreal days over the years. good.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn, still thinking of you, XOXOXOX to you and Faut!!!

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

----------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

Mice are cute, sort of, from a dstance, at the pet store...maybe... but up close in our house, they have to go!

We had a couple of mice but we have a big outdoor cat population... so...no mice alive, just the occasional dead tribute layed at the side doorstep by feline friends. :dead:

Update for Volcano travel nightmare. After a few days just hanging around in hell with getting flights cancelled, rebooked, and cancelled again, we are now rebooked for next thursday ( God willing ) .....and David will just fly to get his family and turnaround and comeback with his family.

So...all's well that ends's well...so far....we will tell that big 'ole meany volcano to just behave himself!!! LOL

Mice are cute, sort of, from a dstance, at the pet store...maybe... but up close in our house, they have to go!

We had a couple of mice but we have a big outdoor cat population... so...no mice alive, just the occasional dead tribute layed at the side doorstep by feline friends. :dead:

Update for Volcano travel nightmare. After a few days just hanging around in hell with getting flights cancelled, rebooked, and cancelled again, we are now rebooked for next thursday ( God willing ) .....and David will just fly to get his family and turnaround and comeback with his family.

So...all's well that ends's well...so far....we will tell that big 'ole meany volcano to just behave himself!!! LOL

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Timeline

Nice to hear that your honeyu is working :star:

I need to check the forum every day cause Ive been away for a couple of days and I find it hard to catch up with all the news.

Well, I hope everyone is good around here.

Krystle, I hope you have good news tomorrow.

BTW, I am scared of mice too. Mice and wasps and crickets... I've been having a couple of bad experiences since I got here. The house where we lived in belonged to his granny who is pretty old so the house wasnt exactly in the best shape. She just moved out before we got in here so my fiance didnt have time to clean all the house. So I spent my first days cleaning ###### and rat or mice poop and I still cant get rid of all the odours. It's not fun....

Then, a few weeks later I discovered termites. I didnt even know what they were cause I never seen any.... So... Im having a great time :)

You CAN apply for aos after 90 days, you just have to be married within 90 days...

Glad everything is going well for you. I hope your trip for the SSN turns out like ours smooth, quick, and easy. She got her number the next day and the card within a week.

Thanks, we'll know what happens or what's next tomorrow...

I hope everything will be ok by then :thumbs:

Kayla I'm stillexpecting you to post goodd news!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

just a quick note that i am here and it went well..post more later!! im so tired...

hope everyone is well

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kayla, you do have some brave critters where you live. Are your possum gone now?

Nothing wrong with inflated optimism, it has gotten me through some unreal days over the years. good.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jenn, still thinking of you, XOXOXOX to you and Faut!!!

Hello everyone! Im not sure where to post this question but i just wanted to know how did u apply for the ss#? Before we got married, my husband tried to apply for ss# but they told him that he needs to get an EAD first because it was a fiance visa. Im hoping that someone could answer my question. Im really worried. We filed the EAD application but still for it. It's almost a month now.

Timeline

Well here's the good news!!!

He called the consulate and did the same thing that the person Maggie posted about did, and he got his tracking number. The lady he spoke to was really nice and recognized his name because when they were processing the visas she said she thought "Finally! A name I can understand!" lol. But apparently he forgot to write the apartment number down on the envelope so they returned it to the consulate and it has been there since April 9th.

So now he has to call back today and see if he can go pick it up or if he needs to bring them a new envelope. If he's going to be down there already I don't see why he couldn't just pick it up.

But it looks like the wedding and everything are back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.