Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

oh so many posts to catch up on! where to start?

kayla kayla kayla...i am SO happy that your mom is okay and out of the hospital! You had all of us so worried about you when you didn't come around. :) I am so sorry to hear of all the complications from the initial gastric bypass. And I know how stressful it can be when an immediate family member is sick - it's damn scary to go through. so please know that every day we are all sending you big hugs and good vibes.

AandD - we are all still rooting for you!! can't wait till you get your good news.

Gaynto - good luck to you guys!!! I can't wait to hear how everything goes tomorrow.

For everyone who gets to be with their honeys this holiday season - yippee!! enjoy every second and i am so happy for you. For those of us who will not - hang in there and know that we are all here to support each other. i know that for me at least holidays are an especially hard time to be so far from the one you love.

And now a little update from me - we finally got Jose Luis' vacation schedule squared away and yesterday I called to make the visa appointment. They don't have our requested week available yet, it should open up for appointments next tuesday. So i'll be on that phone bright and early and hopefully will get something for the 13th or 14th of January. And I am happy because now I finally know when I will see my love again - I'll be headed down there on Jan. 9 - exactly one month from today. wish it were much sooner - but still, yippeee!!

hope everyone has a great day. :)

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
AandD:I'm on countdown as well, going to Jamaica dec. 22 and this will be our 2nd christmas as a couple but the 1st time spending christmas & new years together, I can barely contain myself.

YEAAAA! And I leave for Italy the 23rd, arriving early Christmas Eve! I can't wait.

Not sure how other consulates handled this but Antonio went to the medical today and when you come in, you turn in your passport. Well, he was the first to arrive and when they call names they pull from the top so he was called last :( Grumpy Italian this morning.

Same thing happened to Fuat yesterday :)

I just looked at your time line again and your interview is TOMORROW!!! Can't wait to read good news.

I know I am so excited! Hope things went swimmingly with Fuat's medical other than the back @ssward way they call people in! It's hysterical that Antonio is NOOOOT a morning person, but he took one for the team and got there at 7am just to sit around for 5 hours. Poor baby!

He's on his way, to pick up the results, as I type this. I am sure there will be no problems.. but he is so worried because he says he's never had a physical before. That's why he insisted on doing it right now, even though we have two months before our interview.

I keep telling him that he would have had a medical check up when he did his military service, but he says he didn't.. they just gave him vaccinations. He has no record of them though, so they gave them to him again yesterday. His arm was so sore, but being the only son in a Turkish family he is very spoiled. His mother and his sisters were giving him a massage last night because his arm was sore . Poor Baby :)

You poor girl.. and for the record, Italian sons are the same way! We will have our hands full when they get here. I am not looking forward to flu season! : )

Italian sons are the same way ? :) Yes.. we have our hands full. There was one night, last year, we were talking on MSN web cam and his sister was behind him, ironing his clothes for the next day.. it was after midnight and I could not believe he would be telling ( not asking) his sister to iron his clothes. She was making hand signals to me that one day I would be the one doing it.. and I firmly said, "Maybe sometimes.. but I am going to be more than happy to teach him how to do laundry and iron." :) She thought that was hilarious.

He was sweet, and tried to iron his own shirt the next day. But, he had this bright idea that it would be easier to spread it out on the floor instead of using the ironing board. Ended up burning the carpet :):)

I am well prepared for what I am going to have to go through with this situation. I have about 60 university students, from Turkey, that come to work with me every summer.. I get such a kick out of watching the guys trying to do their own laundry for the first time. They take pictures to send home to their mothers and the Turkish girls stand in the hallway, watching them and laughing. Some of them can actually cook.. but most bat thier eyes at the Turkish girls and get them to do it for them.

We've made a deal.. He's going to teach me to cook Turkish food ( although I am going to take a class also).. and I am going to teach him to wash and iron his own clothes :)

Now, I just have to get myself used to keeping a clean house to Turkish standards or he's going to have to get used to living in a house where the wife isn't home all day and the entire house isn't going to be scrubbed top to bottome every day :)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Timeline
And now a little update from me - we finally got Jose Luis' vacation schedule squared away and yesterday I called to make the visa appointment. They don't have our requested week available yet, it should open up for appointments next tuesday. So i'll be on that phone bright and early and hopefully will get something for the 13th or 14th of January. And I am happy because now I finally know when I will see my love again - I'll be headed down there on Jan. 9 - exactly one month from today. wish it were much sooner - but still, yippeee!!

hope everyone has a great day. :)

GREAT! Oh.. I am so glad it looks like it's going to work out and you are not going to have to wait months and months.

Ahem... Kjenkins.. I would like to point out something here ( I am not rubbing it in.. really... promise.. I swear...just in good fun :) ). If you recall, she didn't get her NOA2 until at least a month after me.. and her interview is going to be more than a month before mine :)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
AandD:I'm on countdown as well, going to Jamaica dec. 22 and this will be our 2nd christmas as a couple but the 1st time spending christmas & new years together, I can barely contain myself.

YEAAAA! And I leave for Italy the 23rd, arriving early Christmas Eve! I can't wait.

Not sure how other consulates handled this but Antonio went to the medical today and when you come in, you turn in your passport. Well, he was the first to arrive and when they call names they pull from the top so he was called last :( Grumpy Italian this morning.

Same thing happened to Fuat yesterday :)

I just looked at your time line again and your interview is TOMORROW!!! Can't wait to read good news.

I know I am so excited! Hope things went swimmingly with Fuat's medical other than the back @ssward way they call people in! It's hysterical that Antonio is NOOOOT a morning person, but he took one for the team and got there at 7am just to sit around for 5 hours. Poor baby!

He's on his way, to pick up the results, as I type this. I am sure there will be no problems.. but he is so worried because he says he's never had a physical before. That's why he insisted on doing it right now, even though we have two months before our interview.

I keep telling him that he would have had a medical check up when he did his military service, but he says he didn't.. they just gave him vaccinations. He has no record of them though, so they gave them to him again yesterday. His arm was so sore, but being the only son in a Turkish family he is very spoiled. His mother and his sisters were giving him a massage last night because his arm was sore . Poor Baby :)

You poor girl.. and for the record, Italian sons are the same way! We will have our hands full when they get here. I am not looking forward to flu season! : )

Italian sons are the same way ? :) Yes.. we have our hands full. There was one night, last year, we were talking on MSN web cam and his sister was behind him, ironing his clothes for the next day.. it was after midnight and I could not believe he would be telling ( not asking) his sister to iron his clothes. She was making hand signals to me that one day I would be the one doing it.. and I firmly said, "Maybe sometimes.. but I am going to be more than happy to teach him how to do laundry and iron." :) She thought that was hilarious.

He was sweet, and tried to iron his own shirt the next day. But, he had this bright idea that it would be easier to spread it out on the floor instead of using the ironing board. Ended up burning the carpet :):)

I am well prepared for what I am going to have to go through with this situation. I have about 60 university students, from Turkey, that come to work with me every summer.. I get such a kick out of watching the guys trying to do their own laundry for the first time. They take pictures to send home to their mothers and the Turkish girls stand in the hallway, watching them and laughing. Some of them can actually cook.. but most bat thier eyes at the Turkish girls and get them to do it for them.

We've made a deal.. He's going to teach me to cook Turkish food ( although I am going to take a class also).. and I am going to teach him to wash and iron his own clothes :)

Now, I just have to get myself used to keeping a clean house to Turkish standards or he's going to have to get used to living in a house where the wife isn't home all day and the entire house isn't going to be scrubbed top to bottome every day :)

Antonio always tells me when I am talking to his mother than I am always scheming a feminist plot. His mother is very forward thinking for an Italian mother, but her actions haven't caught up, at least where her baby is concerned. But he does cook and help around MY house when he comes to the US. And the housekeeping thing... OMG! His mom is coming in March, I could eat off her floors. I tend to be a good housekeeper but the bar they set is pretty damn high! You think she will freak that my cat jumps on the counter to see what you are doing in the kitchen??.. I am desperatly trying to break him of this habit before she gets here!! Any cat whisperers in here?.. this is my first time with a cat.. I am generally a dog person... I can train a dog, but this freaking cat owns me instead of the other way around..

Edited by Gaynto

09/25/2009 I-129F sent

09/28/2009 Received VSC

09/29/2009 NOA1

10/02/2009 Touched

10/06/2009 Touched again :)

10/07/2009 TOUCHED!!

11/04/2009 NOA2

11/10/2009 NVC Received

11/10/2009 NVC Sent to Napoli

11/12/2009 Napoli signed for the package

11/19/2009 Packet 3 received... and submitted

12/10/2009 INTERVIEW Napoli, Italy

12/10/2009 APPROVED!

12/23/2009 Trip to Italy for Christmas!

01/24/2010 POE Washington Dulles.. My baby's home!

03/20/2010 Wedding Day!

Antonio always tells me when I am talking to his mother than I am always scheming a feminist plot. His mother is very forward thinking for an Italian mother, but her actions haven't caught up, at least where her baby is concerned. But he does cook and help around MY house when he comes to the US. And the housekeeping thing... OMG! His mom is coming in March, I could eat off her floors. I tend to be a good housekeeper but the bar they set is pretty damn high! You think she will freak that my cat jumps on the counter to see what you are doing in the kitchen??.. I am desperatly trying to break him of this habit before she gets here!! Any cat whisperers in here?.. this is my first time with a cat.. I am generally a dog person... I can train a dog, but this freaking cat owns me instead of the other way around..

I have 3 cats...they are the masters...what to say. :luv:

Edited by AandD

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I was reading the last posts and started smiling. I was also thinking about the Turkish topic, which proved to be very interesting and useful. There are so many differences between USA lifestyle and other countries', even if they might be minor things, tiny lil details. I read something about one Turkish man worried that he might catch a cold from the AC or if he goes to bed without drying his hair :) I got the same problems. Im not a very good friend with the AC, and we dont use it that much in my country. I never go to bed without drying my hair and the list can go on. As for housecleaning, I know Italian families care a lot about it. There are so many different things and I think it takes a lot of time and patience to adjust to each other's lifestyle. And, of course, alot of compromising.

map.jpg

NOA1 - 09/18/2009

Touched - 10/22/2009

NOA2 - 10/22/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 10/30/2009

NVC letter received - 10/31/2009

Received package 3 - 11/06/2009

Sent the papers required in package 3 to the embassy - 12/04/2009

My fiance arrived in Romania - 01/31/2010

Medical - 02/01/2010

Interview - 02/02/2010 - Visa approved!!!!

Entered USA (POE: Atlanta) - 02/15/2010

Marriage - 05/08/2010

Timeline
I was reading the last posts and started smiling. I was also thinking about the Turkish topic, which proved to be very interesting and useful. There are so many differences between USA lifestyle and other countries', even if they might be minor things, tiny lil details. I read something about one Turkish man worried that he might catch a cold from the AC or if he goes to bed without drying his hair :) I got the same problems. Im not a very good friend with the AC, and we dont use it that much in my country. I never go to bed without drying my hair and the list can go on. As for housecleaning, I know Italian families care a lot about it. There are so many different things and I think it takes a lot of time and patience to adjust to each other's lifestyle. And, of course, alot of compromising.

Antonio has the AC thing going too. Are you terrified of ice and very cold drinks too... Last summer when I was at Antonio's aunt's house in Italy, Antonio's mother fell down and after we checked her over and made sure she was ok, I fixed her a glass of water. The only bottle of water was in the freezer, so it would be ice the next morning for the cooler.. When I handed her the glass of water, all the cousins and family..."Oh My God NO IT'S COLD, it will ruin her stomach".

You don't know the real flavor of a Coke until you have had it at room temperature. BLAH!! And if you order something WITH ice, they will drop a piece the size of dime in your drink.

09/25/2009 I-129F sent

09/28/2009 Received VSC

09/29/2009 NOA1

10/02/2009 Touched

10/07/2009 TOUCHED!!

11/04/2009 NOA2

11/10/2009 NVC Received

12/10/2009 APPROVED!

03/20/2010 Wedding Day!

Timeline

Hahaha, this is really funny! And I thought I was a freak cause I dont drink cold drinks :)))) Good to hear Im not the only one. Just the other day I was a lil shocked to see that my baby is having a glass of coke with so much ice in it, even if its winter. Well, the thing is my throat is pretty sensitive and I can catch a cold very easy if i drink cold drinks. Im used to drinking everything at room temperature, even Coke :lol: I do drink cold drinks in summer, I even put ice in them :) but thats just in summer and even then I gotta be really cautious....

map.jpg

NOA1 - 09/18/2009

Touched - 10/22/2009

NOA2 - 10/22/2009

Medical - 02/01/2010

Marriage - 05/08/2010

Timeline

I have 3 cats...they are the masters...what to say. :luv:

That's what I was afraid of!!

ahhh I miss the days he was too little to get up on things!

09/25/2009 I-129F sent

09/28/2009 Received VSC

09/29/2009 NOA1

10/02/2009 Touched

10/07/2009 TOUCHED!!

11/04/2009 NOA2

11/10/2009 NVC Received

12/10/2009 APPROVED!

03/20/2010 Wedding Day!

Timeline

Looks like a lot of posts to read.. and they look like they are going to be funny too.. I am sure I will have some stories to share but right now I am doing something CRAZY.

I was supposed to leave for Istanbul on Friday. Fuat got his medical results, called me, told me he passed and said "honey.. can't you come today?"

I just changed my flight and am leaving for the airport in ONE HOUR.

AHHHHHH.... I will have to wait until I get to Turkey to read all the fun stuff.

I'm off.... YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline
Looks like a lot of posts to read.. and they look like they are going to be funny too.. I am sure I will have some stories to share but right now I am doing something CRAZY.

I was supposed to leave for Istanbul on Friday. Fuat got his medical results, called me, told me he passed and said "honey.. can't you come today?"

AHHHHHH.... I will have to wait until I get to Turkey to read all the fun stuff.

HOT DAMN! Have Fun! Enjoying your "ironing" !! : )))

09/25/2009 I-129F sent

09/28/2009 Received VSC

09/29/2009 NOA1

10/02/2009 Touched

10/07/2009 TOUCHED!!

11/04/2009 NOA2

11/10/2009 NVC Received

12/10/2009 APPROVED!

03/20/2010 Wedding Day!

HOT DAMN! Have Fun! Enjoying your "ironing" !! : )))

cute hahah

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Timeline

WOW Jenn, you beat all the crazy stories with yours :) Have fun and take lots of photos!

map.jpg

NOA1 - 09/18/2009

Touched - 10/22/2009

NOA2 - 10/22/2009

Medical - 02/01/2010

Marriage - 05/08/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Woo hoo! I got everything straightened out with the consulate. We have our interview 1/14/2010!!! The end of the year can't come quick enough.

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-26

Visa Received : 2010-02-04

US Entry - Dallas : 2010-02-26

Marriage : 2010-03-27

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Dallas TX

Date Filed : 2010-04-13

NOA Date : 2010-04-24

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** : 2010-05-13

Bio. Appt. : 2010-06-07

***AOS TOUCHED*** 2010-06-18

***AOS TOUCHED*** 2010-06-22

***AOS TOUCHED*** 2010-06-23

******EAD and AP approved and sent for production 2010-06-28******

AP Received 2010-07-05

EAD Received 2010-07-10

GC Received 2010-07-10

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I called DOS today after getting delivery confirmation that our Packet 3 had been received yesterday. Well, Montreal has ALREADY logged it so he's just waiting for an interview!!!!! I had heard a lot of people saying on the canadian forums that sometimes the consulate wont log received packages for like a week or so. This is the best news I could have gotten right now.

yayyyyy! :dance::dance:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.