kballtex

NVC September - 2009 Edition

2,912 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Hey Spec. Glad you got it done!!!!!!

Thanks Paris! :) You were a HUGE help; I can't thank you enough. Now I'm just waiting for them to get my freaking case number so I can send them these mounds of paperwork!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ok thanks

Were you able to figure out the answer to the attachment question? That is the ONLY thing still holding me from going ahead with this option.

Maybe someone here will know: Since electronic processing requires all docs to be sent via email and most emails have a limit on the size of attachments that can be sent, are you allowed to zip the documents? Also hypothetically speaking, if the size after zipping is still too large, can you send them 2 emails as Part 1 and Part 2 for instance?

Most free services allow up to 10mb of attachment size now. PDF's are generally just a few KB for each page.

That is true....Thank You! I am being unnecessarily worried about little things.

You're welcome. :) It's okay - it happens.

Spec, I should have amended my post: the signed DS3032 is only 100% needed for electronic processing with Montreal or Ghangzhou consulates.

The rest of us who didn't/can't do electronic processing: Just use the VJ template, no attachment necessary.

Just so I make sure my feeble Persian brain is grasping this:

I do NOT need to scan and attach a signed DS-3032 to my Choice of Agent e-mail? And I can send that e-mail in AS SOON AS the NVC has our e-mail addresses and birthdates in their systems? I currently have a filled-out DS-3032 that my wife signed during our honeymoon (roughly four weeks ago): according to the wiki, I should ALSO send in that form (but with a barcode pasted onto the form) for faster processing. Is this still true?

Sorry to ask so many questions that are answered in the wiki, but it seemed to me like the requirements of the NVC were changing, and so I had planned on doing things differently once my case got to them. (Which it still hasn't, as of when I called 5 minutes ago... :( ) Since I know you recently went through this absurdly complicated process yourself, I want to double-check everything with you. :)

Correct, you do not need to scan and attach a DS3032. You can just email the template as soon as NVC generates it - never send anything before generated. I didn't send in any form of the DS3032 except in email - it was processed and accepted in 6 days.

PM me any time you want, Spec. I'm usually around quite often.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

on CR1 do they need the finger print and the birthcertificate ,, and all other is this requirement i am about to ask my husband to send me

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

hi everyone what is ds230 i know Ds 3032 ( choice of agent ) can any of you who have finished at least on AOS paid and got the packet send like paris and christeen could you tell us the process in seq ( hope am not asking to much) please let us know ,, by the way which one is the 864 form i need to do am having to do the co sponsor ,,,,,i am gonna right it down as soon us you guys respond to this ,,, i need to start preparing my AOS papers and all other thanks

This is what I did step per step at NVC:

Got the case number, 2 days later we got he DS-3032 form, hubby signed it and also did a coversheet appointing me as his agent.

He emailed it.

Then we logged into NVC with our case number and the IID number NVC gave us, its on the paperwork they sent us.

I paid the AOS bill, waited for it to show PAID, then printed out the cover sheet showing paid.

I took cover sheet, and a cover sheet i did, and the I-864EZ form along with almost a years of pay stubs, and 3 years of tax transcripts, and along with hubbys original DS-3032 and his cover sheet, and a employment letter, I UPS to NVC. This part was complete within a few days with NVC.

Then a few days later the IV bill was available to pay, I paid it, waited a day then it showed paid, I printed the Paid cover sheet, I then took the DS-230 form Part 1 signed by hubby, and the unsigned part 2 along with his PCC from Algeria this was translated, and his PCC from France, his birth cert. in French, and a copy of his Exemption from Military service card our marriage certificate, also a copy of his biographical page of his passport.All went to NVC via UPS .

Now all docs and forms not in English or French were professional translated. Remember docs most be in translated into English if they are not OR in the language of the country where your love one will interview at.

I pray I did not forget anything, its all from memory,and right now i have a massive migraine, Im calling it a night.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

hi everyone what is ds230 i know Ds 3032 ( choice of agent ) can any of you who have finished at least on AOS paid and got the packet send like paris and christeen could you tell us the process in seq ( hope am not asking to much) please let us know ,, by the way which one is the 864 form i need to do am having to do the co sponsor ,,,,,i am gonna right it down as soon us you guys respond to this ,,, i need to start preparing my AOS papers and all other thanks

This is what I did step per step at NVC:

Got the case number, 2 days later we got he DS-3032 form, hubby signed it and also did a coversheet appointing me as his agent.

He emailed it.

Then we logged into NVC with our case number and the IID number NVC gave us, its on the paperwork they sent us.

I paid the AOS bill, waited for it to show PAID, then printed out the cover sheet showing paid.

I took cover sheet, and a cover sheet i did, and the I-864EZ form along with almost a years of pay stubs, and 3 years of tax transcripts, and along with hubbys original DS-3032 and his cover sheet, and a employment letter, I UPS to NVC. This part was complete within a few days with NVC.

Then a few days later the IV bill was available to pay, I paid it, waited a day then it showed paid, I printed the Paid cover sheet, I then took the DS-230 form Part 1 signed by hubby, and the unsigned part 2 along with his PCC from Algeria this was translated, and his PCC from France, his birth cert. in French, and a copy of his Exemption from Military service card our marriage certificate, also a copy of his biographical page of his passport.All went to NVC via UPS .

Now all docs and forms not in English or French were professional translated. Remember docs most be in translated into English if they are not OR in the language of the country where your love one will interview at.

I pray I did not forget anything, its all from memory,and right now i have a massive migraine, Im calling it a night.

Use the VJ cover sheet for the I-864 packet and the DS-230 packet, and write your case number on every single form, page you send them. NOW Im turning off lap top!!! Good night kiddies!!!! Hugs to all(((((((((())))))))

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

So a quick rundown with links...

#1 recieve NVC number

#2 Call and give e-mail addresses

#3 In about 5-8 days you will receive 2 e-mails (first is the 3032 to be filled out by intending immigrant and the second is the request for $70)

#4 Email the 3032 AND send a hard copy (follow instructions above) or http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...#39;s_Shortcuts

#5 go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov and pay the AOS fee ($70), use the IIN # on the e-mail they sent you

#6 Keep checking the website till it shows PAID

#7 Print the cover page and mail the 864 or 864EZ allong with your financial documents AND the 864A with supporting documents for your co-sponsor (follow instructions above and in the guides)... PS. if you have not ordered your tax transcripts, call 800-829-1040 or http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

#8 Mail 864 and 864 A (make copies and remember to write case # on every page)

#9 Wait for 3032 to be accepted (keep checing the www.immigrantvisas.state.gov) and the IV bill to be generated

#10 Once you see the bill is generated, pay it online

#11 Wait for it to be accepted, print cover sheet

#12 Mail the DS-230 package with all documents (see website/shortcuts) Again make copies and put nvc # on everything

#13 Wait again and keep checking the payment website until the moment that you get a login failure (YAY) then your case at NVC is complete and forwarded to the Embassy..

Hope that helps with the sequence of things... Be sure to check with the NVC flowchart... http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

Best of Luck with everything.....

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who recently got their case numbes!

Got the email for my AOS bill and ds 3032- going to send it off today. Still waiting on my sponser to finish collecting his documents- we just realized his accountant didnt file his 08 tax returns either (weird, since I found out when I was ordering my tax transcripts that mine were not eitther)....so now I am on holld before I can send in the I-864 pacakge...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

At Last!!! I can join you!!! Not sure if I will start in September since I hear it takes about 2 weeks to get from USCIS to NVC, but at least I can learn and get a head start for October :dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
At Last!!! I can join you!!! Not sure if I will start in September since I hear it takes about 2 weeks to get from USCIS to NVC, but at least I can learn and get a head start for October :dance:

Congratulations Kaushalia!

Yes it took me two weeks to get my case number. I just got it yesterday. But I am glad you got your approval!

Wedding: 2008-12-15 in Lahore Pakistan

NOA2 (approval) 2009-08-31 (after waiting 3 months)

NVC Case # Assigned 2009-09-14

AOS package sent: 2010-03-22(after 6 months of AOS bill paid)

Login Failure: 2010-04-05 at 10:50 pm YAY!!!!!!!!

Case Complete @NVC (per AVR): 2010-04-06 at 3:00 am

Medical in Lahore: 2010-05-05, got the reports back on 2010-05-07

Interview Day: 2010-05-20 APPROVED! NO AP! <<True Miracle>>

Received Passport with Visa Stamp: 2010-05-22

POE: Houston, Texas on 2010-06-07, home by 11pm!>>>Cleared and finally home!

Received SSN: 2010-06-16

Greencard Received: 2010-07-15

Removal of Conditions:

NOA1: 2012-03-21

Biometrics: 2012-05-02

Approval 10 yrs Greencard: 2012-10-04

Greencard Received: 2012-10-??

not get case number yet. i am so unpatient :whistle:

not get case number yet. i am so unpatient :whistle:

I-130 approved after 62 days

NVC journey

09-18-2009 entered in system NVC

09-22-2009 asigned case number

09-24-2009 mailed and e-mailed my 3032

09-29-2009 AOS shown paid

09-26-2009 recived AOS (AVR)

10-05-2009 accepted DS3032

10-05-2009 invoiced IV bill

10-13-2009 recived by email confirmation DS3032 (STRANGE)

10-16-2009 sent DS230

10-19-2009 AVR said some documents are missing and they are incomplete we got RFE false

10-21-2009 recived email for missing documents-checklist

10-19-2009 delivered DS230 by USPS

10-23-2009 AVR recived checklist

10-29-2009 log in fail - case complete confirmed official by OP

11-10-2009 medical exam passed

11-03-2009 papers forwarded to sarajevo embassy

12-09-2009 INTERVIEW SCHEDULED visa approved

14 December POE

29 December got green card

30 December got driving license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

SISTER K, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Doggonit, I'm too late to roll out the red carpet for Miss K! :blink:

<----------- grabs chips & salsa and returns to the mesh lawn chair beside the mailbox. (got Belgian waffle butt from that thing.)

My new plan is to glare at the postman until he brings our remaining documents.

Edited by JustJulie

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
m1741.gif still no case number

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
m1741.gif still no case number

Bunz, are you SURE they're seeing your little b**bie emot? LOL. ....or maybe try sneaking up behind the operator and shrieking like your gif there. Might get their attention.

Edited by JustJulie

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.