Qiix

Trick Questions at medical exam?

13 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone-

Someone who is "helping us" with our case told us that we needed to be briefed before the medical exam because sometimes they ask "trick questions" that can cause a visa denial.

I'm not worried about this but I thought it would make an interesting discussion.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This sounds like a question best asked in the PI regional forum.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I suppose it depends on what you consider "trick questions". For example they do ask about DUIs, but in my case instead of asking whether I had any DUIs, the doctor asked how much I drank... maybe if I had said "a lot", that would have given him an indication of a potential problem.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello Everyone-

Someone who is "helping us" with our case told us that we needed to be briefed before the medical exam because sometimes they ask "trick questions" that can cause a visa denial.

I'm not worried about this but I thought it would make an interesting discussion.

I think maybe a few examples of these 'trick questions' might help a discussion.

I don't see how 'How much do you drink?' or 'Have you had any DUI's?' would be a 'trick'. They seem like straight forward questions to me.

The doctors that perform the exam just work down a list of things that they're asked to do. I can't see how "Try to trick the patient out by being sneaky" would be one of them. To be honest... if they catch you out on one of these trick questions and find out something about you that you were trying to hide, then good luck to them, they're doing a good job! :thumbs:

Edited by D&R

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

There are no "trick questions". There is nothing to be briefed about at all. You need to be honest. The only thing that makes you ineligible is if you have some type of medical condition or mental health issues which make you inadmissible. I suppose you can review what would make you not eligible for a visa, as in what conditions.

carlahmsb4.gif

Hello Everyone-

NO NEED for a briefing, just like in any other medical exam....just understand each question, answer honestly and consistently...whatever answers given to question wil be checked against results anyway.

probably those who need a briefing are those who have little secrets...like having taken illegal drugs in the past and saying never ever took them (see list of causes for inadmissability)

good luck and god bless! :)

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was asked a sum total of 2 questions. Have you ever been arrested for a DUI and do you smoke cigarettes.

That was it. I answered no to the first question and yes i smoke cigarettes but need to quit because I do plan on having kids in a few years.

That was it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, not too many questions at a medical exam that one could be tricked by.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was asked a sum total of 2 questions. Have you ever been arrested for a DUI and do you smoke cigarettes.

That was it. I answered no to the first question and yes i smoke cigarettes but need to quit because I do plan on having kids in a few years.

That was it.

Only thing i can think of is that they ask you have you used drugs.Just understand there talking about illegal drugs.Not MEDICATION GIVEN BY A DOCTOR.

V=FRnt9r64

v=FRt9r64

That was it.

Only thing i can think of is that they ask you have you used drugs.Just understand there talking about illegal drugs.Not MEDICATION GIVEN BY A DOCTOR.

Stay away from any positve answers that associate you with having or are taking drugs. NEVER admit you took or used any illegal drugs even if it was 20 years ago.

ONLY one time or I didn't inhale can get you in deep sh!t!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Yes alcohol and drug misuse can be cause for denial.

I have seen three cases where British men were questioned about their alcohol consumption and as a result of answering honestly, were denied / their cases held up until they could prove they didn't have alcohol dependency issues.

An example....

"How many drinks do you have on a weekend?" One answered very honestly and with frank information..."sometimes when I go out with my friends on a weekend we get drunk and have about ten pints of beer and shots." The doctor asked...."Do you think this kind of alcohol consumption on one night is acceptable?" "He answered...yeah...sure....for a young guy having fun"

I am not quoting word for word...just giving you a gist.

This kind of binge drinking in the UK is not unusual, and many young men who do not have alcohol dependancy issue's drink this much, but the doctor delayed sending medical findings because of this.

Another example. An ex cannabis smoker admitted to previous use. She was issued with a 3 year ban and in order to qualify for a future visa, had to prove rehabilitation had been undertaken. An EX cannabis user.

The rule of thumb is....never lie. But if you choose to elaborate on the question asked ....you may find yourself in trouble.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.