*Maureen*

Thursday!!

67 posts in this topic

Morning MENA...Happy Friday Eve. I am so seriously glad tomorrow is Friday!

We are still grieving over the loss of Raad's grandmother and trying to work through that. At least the huge piles of paper on my desk are keeping me somewhat distracted.

Anyone have any good recipes for konafa or baklava for Ramadan? Any suggestions on things to have on hand for hubby? I am thinking I may attempt to join him in the fast, or at least try in part.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Have you worked with philo dough in the past? It's very difficult since it dries up sooo quickly. I don't know what ethnic stores you have available to you but the Arabic store near us has TONS of konafa and baklava in huge trays during this time of year. I'd save yourself the trouble, especially if you're going to try to fast. Cooking difficult things when you're so hungry you could eat the bark off a tree doesn't make for a happy night. :)

Lol...true. I assisted in making baklava years ago with my mom and I remember it took like 4 of us together to do it. So maybe I will recruit them again! But the one Arabic store near me closed several months ago because the weren't getting enough business. The only other Arabic stores are at least 2 hours away. :(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning mena

:lol: doodle

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Aloha, MENA.

I played hookie from work again today. I have a bad attitude. :devil:

Oh, talked with hubby last night and asked his opinion on Tammy's situation. Tammy if you're reading this I know you asked for the thread to be closed but this is what he said:

him: "This guy is from Alexandria?"

me: "yes"

him: <puts his hand up> let me stop you right there. You have to know this, Bridget, she can never trust him! <fiery eyes look at me>

me: "why the heck not?"

him: "NEVER trust anyone from Alexandria!!!!!! No one in Cairo trusts anyone from Alexandria. We donnot like each other."

It went on but I won't bore you. I thought it was hysterical though. :lol: Reminds me of talking about Red Sox fans vs. Yankee fans. So bottom line, forget everything said in that other thread. The main thing to remember is that he is from Alexandria.

Does anyone else's significant other from Cairo feel like this?

And everybody trusts people from Aswan (seriously), like place of birth or geography plays a part in who can and can't be trusted or something.

I think the whole thing is more like a college football rivalry, actually. Either you're rooting for the home team or you aren't. It's no different.

I may just as The Sultan what he thinks about that whole sitch.....

Filed: Timeline

I just walked with my daughter to take Alexis for her first day of 1st grade :) The kids all looked so cute! There was on kindergarten boy having a meltdown. Oh my he was wailiing and screaming, 'I'm gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeee' I hope the poor lil kid calms down.

I'll post a pic of Lex when I get home from work. Have a good day ya'll

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow....school already? Is it a private school, Jackie?? Seems it's getting earlier and earlier every year. Although, school for Tariq doesn't start until after labor day....late this year.

Amanda, I have a great recipe for both konafa and as we call it in Arabic countries "baklowa." I'll PM you the recipes. I always tease my friend who is Greek over the whole baklava/baklowa thing.

Everyone have a great Thusday!

Amazing-Thursday.png

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Wow....school already? Is it a private school, Jackie?? Seems it's getting earlier and earlier every year. Although, school for Tariq doesn't start until after labor day....late this year.

Amanda, I have a great recipe for both konafa and as we call it in Arabic countries "baklowa." I'll PM you the recipes. I always tease my friend who is Greek over the whole baklava/baklowa thing.

Everyone have a great Thusday!

Amazing-Thursday.png

Awesome Sharifah...shokran!!! :)

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Schools always start the wednesday after labor day where i come from.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jess, your trip home is coming up really soon, right? I know you have to be getting excited.

Amanda, I meant to give my condolences about Raad's grandmother passing. Very sorry to hear about that.

I would definitely be picking up a tray of already made baklava. Are there some greek restaurants that you might be able to get an order from? I have worked with philo dough before......PITA!!!!!!

Okay peeps...something freaky and spooky is going on at work. Our office manager just came around and said that someone was fired from a company in our building the evening before last and apparently has made some threats or something so they have put everyone on alert and given a description of this guy. They've also hired extra security to police just our building and parking lot for the next two weeks. We are all creeped out.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Allousa that would be very scary. Pray that all is safe always.

Well I better get going to work just wanted to stop by and say Good Morning to all. Today is going to be a blessed day I just know it. Take care all.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I should feel so blessed as there are Arabic markets and stores minutes away from me, not to mention one of the biggest Arabic communities in the US.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aloha MENA !!

lucky your kids start going to school cant wait for mine who's just 2 years old , cus he's making me tired , i don't stop running behind him , talking , learning , shouting ...aaaaa wished if his dad can raise him with me :-(

here the weather is SO HOT !!! have to do some food shopping , i'll later this evening (dont wanna go out lol )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Morning MENA - wishing everyone a great day!!! The weekend is almost here :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey girl!!!!! Haven't talked to you in a while!!!!

Thank Allousa! Yeah, I've been kind of missing in action but slowly am getting back to my old self... LOL :wacko:

Weight Watchers has helped me regain my sanity back again and I can see the so called light at the end of tunnel :dance: :dance:

Also, I must say that I've missed your daily words of wisdom from Don Miguel Ruiz :crying: Hope you'll get back to it at some point.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so proud of people that can stick with WW. I'm thinking I'm going to need an intervention and 90 day rehab to help me stop drinking coca-cola at this point. Hicham stopped smoking so that I would quit the "coke". He has stopped, but I haven't. :whistle:

I'm going to have to get the card set back from my aunt (DMR). You wouldn't believe how many emails and comments I got from people once I stopped doing the daily quotes.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good morning! I'm on vacation next week and the kids are with their dad for two days and three nights of it so I'm contemplating a wee little roadtrip with the hubster but no idea where to. We've kind of beat the whole New Hampshire/Maine thing to death, I don't want to go to NYC in the heat of the summer, Connecticut's too boring (sorry for those who live there). Hmmmm.

Oh, talked with hubby last night and asked his opinion on Tammy's situation. Tammy if you're reading this I know you asked for the thread to be closed but this is what he said:

him: "This guy is from Alexandria?"

me: "yes"

him: <puts his hand up> let me stop you right there. You have to know this, Bridget, she can never trust him! <fiery eyes look at me>

me: "why the heck not?"

him: "NEVER trust anyone from Alexandria!!!!!! No one in Cairo trusts anyone from Alexandria. We donnot like each other."

It went on but I won't bore you. I thought it was hysterical though. :lol: Reminds me of talking about Red Sox fans vs. Yankee fans. So bottom line, forget everything said in that other thread. The main thing to remember is that he is from Alexandria.

Does anyone else's significant other from Cairo feel like this?

hahah Adam is from Alex, so I guess he wouldnt trust Adam! :lol: but yah, Adam has done the same but not about Cairo people. Something about upper Egypt, which is really southern Egypt which always gets me confused! But its not about not trusting them, more like they are very different than people in Alex or something.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.