• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Bridget, how about Nantucket?

:crying: ohh /missessssss

I've only been once, but it is really so nice there. I'd love to go again. Not the cheapest destination, unfortunately, but if you're only going for a couple of nights...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Morning MENA...Happy Friday Eve. I am so seriously glad tomorrow is Friday!

We are still grieving over the loss of Raad's grandmother and trying to work through that. At least the huge piles of paper on my desk are keeping me somewhat distracted.

Anyone have any good recipes for konafa or baklava for Ramadan? Any suggestions on things to have on hand for hubby? I am thinking I may attempt to join him in the fast, or at least try in part.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Hi Amanda!

I'll give you the greek recipe for baklava, that's the one I know...it's simple!

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There once was a man from Nantucket. :innocent: Yeah that would be LOVELY. I would even slum it in Martha's Vineyard (j/k about slumming it) but $$$ is a factor.

I was just thinking one night at a fairly decent motel with a beach involved. I do have a tentative plan I thought up today. Hampton Beach, motel with private balcony overlooking ocean, fireworks at night and just in general chillin' out. I think he'd like it since there's a ton of people there, lots of shops, etc. I'm just so sick of NH though but until the kiddo's are college graduates these lil one day excursions and the occaisonal trip to Cairo will have to do. Not that I wouldn't be totally grateful to go to Cairo (not now though, can't stand the heat!) but I just want to explore some other country some time, you know? Is that something others go through? Wanting to go to like China or India or some other place you've always dreamed of but then feeling guilty about it since if you can go there why can't you spend time with the inlaws and go to Cairo/Morocco/<insert country here>

Jenn how are you surviving this heat? My God you must be DYING!!! We have two window a/c's and seriously I'm so miserable, though tonight it looks like it might cool down a bit. I HATE being hot. SERIOUSLY. My whole mood is just miserable and everyone in the house suffers because of it. I'm so grateful that both of my pregancies had me being huge around late winter/early spring!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Jenn how are you surviving this heat? My God you must be DYING!!! We have two window a/c's and seriously I'm so miserable, though tonight it looks like it might cool down a bit. I HATE being hot. SERIOUSLY. My whole mood is just miserable and everyone in the house suffers because of it. I'm so grateful that both of my pregancies had me being huge around late winter/early spring!!!

As much as bed rest sucks, it has been nice not having any idea about how hot it is outside. This is our first summer with central air, and it came at the perfect time!

Timeline

Oh and that beach with the horses sounds AWESOME but until you know who gets his license I have a 5 hour maximum limit for travel time via the car. We really could just stay here and go to the beach even but whenever we plan on that we don't end up leaving the house because the laundry/dishes/vacuuming/etc. is screaming at us. I don't know why he's procrastinating. He passed the written exam so all that's left is driving. Maybe he's scared but I can't imagine why after experiencing traffic in Cairo and Alex!

Jax I'm sorry you're sad. Time heals all wounds. (if it's something that needs healing).

Central air sounds amazing. I even considered buying a couple more a/c's but I know the minute I do it will be nice in the 70's.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
AlmostFridaybaby.jpg

doods i'm gonna be ok ~thx darlin for carin (man~ WHY do i get so emotional right before ramadan? i HATE being alone for it)

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jax)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Sorry about you being alone for Ramadan. (F) Wish that you could have company with good peeps to break your fasts.

Timeline
AlmostFridaybaby.jpg

doods i'm gonna be ok ~thx darlin for carin (man~ WHY do i get so emotional right before ramadan? i HATE being alone for it)

Seriously? I love my husband more than chocolate and ice cream combined but I'm kind of looking forward to when he goes to Cairo so that I don't have to cook these elaborate meals to break our fasts with! I'm just as happy with a chicken kabob salad from the local pizza joint as I am with a leg of lamb, veggies and soup! I know you've been apart for so long but look at these times as your LAST CHANCE to blouse on the couch eating ice cream out of the carton with your grungiest clothes on! :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
AlmostFridaybaby.jpg

Seriously? I love my husband more than chocolate and ice cream combined but I'm kind of looking forward to when he goes to Cairo so that I don't have to cook these elaborate meals to break our fasts with! I'm just as happy with a chicken kabob salad from the local pizza joint as I am with a leg of lamb, veggies and soup! I know you've been apart for so long but look at these times as your LAST CHANCE to blouse on the couch eating ice cream out of the carton with your grungiest clothes on! :dance::dance::dance:

I don't know if that's what my husband is expecting this Ramadan, but it is sooooo not happening. :whistle:

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
sadkitty.jpg

No more sads!!! i give you hugs!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.