*Maureen*

Thursday!!

67 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good morning! I'm on vacation next week and the kids are with their dad for two days and three nights of it so I'm contemplating a wee little roadtrip with the hubster but no idea where to. We've kind of beat the whole New Hampshire/Maine thing to death, I don't want to go to NYC in the heat of the summer, Connecticut's too boring (sorry for those who live there). Hmmmm.

Oh, talked with hubby last night and asked his opinion on Tammy's situation. Tammy if you're reading this I know you asked for the thread to be closed but this is what he said:

him: "This guy is from Alexandria?"

me: "yes"

him: <puts his hand up> let me stop you right there. You have to know this, Bridget, she can never trust him! <fiery eyes look at me>

me: "why the heck not?"

him: "NEVER trust anyone from Alexandria!!!!!! No one in Cairo trusts anyone from Alexandria. We donnot like each other."

It went on but I won't bore you. I thought it was hysterical though. :lol: Reminds me of talking about Red Sox fans vs. Yankee fans. So bottom line, forget everything said in that other thread. The main thing to remember is that he is from Alexandria.

Does anyone else's significant other from Cairo feel like this?

hahah Adam is from Alex, so I guess he wouldnt trust Adam! :lol: but yah, Adam has done the same but not about Cairo people. Something about upper Egypt, which is really southern Egypt which always gets me confused! But its not about not trusting them, more like they are very different than people in Alex or something.

The whole upper term had me confused too since it's down below Cairo. Anyhoo at least they both agree about that since Usama says the same thing about upper Egypt. :star:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've been telling Hicham about the whole thread drama and he was shaking his head and going making that whole *tsk tsk* sound. He said "Even *I* don't trust Moroccans and I've lived there all my life!" But then he will say Palestinians can do no wrong... :wacko:

I don't care where ANYBODY is from, you just have to look at who someone *IS* from the inside and trust your instincts...that's just my opinion.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I've been telling Hicham about the whole thread drama and he was shaking his head and going making that whole *tsk tsk* sound. He said "Even *I* don't trust Moroccans and I've lived there all my life!" But then he will say Palestinians can do no wrong... :wacko:

I don't care where ANYBODY is from, you just have to look at who someone *IS* from the inside and trust your instincts...that's just my opinion.

You are right about that Allousa, but my husband said he don't trust ANY ARAB! :unsure:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You know Turia, even our "Arab" friends here say the same thing and I've heard Hicham say before that he doesn't trust "Arabs"....

I'm just like if you all go around not trusting each other then how do you get anything done, how do you make friends..... :unsure::blink::wacko:

I just nod my head and say...okay babe!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

:jest:

Afternoon MENA.

Finally RAINING here.. I keep hoping for a good storm, but so far, just rain showers.

I keep wanting to prepare myself for fasting by not eating as much during the day- but then the other part of me says "do it while you still can!" ha ha.

Enjoy the day.

ah. the longing....

I cannot believe Ramadan is so near now.

I haven't really prepared yet and hubby isn't really pressuring for anything specific or things done any differently than before. I would like to try some receipes and nice little accompaniments to our meals.

Sara...just love the new pix of Amirah. We have been indulging in alot of ice cream this summer :blush:

One thing hubby and I share a love for.

Nagi, I haven't really found any "arab" markets yet...still on the search for them

Sinad...enjoy your time with the babe, the older they get you think it gets easier, it does not, another whole realm of

tasks and supervision.

I did say before that for some reason hubby doesn't trust or really want to meet any Arabs here.

He doesn't have much good to say about the ones back home either.

Sometimes I see some excitement when he notices someone speaking Arabic or he finds someone Moroccan he

can relate too but befriending them....not interested.

Well still got some time to put in here....I can't wait to be done

My kids start Sept 8th....starting this week seems really premature but then again I think the kids have too much time off in the summer anyway. Turns their minds to mush.

Oh Jess, I wanted to say I know what you mean about your statement regarding friends.

Sorry to hear if you are having problems with your "so called" ones.

(F)

Jackie...what you had mentioned about people suffering quietly and you reaching out to them is very sweet of you.

I agree with you and I will pray that those of us who may be suffering will get the peace and happiness they deserve (F)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

doodlebug: My husband said something VERY similar about people from Alex, only I believe he said they were sneaky, and that "everyone in Cairo knows people from Alex are sneaky!" :blink:

Olivia: Sorry about your grandma-in-law :( My husband's niece brought us a bunch of Ramadan supplies today, they seem to be staples or something. What she brought was a variety of nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, pistacchios, walnuts), flattened apricot paste, dried apricots, prunes, figs, and dates, coconut flakes. All I know about Ramadan has been from Egyptian culture, so I'm not sure about Jordanian stuff... We usually made the konafa and baklava in the evening, not during the day when we were fasting. you can buy philo dough pretty much anywhere, but the konafa dough i've only ever been able to find in middle eastern markets. It's not bad to work with if you cover it with a damp cloth when you're not using it.

Allousa... be safe! (F)

Those of you in Egypt... does daylight savings time end tonight? I have heard conflicting reports, so hopefully someone can clue me in.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

As kind of an aside, does anyone run into their husband being the bestest friends with people from their homeland while in the US, but the could literally bump into this person on the street in israel in a full head on collision and not even say excuse me?! I find it so funny, we have soooo many israeli friends that we have nothing in common with except that they are israeli, or even more so a sephardic/moroccan specifically israeli. I know for sure we would not hang out over there but here, we are all BFFs! We even have a bunch of palestinian friends here - now a few are close friends that we actually do have stuff in common with but the rest, well they speak hebrew, my husband speaks arabic, its all the same reason so lets bond! I find it so funny.

As kind of an aside, does anyone run into their husband being the bestest friends with people from their homeland while in the US, but the could literally bump into this person on the street in israel in a full head on collision and not even say excuse me?! I find it so funny, we have soooo many israeli friends that we have nothing in common with except that they are israeli, or even more so a sephardic/moroccan specifically israeli. I know for sure we would not hang out over there but here, we are all BFFs! We even have a bunch of palestinian friends here - now a few are close friends that we actually do have stuff in common with but the rest, well they speak hebrew, my husband speaks arabic, its all the same reason so lets bond! I find it so funny.

that is funny. my husband is kind of the opposite though-he's snobby when it comes to moroccans and other arabs he's met here. but then he will go and hang out with my brother, who looks like a grunge rocker (long hair, beard, flannel shirts), and i know for a fact he would never hang out with someone who looks like my brother in morocco. no way, no how. here though, he thinks my brother is a cool looking guy. crazy.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline
Good morning! I'm on vacation next week and the kids are with their dad for two days and three nights of it so I'm contemplating a wee little roadtrip with the hubster but no idea where to. We've kind of beat the whole New Hampshire/Maine thing to death, I don't want to go to NYC in the heat of the summer, Connecticut's too boring (sorry for those who live there). Hmmmm.

Oh, talked with hubby last night and asked his opinion on Tammy's situation. Tammy if you're reading this I know you asked for the thread to be closed but this is what he said:

him: <puts his hand up> let me stop you right there. You have to know this, Bridget, she can never trust him! <fiery eyes look at me>

him: "NEVER trust anyone from Alexandria!!!!!! No one in Cairo trusts anyone from Alexandria. We donnot like each other."

It went on but I won't bore you. I thought it was hysterical though. :lol: Reminds me of talking about Red Sox fans vs. Yankee fans. So bottom line, forget everything said in that other thread. The main thing to remember is that he is from Alexandria.

hahah Adam is from Alex, so I guess he wouldnt trust Adam! :lol: but yah, Adam has done the same but not about Cairo people. Something about upper Egypt, which is really southern Egypt which always gets me confused! But its not about not trusting them, more like they are very different than people in Alex or something.

The whole upper term had me confused too since it's down below Cairo. Anyhoo at least they both agree about that since Usama says the same thing about upper Egypt. :star:

how about vermont, montreal or niagra falls? thats all i got.

or maryland for crabs?! - you know there is an island off of maryland called assateague where they have wild horses roaming the beach! i think its a nature preserve. you could camp?

Edited by chaishai

Timeline

that is funny. my husband is kind of the opposite though-he's snobby when it comes to moroccans and other arabs he's met here. but then he will go and hang out with my brother, who looks like a grunge rocker (long hair, beard, flannel shirts), and i know for a fact he would never hang out with someone who looks like my brother in morocco. no way, no how. here though, he thinks my brother is a cool looking guy. crazy.

ok im jealous!

i think my husband just forms a bond period with foreigners. our neighbor has gone through two nannies in the past year, first one from the caribbean and now they have one from ethiopia. so we are friends with the neighbors - but if the kids are over playing at my house, my husband will invite the nanny in, do a barbeque even. and its not for the wrong reasons trust me, not attractive!

how about vermont, montreal or niagra falls? thats all i got.

or maryland for crabs?! - you know there is an island off of maryland called assateague where they have wild horses roaming the beach! i think its a nature preserve. you could camp?

i LOVED those marguerite henry books set on that island when i was a little girl! i dreamed of visiting that place for years. actually, i think it would still be really fun. i'm jealous of east coasters all the time, there's so many places there i want to see! i hope you find someplace fun to visit bridget.

ok im jealous!

i think my husband just forms a bond period with foreigners. our neighbor has gone through two nannies in the past year, first one from the caribbean and now they have one from ethiopia. so we are friends with the neighbors - but if the kids are over playing at my house, my husband will invite the nanny in, do a barbeque even. and its not for the wrong reasons trust me, not attractive!

lol...that's really sweet actually.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.