edsperfect

admitted IMRA

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes i admitted we met on one of those sites. Today i got a second RFE. When i find out what is in it i will let you know

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yes i admitted we met on one of those sites. Today i got a second RFE. When i find out what is in it i will let you know

oh, I'm sorry you had to be VJ's guinea pig... :)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Fingers crossed for you that it is something remedied quickly. All the best

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please post as soon as possible. What deserves a 'yes' has been an ongoing topic that we do not have a definitive answer on. I put yes with a letter of the information. It was Filipinoheart.com and I am not 100% sure it should be a yes. I explained that in the letter.

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Timeline

Please post as soon as possible. What deserves a 'yes' has been an ongoing topic that we do not have a definitive answer on. I put yes with a letter of the information. It was Filipinoheart.com and I am not 100% sure it should be a yes. I explained that in the letter.

As did I. Email sent to me troday. I suppose i will get ther mail thursday.

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Timeline

May I ask what place you met? As I said, mine was filipinoheart. I included a mailing adr, office adr, ph number, and fax number. In addition to an explaination why it could have been a 'no' but that I wanted to be as forthcoming as possible.

May I ask what place you met? As I said, mine was filipinoheart. I included a mailing adr, office adr, ph number, and fax number. In addition to an explaination why it could have been a 'no' but that I wanted to be as forthcoming as possible. Also, how do you know your RFE is related to the 'yes' in the marriage broker box?

7/05/06 - Touched

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/12/07 Visa Received

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Timeline

May I ask what place you met? As I said, mine was filipinoheart. I included a mailing adr, office adr, ph number, and fax number. In addition to an explaination why it could have been a 'no' but that I wanted to be as forthcoming as possible.

May I ask what place you met? As I said, mine was filipinoheart. I included a mailing adr, office adr, ph number, and fax number. In addition to an explaination why it could have been a 'no' but that I wanted to be as forthcoming as possible. Also, how do you know your RFE is related to the 'yes' in the marriage broker box?

I met on a site run by some russiam woman in Maine. It was 10 mo0nths ago and since then have deleted the email address and all other info. All i could give immigrationswas the email address. I don't see what difference it made though since i have no record

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Timeline

I met on a site run by some russiam woman in Maine. It was 10 mo0nths ago and since then have deleted the email address and all other info. All i could give immigrationswas the email address. I don't see what difference it made though since i have no record

Thanks for the info. I wish you the best. I do feel a little better since I did supply everything I believe they may want. We are all in this together. Watching posts for just a small bit of information, or giving just a tiny bit hoping it may help. I just joined but I see what looks to be something more like a family attitude here, all supporting one another. Maybe in a couple years, there will be a VJ from 2006 reunion/vacation somewhere! hehe

7/05/06 - Touched

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/12/07 Visa Received

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Could it be the Anastasia International in Bangor, Maine? Their website is http://www.anastasiaweb.com Its a shame that IMBRA does not more clearly define a "marriage broker". This seems to have been a source of confusion for many here. Good luck.

Timeline

It seems that many of us met on filipinaheart.com. When someone learns the content of the 2nd RFE, please post as soon as possible. Maybe the rest of us can prepare for the inevitable.

Thanks,

Rob

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Timeline

It seems that many of us met on filipinaheart.com. When someone learns the content of the 2nd RFE, please post as soon as possible. Maybe the rest of us can prepare for the inevitable.

Thanks,

Rob

So Your an FH couple also? Congrats. I wish you the best. I will let you know if mine goes through. What information did you include, or did you check 'no'?

7/05/06 - Touched

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/12/07 Visa Received

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Timeline

Thanks,

Rob

So Your an FH couple also? Congrats. I wish you the best. I will let you know if mine goes through. What information did you include, or did you check 'no'?

I put the web address, then a note to see attached. I printed out all their Cupid holdings, addresses, phone numbers etc. Circled FH in yellow highlights. These guys own about 25 sites. Based in Australia. They all seem legit to me. It sure worked well for me, though I had to meet a lot of frogs to find a real princess.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks,

Rob

I put the web address, then a note to see attached. I printed out all their Cupid holdings, addresses, phone numbers etc. Circled FH in yellow highlights. These guys own about 25 sites. Based in Australia. They all seem legit to me. It sure worked well for me, though I had to meet a lot of frogs to find a real princess.

My fiancé(e) and I met on latinamericancupid.com also from the same organization as yourself :D I contacted then directly and got an explanation from them as to how the are not an IMB because of the exceptions in the law :(I do realize that they have an ax to grind in this but I find that there reasoning is sound):

Dear Member,

We are writing with regards to your International Marriage Broker enquiry sent June 4.

We would like to inform you that we are except from the IMBRA law under the provisions of section 4 ( B ) (ii), however we are in the process of implementing an information form so that those US members who are seeking marriage may complete the required information. It is our understanding that it may be beneficial to the Spouse Visa Application if US men complete the information specified in the IMBRA regulations.

However, we need to inform you that the law commenced March 6, therefore it will be applicable if you and your fiancée met after 6 March. If you met prior to this date the law will not be applicable therefore you will not be required to complete the form.

Any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

team@latinamericancupid.com

I've been waiting for my RFE to show-up :( they sent me an email on July 5 stating that they sent it out on the 23rd of June :blink: must be just a form letter. But I'm holing them to it...if I don't receive it by the 23rd of July I will start calling!!! :lol:

But the thing that is getting me worried is this...The IMBRA law has exceptions but the RFE does not :crying:

so according to the law we are not using an IMB but according to the RFE we are :angry: It's driving me crazy :jest:

Just venting I think :lol: but I sure hope someone has an answer to this conundrum soon!!! (preferably before my RFE shows up :thumbs: )

Edited by lt&gh

Timeline

My fiancé(e) and I met on latinamericancupid.com also from the same organization as yourself :D I contacted then directly and got an explanation from them as to how the are not an IMB because of the exceptions in the law :(I do realize that they have an ax to grind in this but I find that there reasoning is sound):

Dear Member,

We are writing with regards to your International Marriage Broker enquiry sent June 4.

We would like to inform you that we are except from the IMBRA law under the provisions of section 4 ( B ) (ii), however we are in the process of implementing an information form so that those US members who are seeking marriage may complete the required information. It is our understanding that it may be beneficial to the Spouse Visa Application if US men complete the information specified in the IMBRA regulations.

However, we need to inform you that the law commenced March 6, therefore it will be applicable if you and your fiancée met after 6 March. If you met prior to this date the law will not be applicable therefore you will not be required to complete the form.

Any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

team@latinamericancupid.com

I've been waiting for my RFE to show-up :( they sent me an email on July 5 stating that they sent it out on the 23rd of June :blink: must be just a form letter. But I'm holing them to it...if I don't receive it by the 23rd of July I will start calling!!! :lol:

But the thing that is getting me worried is this...The IMBRA law has exceptions but the RFE does not :crying:

so according to the law we are not using an IMB but according to the RFE we are :angry: It's driving me crazy :jest:

Just venting I think :lol: but I sure hope someone has an answer to this conundrum soon!!! (preferably before my RFE shows up :thumbs: )

I wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately that is THEIR interpretation of the law. The way it is written in the RFE and law could also include this (or not). My point being I didn't take the change but instead put the information that I had from the site. This may be good I am honest, or bad if they somehow decide to scrutinize those of us from sites. When someone gets an approval that answered 'yes' on that, I will feel much better. Then again, I would never want to get to the end of this and then get told that I purgered the forms by saying no. Hence causing a mess.

7/05/06 - Touched

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/12/07 Visa Received

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.