Magicfn1

G-325a Confusion

14 posts in this topic

So we're just starting the paperwork for our packet and everything we see online about the G-325a is that we have to fill it out 4 times each. I know the old G-325 came with 5 pages total (including the "Instructions" page) but the new G-325A only comes with 2 (including "Instructions" page). Do we both just fill out 1 each? Is this something new?

Edited by Magicfn1

It isn't clear because USCIS hasn't (apparently) updated their web site's instructions. After several VJ members called USCIS, their comments are "Only the single sheet is needed."

Some VJ members have taken it upon themselves to print 4 completed copies and send them in with the thinking "if they don't need it, they can throw the extra copies away."

(There is also a known issue with the date fields on the form - you may have to hand write them in after printing.)

:thumbs:

One more thing...for now. In the instructions for the IR1/CR1 packet on this site it states I need copies for certain things (my birth certificate, copy of marriage certificate, etc). Do they have to be official copies or copies that I can make at a Kinko's? Thanks again. I have a feeling I'll be using the site and forums quite a bit for our journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So we're just starting the paperwork for our packet and everything we see online about the G-325a is that we have to fill it out 4 times each. I know the old G-325 came with 5 pages total (including the "Instructions" page) but the new G-325A only comes with 2 (including "Instructions" page). Do we both just fill out 1 each? Is this something new?

I just assembled my packet and was told by USCIS call center to use old G-325a rev 07/14/06 because the new form should be 4 pages also, but there is something wrong with the new form it does not have room to fill in all your info either, i got the old form from this site below and just changed the info on it.

http://www.visak1k3.com/pdf/g325a-example.pdf

hope that helps :blush:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I just assembled my packet and was told by USCIS call center to use old G-325a rev 07/14/06 because the new form should be 4 pages also, but there is something wrong with the new form it does not have room to fill in all your info either, i got the old form from this site below and just changed the info on it.

http://www.visak1k3.com/pdf/g325a-example.pdf

hope that helps :blush:

Sigh...I supposed this will be an RFE for me! I just sent mine last week-old 325A form for hubby, new one for me (but only one copy)...okay no stress....no stress...

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

OK, here's a question on top of what has already been said....

I will send our G-325As with 4 copies each. I will be using supplement pages for my G-325 and my fiancee's. Do we need to have 4 copies of the supplements as well?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
OK, here's a question on top of what has already been said....

I will send our G-325As with 4 copies each. I will be using supplement pages for my G-325 and my fiancee's. Do we need to have 4 copies of the supplements as well?

I asked the same question a little while ago and was recommended to send in 4 copies of the supplement pages aswell.

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

Timeline
That's what I was planning on doing, just to be on the safe side. This packet is starting to get bulky, haha.

Big, if you go over 7 lbs., you beat my record!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
Reminder: Submit Four Copies of Biometric Page on USCIS G-325A Form

August 22nd, 2009

VisaJourney would like to remind all petitioners that are required to file a USCIS G-325A Biographic Information Form to submit four copies of the Biographical Information page (page one on the newest form). In the past the G-325A form contained four pages that automatically printed out (with the same information on all pages). The new form only has one page. VisaJourney will be following up with USCIS to determine if using the new form (as released) and only submitting one copy of the Biographic Information page (as the new form prints) is the method the USCIS intended or if it was a mistake on the form. Until then it is recommend that petitioners submit four copies of the Biographic Information page with their petition. We will provide USCIS’s response to this question here once we get clarification from them.

updated, Aug 23 2008

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

Good luck getting that clarification, since everyone who answer their phones says something different!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.