christera22

Bollywood star held in U.S. airport, fans outraged!!

52 posts in this topic

I am aware of how airport security works there and when people try to make the case that were targeting Muslims it makes me want to laugh. I am not saying it doesnt happen but when it does they are not sticking with the proper procedures. Problem is that when it does happen its blown out of proportion.

Well, the protocol enforcement would appear weak, then. One of my staff is of Pakistani descent - though born and raised in the US - and he always schedules an extra 30-60 min when traveling by air. Seems that the "random" extra security checks always come down on him. Nothing random about it, it would seem. Those that aren't caught up in this nonsense easily dismiss the complaints as blown out of proportion. If it hits you each and every time you want to fly somewhere, I think your perspective might be a bit different.

From the get go I said lets hear the other side of the story but there was no shortage of people willing to think it was because he was Muslim.

Sorry but your experience isnt the norm. Working for Alaska Airlines I got to see a lot of what goes on at these gates and I have a cousin that works in security. This sort of racial profiling that people say is going on all the time is nonsense. If we cant pull a suspicious man aside who happens to be Muslim because fear of profiling that would be a dam shame and to perpetuate this nonsense will do that exactly.

Everybody deals with long waits at the airport and I have been pulled aside too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I am aware of how airport security works there and when people try to make the case that were targeting Muslims it makes me want to laugh. I am not saying it doesnt happen but when it does they are not sticking with the proper procedures. Problem is that when it does happen its blown out of proportion.

Well, the protocol enforcement would appear weak, then. One of my staff is of Pakistani descent - though born and raised in the US - and he always schedules an extra 30-60 min when traveling by air. Seems that the "random" extra security checks always come down on him. Nothing random about it, it would seem. Those that aren't caught up in this nonsense easily dismiss the complaints as blown out of proportion. If it hits you each and every time you want to fly somewhere, I think your perspective might be a bit different.

From the get go I said lets hear the other side of the story but there was no shortage of people willing to think it was because he was Muslim.

Sorry but your experience isnt the norm. Working for Alaska Airlines I got to see a lot of what goes on at these gates and I have a cousin that works in security. This sort of racial profiling that people say is going on all the time is nonsense. If we cant pull a suspicious man aside who happens to be Muslim because fear of profiling that would be a dam shame and to perpetuate this nonsense will do that exactly.

Everybody deals with long waits at the airport and I have been pulled aside too.

I think the individual matching a certain profile has a bit better a grasp on the reality of profiling than those who do not. Personally, I've never waited long in any line nor have I ever been pulled aside. Seeing that I fly fairly frequently, a "random" check would - more likely than not - have hit me by now. But sure, we can certainly go on pretending that profiling doesn't happen.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
"I was really hassled perhaps because of my name being Khan. These guys just wouldn't let me through," he said in a text message to reporters in India.

"Absolutely uncalled for, I think. I felt angry and humiliated," said Khan, who had just finished a month-long shoot in the United States for his upcoming film "My Name is Khan," which is about a Muslim man's experience with racial profiling.

Now that's irony :lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

SRK sucks, i dunno how he came such a popular star...

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

SRK sucks, i dunno how he came such a popular star...

:thumbs: Sounds like he is a pissy little biotchy too.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
SRK is a fuсking diva.

The United States on Sunday denied the allegations that Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was detained and questioned for two hours at the Newark airport or that the actor was singled out because of his name or Asian identity.

The allegations "happen to be incorrect," the spokesman of the US Customs and Border Protection here Elmer Camacho said.

The spokesman said Khan was inspected because his baggage had not arrived.

"His documents and papers were checked, which were found to be in correct order," Camacho said.

After a "normal" check at the airport, Khan was taken to a different room where he was waiting for his turn since many other people were already there. The entire process ended in one hour, the spokesman said.

The entire process, he said, was handled in a "professional manner" and there was no evidence of Khan being pointed out because of his name or Asian identity.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4897807.cms

and now we have the rest of the story...

I have worked at the international airport in Seattle for many years and I am aware of how airport security works there and when people try to make the case that were targeting Muslims it makes me want to laugh. I am not saying it doesnt happen but when it does they are not sticking with the proper procedures. Problem is that when it does happen its blown out of proportion.

well i am glad it makes u laugh but i as a Muslim laugh every time they pull me and my family and say u have been selected for random check, ok random check, come on every time we fly same thing dont matter if we are leaving Portland or Seattle or one in California, and it dont make any difference if its domestic or international.

sara

Edited by estadia

What I was trying to express with my sarcastic post is that I am very tired of the US thinking that they are the greatest country in the world and that everyone wants to live there, legally or illegally. That people who go through POE are questioned like criminals, although they are only going there on vacation or for business with no intention to stay there.

This is a great country, not perfect and we have our fair share of problems. I dont think that perpetuating these stereotypes do any good and I think it is inaccurate for the most part.

I wonder if the attitude would be the same if ms. squirrels loved ones were killed by bad ppl that got through easily. I sat in Mexico city customs for 6 hours waiting in line so its not just the U.S.

I didn't know you were from Mexico. :unsure:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
There is a prevailing attitude among some Americans that the USA still stands as the beacon of the Free World, which makes it a bit ironic when we have the highest prison population among industrialized nations, and we continue to have the Patriot Act, which allows the government to eavesdrop on its citizens. I think her comments were totally appropriate in that context.

Of course you would you do the same thing all time.

GFY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
What's Bollywood?

indian version of hollywood

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
There is a prevailing attitude among some Americans that the USA still stands as the beacon of the Free World, which makes it a bit ironic when we have the highest prison population among industrialized nations, and we continue to have the Patriot Act, which allows the government to eavesdrop on its citizens. I think her comments were totally appropriate in that context.

Funny how some people have a problem with the government eavesdropping on their phone calls,

yet no problem whatsoever with the gov't being in charge of their healthcare and medical records.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

There are procedures to follow at the airport... Irregardless of who you are, you'll be in question if the need so arises.

Keep America safe!!! ^_^

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Funny how some people have a problem with the government eavesdropping on their phone calls,

yet no problem whatsoever with the gov't being in charge of their healthcare and medical records.

Its apples & oranges... the first one is about individual freedoms & the second one is about (hopefully) more affordable healthcare.

There are procedures to follow at the airport... Irregardless of who you are, you'll be in question if the need so arises.

Keep America safe!!! ^_^

I get more bent of shape being behind the tard in the line at the airport that has 7 bags & a bunch of ####### in his pocket.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

I mentioned it several times but all I ever heard was crickets.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I think the anger should be directed towards those damn idiots who claim to be "Muslim" and go on terrorizing using Islam as a justification. In cases like this, I get mad at them for ruining life for the rest of us.