Ladylethal

Senator help?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, guys! This is Luis this time.Laura is on a road trip back to Rio.

I wanted to ask you all something, hope you can help. Have you guys had sucess getting your senators offices to help you in the K1 process? Because I called the office of my representant in the the senate and the basically told me they couldn't really push the people at the service center to work faster or to ask them on how is my procces, beacause they wouldn't tell them any thing that they wouldn't tell me. they said one the case is aproved and in the national visa center they could help to move it faster. So again my question, has any of you had succes trying this? I'm really getting fustrated at this process they take forever. Nobody seem to give you any clear answers at those offices. I want to be with Laura already :crying:

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline
Hello, guys! This is Luis this time.Laura is on a road trip back to Rio.

I wanted to ask you all something, hope you can help. Have you guys had sucess getting your senators offices to help you in the K1 process? Because I called the office of my representant in the the senate and the basically told me they couldn't really push the people at the service center to work faster or to ask them on how is my procces, beacause they wouldn't tell them any thing that they wouldn't tell me. they said one the case is aproved and in the national visa center they could help to move it faster. So again my question, has any of you had succes trying this? I'm really getting fustrated at this process they take forever. Nobody seem to give you any clear answers at those offices. I want to be with Laura already :crying:

It should help to get you answers at least, definitely. But whether or not they do is another story. 2 people on here had a good time wih IL senators. My Ohio one was good as well, but I had a name to talk to. Good luck.

Edited by devilette

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They are correct that a congressional office can't help move a "normal" process along any faster. The time that it really helps is if you have a problem with your case, or if you are delayed longer than the normal period of time it takes to process a case. FYI - I had given you the info on Puerto Rico's representative before...he is in the HOuse. There are no Senators representing PR.

Good luck! :thumbs:

SEE K-1 HISTORY IN MY TIMELINE

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/02/2006 - package received in Chicago (delivery confirmed via USPS)

07/06/2006 - NOA 1 (DAY 7)

07/12/2006 - biometric appointment notice (DAY 13)

07/14/2006 - received biometric appointment notice via mail

07/25/2006 - interview notice (DAY 26)

07/26/2006 - biometrics taken (DAY 27)

07/28/2006 - received interview notice via mail

09/07/2006 - I-485 interview...APPROVED!!!...passport stamped (DAY 70)

09/12/2006 - I-131 approved (DAY 75)

09/13/2006 - received welcome letter via mail

09/15/2006 - I-765 approved (DAY 78)

09/16/2006 - received AP via mail

09/18/2006 - received conditional green card via mail

09/21/2006 - received EAD via mail

07/23/2008 - filed I-751 to lift conditional status

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

08/26/2008 - biometric appointment

12/03/2008 - I-751 approved

12/08/2008 - received 10-year green card via mail

09/07/2009 - eligible for U.S. citizenship!

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you at this point-is your case outside processing times?

when our case was 30 days outside of VSC's processing times-I called my senator. I don't know if it helped or not but I am glad that I did it. You sent your petition in April-right? so according to your timeline you sent back rfe info 6/29????? it hasn't even been two weeks-I am sure you will get your answer soon-it is hard but be patient(that is what everyone told me).

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

For what it's worth I had written our Senator and asked if he could look into the situation of IMBRA implementation, if there were now guidelines to implement it, etc. and if they had hired extra staff to handle the backlog at the CSC. In part this is what he replied to me:

"Because your concerns fall under the jurisdiction of the federal government (U.S. Department of Homeland Security), I have forwarded your concern to your federal representative. I hope that you will be hearing from her soon.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If I can be of assistance to you at the state level of government, please feel free to contact me."

So I don't know if he was just passing the buck or our representatives are the ones who handle these kinds of matters. But at least I received a reply.

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My petition had not been touched until I called my congressman and one of his aides contacted the NSC. You can draw your own conclusions from that, but I am glad I called. Be sure your case is outside processing times otherwise your congressional office will really have no reason to help you.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
For what it's worth I had written our Senator and asked if he could look into the situation of IMBRA implementation, if there were now guidelines to implement it, etc. and if they had hired extra staff to handle the backlog at the CSC. In part this is what he replied to me:

"Because your concerns fall under the jurisdiction of the federal government (U.S. Department of Homeland Security), I have forwarded your concern to your federal representative. I hope that you will be hearing from her soon.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If I can be of assistance to you at the state level of government, please feel free to contact me."

So I don't know if he was just passing the buck or our representatives are the ones who handle these kinds of matters. But at least I received a reply.

Did you contact your state senator (i.e. from your state assembly) or the senator who represents your state in DC? Sounds like you contacted the wrong senator.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

I contacted both of my senators and my congressman. I only got a reply from Senator Durbin. He put me with his immigration aid. While he hasn't been able to speed things up he has been very helpful with information. I get regular emails from him as he gets more information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think it's well worth contacting someone. I tried both senator's offices in illinois - at the first one, the woman was NOT nice and NOT helpful - she was actually downright rude and upset me even more. But the second one has been incredibly nice and helpful. She is the one who responded to my questions about RFE status and told me when to expect it and to call her if I had not received it. Well I still hadn't received it on June 30 when I was leaving on vacation and she left me a voicemail to say she would arrange to get a copy faxed to me when I returned. I just got back last night and FINALLY received my RFE today, July 10, postmarked June 29 (clearly they postmarked before mailing). She told me to call her so she can give me an update on the RFE processing guidelines (which I will do tomorrow) and also offered assistance in dealing with the consulate in Ciudad Juarez while we are going through the waiver process.

So, I think it's worth it to contact someone and try to get some answers - I don't think they can actually push your case through, but I do have the feeling that a congressional inquiry does move your application from the bottom of a pile if it has been waiting for a long time - even if it's not outside of processing guidelines. If nothing else, it's nice to have a real, live person to speak to regarding status etc.

Good luck!

Timeline
So Kitkat,

Did you ever get your RFE?? I know that you have stated before u left that u have not gotten it..just want to check up on that.

FINALLY today I got it - July 10. I have no explanation for why it took so long - it was dated June 29 but clearly they did not send it out then. Anyway, thanks for your concern! I'll be reading through how everyone else sent theirs back - It looks like check the box NO and leave the other two blank, sign it, etc and fed ex with the blue sheet on top. Hope that's right. Then tomorrow I'll be talking to the senator's office again to try to find out how much longer I'll be waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So Kitkat,

Did you ever get your RFE?? I know that you have stated before u left that u have not gotten it..just want to check up on that.

FINALLY today I got it - July 10. I have no explanation for why it took so long - it was dated June 29 but clearly they did not send it out then. Anyway, thanks for your concern! I'll be reading through how everyone else sent theirs back - It looks like check the box NO and leave the other two blank, sign it, etc and fed ex with the blue sheet on top. Hope that's right. Then tomorrow I'll be talking to the senator's office again to try to find out how much longer I'll be waiting!

WOW!! that was a long wait. Where did u meet your fiance from?? If you do nto mind me asking...Yeah i think you are right about those. You have to send it with blue paper on top. I do not know how long it would take..But once u find out, will u let me know? I mailed mine out on July 5th..it arrived in California on friday. Still i have not heard from them

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The RFE in our case finally arrived today, also... Now on to the next stage - of waiting.

08-20-2004 First letter from my Princess

01-01-2005 Birthday celebrations in Simferopol

07-23-2005 Return to Crimea - Vacation on the beaches of Yalta & Koktebel with Valentyna

01-01-2006 Celebrate another Birthday of my Princess in Yalta

01-06-2006 Engagement!!

04-20-2006 Send I129F to NSC

04-21-2006 I129F received - NOA1

04-26-2006 touched

06-01-2006 touched (CSC transfer)

06-02-2006 touched

06-03-2006 touched

06-15-2006 touched (another NOA1 receipt date?!)

06-23-2006 RFE issued (according to form notice date)

06-26-2006 touched

06-29-2006 RFE mailed from CSC (according to postmark)

07-07-2006 RFE received in mail

07-15-2006 touched

07-19-2006 RFE response mailed to CSC by USPS Express

07-20-2006 USPS confirms AM delivery of RFE response to CSC

07-27-2006 Official RFE response receipt acknowledged by email

09-01-2006 touched - NOA2 received

09-05-2006 email notice of NOA2 approval

11- -2006 two days of interview concluded - decision withheld

03-31-2007 second interview

07- -2007 K1 received on return to CSC

Timeline
WOW!! that was a long wait. Where did u meet your fiance from?? If you do nto mind me asking...Yeah i think you are right about those. You have to send it with blue paper on top. I do not know how long it would take..But once u find out, will u let me know? I mailed mine out on July 5th..it arrived in California on friday. Still i have not heard from them

I don't think the delay in getting the RFE to me had anything to do with where I met my fiance (in Mexico) but instead it was because they randomly grabbed applications and sent RFEs to those in their hand at the moment. Since the postmark said June 29 and I received it July 10, we also know they ran envelopes through the postage meter LONG before they ever dropped them in the mailbox since it doesn't take 11 working days for mail to arrive from CA to IL!!!!

I did not talk to the senator's office today like I thought I would - but if they are able to provide ANY insight into how much longer this will take, I will definitely post it.

Thanks GaryC and Bluesurf I'm glad you got yours too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.