amysaid

Happy Thursday

96 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hope everyone has a good Thursday... I just read an article from the AP talking about how USCIS wait times are down because they are processing fewer immigrant work visas. Good news, eh? (link here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090806/ap_on_...wn_green_cards)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

the link didn't work for me but, that's great news! :]

i'm trying to relax today.. thinking about starting my packing!

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Packing to go home :( and cleaning the house before I leave...Inshallah this last month apart will go by fast.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

morning. i have so much to do but not enough time. my husband got rid the rest of the bushes that were along the side of the house and now we have to landscape it. we are going to put rocks down and some colorful plants. i know my weekend is going to be consumed with yard work. have a great thursday!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Morning MENA...happy Friday eve! I hope everyone has a good day today.

Kenza..I hope you have a safe trip back to the US and I hope that you will be back with your hubby very very soon!

Beth are you still dancing? :lol:(F)

Morning Amy, Maureen, ya hayat alby & Jeanne!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Good morning everyone.

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

good morning! since it's early I can even respond to everyone in the thread. lol

amy is your daughter settling in a little bit better or is she still not eating well? have you taken her to a bakery yet? I would think if anything she'd want to eat some of the yummy goodies that they have there like basbousa, etc.

ya hayat alby ♥ distractions are great during the visa journey! I used to try everything to not think about how much I missed my husband. (F)

Kenza I hope you have a safe trip back!

maureen :blink: do you *like* yardwork? I personally hate it. Well I can't say hate, rather dislike I guess. I do like planting the flowers and watering the garden but the clipping and the raking and the moving of heavy objects and the weeding I really can do without. Plus I guess it doesn't help that if I were to do a few hours of gardening today I would be out flat for the next two days totally useless from the pain in my body. I hope you take pics of before and after because I do love to look at gardens. :)

Jeanne I'm so jealous! We've had tons of rain here the past couple of weeks but no awesome thunder/lightning storms. I love a good storm in the summer where the lights go out and we have to light candles and actually talk to each other rather than sit in our separate rooms!

Good morning Amanda and sweet peach :)

I'm in total pain waiting for tyelnol to kick in. UGH. I was taking this new drug nortryptyline (sp?) and omg it kicked my butt. I was walking around like a zombie all yesterday and have no idea how I got home from work last night. I thought it was neurontin but it's this nortyrptyline and I had been taking it for over a week or two and had upped the dosage per the instructions and whammo I was like the walking dead. Now I'm awake but in pain again. Can't win either way.

Hubby is buying his tickets today. Surprisingly prices have dropped a couple of hundred dollars since two weeks ago. I think roundtrip bos-cairo is about $920 right now which is pretty darn good! I felt a lump in my throat when he told me he's ready to purchase the tickets last night. Did anyone have the fear of a "Rendition" scene happening the first time your husband went back home? Seriously I'm going to worry the whole time he's gone that they won't let him back in!! :blink::blink::blink:

Edited by doodlebugg

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
ya hayat alby ♥ distractions are great during the visa journey! I used to try everything to not think about how much I missed my husband. (F)

I bet it is, but I'm actually in Egypt now with my hubby and I'm leaving in 5 days. :(

So I'd rather spend as much time with him as possible! :star:

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning! looks like it's going to be a nice day.

Maureen, I'd love to see your yard!

Everyone have themselves a wonderful Thursday!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning mena.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good day MENA! So glad tomorrow will be Friday. I am getting so ansy about getting my NVC case number. I wish they would HURRY UP!

Anyhow Sweet Peach, I can't read Arabic well. I tried and tried and well with the little I can read (a first grade level I'm sure), I was proud to say I think I read Amanda and Hassan? Is that correct?

Okay all, have a great day everyone!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Good Morning everyone! :thumbs:

Not much plans today here other than to get through the day... & relax later on this evening . Have an infopass appt today at 2:30 to pick up the I94 - hopefully USCIS sticks to their word & we wont have to pay a fee. Hubbys been working a side job to take care of his EAD, so things are looking up :innocent:

I love sitting in my lounge chair looking a beautiful garden/yard - good luck Maureen with all the planting!

Have a blessed one everybody (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning Mena!

I hope everyone is having a Happy Thursday! Amy I couldn't access the link too, but it is really good news!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Blah. Is it time for him to go back to work yet??...no thats right its just the beginning of our weekend.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.