• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Welcome back Olivia.

I was surprised to hear you were coming back cuz you said you were going there to live and wait out the visa process.

What prompted you to come back so prematurely? I guess after having been ill there you are a little relieved to be back?

How neat if you and Sandra were on the same flight :P

Well I was on the KLM flight to Amsterdam then to Houston. Sandrila my husbands brother in law is the one working in Dubai, he picked me up in Cairo because Ahmed had to go back to the camp. Oliva glad you made it back, I will have to post some pix also from Hurghada, you all can find me on facebook if you want to add me, I know Olivia has it, but Sandrila if you want to add me or any one else feel free its under Sandra Massoud or Sandra Dunn. Now off to work I go. yeah.

My husband and I want to go to Amsterdam so bad! We watched a travel channel episode (i forget the woman's name but she used to be on the Champion window commercials) where this woman went to Amsterdam and she stayed on a houseboat. The houseboat was very flat compared to the taller ones you see here and it just looked so cozy and romantic!!! How is KLM as an airline? Hubby is probably going Delta but we'll look tonight to see what other options are out there. The flight we looked at last night goes from Boston to NYC and then from NYC to Cairo so no layovers other than NYC. It said it would be on a Delta plane but I wonder if it's really EgyptAir.

It's not Egypt Air. Delta flies direct from Cairo to JFK and vice versa. They started this direct route I think last year or the year before. We fly Delta all the time now and my husband refuses to set foot on Egypt Air again. Delta runs a smaller plane, but much better in my opinion. KLM is fantastic also. I flew KLM when I moved here because I had the dog with me and Egypt Air was charging outrageous fees for flying a dog cargo. I'm flying home on Delta from Cairo in 10 days.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome back 0 !

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just got back from Egypt last night. rs on DHL.

Sandra were we on the same Delta flight that leaves at 1:30 am back from Cairo? :blink:

I'm back now. I got home at 2:30 pm in Boise. Passed out presents, shared the wedding video and pictures, and pictures of the trip, took a shower, and went to sleep at 7:00 pm and slept until the 10:00 am the next morning. I was and am still so tired.

I got a text message today that Waleed sent in packet 3 finally with a self addressed return envelope to make sure they send the interview letter to his clinic in Hurghada.

I also want to tell every Wife married to an Egyptian that you never have to buy another visa again for Egypt. From my personal experience it is certain now that upon entry you show them your marriage papers and they stamp you for one month with a residency visa and you pay nothing. We went to the immigration office three time at three place each telling us unless I wanted Egyptian Citizenship we don't have to pay for a residency visa all I have to do is show my marriage papers. Upon leaving I showed them my marriage papers again and they stamped my passport with a departure visa that says Wife of an Egyptian and I payed absolutely nothing. It's a piece of cake! No one ever has to buy a tourist visa ever again if you just show them your marriage papers.

Welcome back Olivia! Yes you are right about showing your marriage license. When I would go to Egypt I always had my marriage papers available, however we also had purchased a residency

visa for 3 yrs. So it sure made it so much easier to fly thru Cairo without having to purchase a visa everytime. I never had a problem!

Again, welcome home!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline
Goodmorning everyone, I just got back from Egypt last night. Such a long journey back to Kansas. I always hate to leave also. I spent some great times with my husband and met up with more of the family. His grandmother had been sick so we went to visit her, what a sweet lady. We spent 3 days in Hurghada at an all inclusive resort that was great to just relax. I know Ahmed needed it as he has been working so hard in the military. We flew there it was his first trip in an airplane he loved it. I told him the next time your flying will be to the states. We both smiled. Just a fantasitc trip but never long enough. He went back to the camp I went to Cairo and stayed with his sister and her husband that are in Egypt for a month, as he is working in Dubai. Had a wonderfull welcome there as I always do, brother in laws mom made a many foods and sweets. To top it off my husbands sister gave me a beautifull gown and some lovely perfume, body spray and a bear saying I love you. Im so greatfull to have such a wonderfull family in Egypt. Being there now 5 times makes me appreciate comming home, I can't even tell you how great my bed felt to sleep in last night.

Lemon bars yummy, I love sweets.

Have a great day everyone, 24 days untill Ahmed will finish the military, need our approval from USCIS soon, we all ready for NVC except his military completion papers and his passport. I gave him a complete duplicate packate of everything he will need at the interview, to save probally 85 dollars on DHL.

Welcome home Sandra!! I know you are happy also to be home. Glad you had a good time with your husband and his family. Good luck with your journey!!

Filed: Timeline

I know I haven't been around much...as I've been so crazy w/ my BIL here and my hubby starting his new job in the evenings FT, so he leaves when I get home so I can stay w/ the babies at night. It's down right crazy train in my house! :P

Anyway, my BIL is so happy here and meeting friends, etc. He's already staying out at friends homes and he's gone more than he's home. So thats awesome for him. However, our dogs are attached to him and this past week decided to show him how much they miss him. YIKES! :devil:

He had two new pairs of limited addition adidas sneakers from a modeling shoot he did in Spain (which the mom in me says,...hey you left em on the floor, door open w/out picking up your stuff, closing your closet door and/or room door so how special could they really be... :whistle::innocent: ) BUT, you know I kept my mom mouth shut, right? :devil:

I left for only 30 mintues, without crating them (my mistake too) so then both dogs went to town like they never have before! We opened up the door to find Angus w/ my hubby's underwear in his mouth :rofl: and he drops it casually behind the wall he's standing near at the top of our stairs with Daisy(the other dog). My husband said...did you see that? We run up to the balcony area of our house and there are clothes and sneakers everywhere... :unsure: My BIL's Two pairs of Adidas sneakers....heel areas CHEWED up....two baseball caps (of course my BIL's favorites he wears ALL the time) shredded and my pants, my shirt from work and the hubsters underwear on the floor too! :whistle: The dogs are now in their cages just staring at us waiting for the now building explosion of my husband to go off.... :blink: OH MY...that's all I have to say! Well, they were just trying to say...stop leaving us alone for days to their new play partner. :lol:

So that's been my lovely week so far...its wonderful now that my husband is working, his first paycheck will be buying his little brother some new threads! :whistle::whistle::devil:

Timeline

Hey Annie! Good to see you again sweetie! Congratulations for your husband!! That is very good

news.

Hope you are doing well and staying cool! Did you guys get some thunderstorms also?

Take care!

Filed: Timeline
Hey Annie! Good to see you again sweetie! Congratulations for your husband!! That is very good

news.

Hope you are doing well and staying cool! Did you guys get some thunderstorms also?

Take care!

No, our weather has just been hot AND sticky...:( I would welcome some rain about now! (F)

I'm really happy about his new job too! It's a temp to perm so fingers crossed he can become permanent. He absolutely loves it and looks forward to going each evening. The first night was tough but he made it through and now loves his new co-workers too. It's actually with my company but another division/area so he knows some of the folks already!! Can't beat that. (F)

Edited by Nawal

Timeline

It's officially Friday in Cairo [12:08 AM CLT] Just wanted to stop by and say I wish each and everyone of you had/ is having a really good day. :star:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline
you too aya! annie, you are a far more compassionate, forgiving animal lover than i could ever be. yikes!

Chemaatah, haven't seen you in the daily thread for a while. I missed you girl! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Bridget...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not immigration! He never had any issues with them...it was his FAMILY!! Trying to hold him hostage and pour the guilt trip on him. I am so sorry that you took it like it was immigration. I would call you if I had your cell number.

KLM is a great airline. Kind of like sitting on a big comfy couch. I always experienced long layovers in Amsterdam when I would fly to Egypt. I would love to venture out and about but was always afraid I wouldn't make it back to get my flight plus I switched airlines and had all of my luggage with me it didn't transfer.

Egypt Air sounds like the freaking plane's engine is going to blow. drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, when it started making that sound I started praying in my seat for God to land us. Seriously, you could tell who hadn't flown Egypt Air before because when that sound started we all kind of started looking around and with that deer in the headlights look, like OMG!! My husband said he has experienced it with them as well and swears their planes are old and made out of borrowed parts :blink: He loves Delta....straight flight from JFK and had no problems with it.

Annie...we had a dog once that did that. It was when I had Tristen.The little freak chewed my couch up. I came home with the arm and part of the back of couch in the living room floor. He also didn't like my grandma and she used to watch my daughter when she was little and for some reason she would bring her lunch in a little plastic lunch bag, you know the kind that zip. Well, crazy dog almost ate the entire bag. I guess he had to get to grandma's sandwich. He was just bad...he would get in the kitty litter box and walk around with a cat ####### in his mouth like a cigar...just weird. I hope your hubby doesn't lose his mind. Mine would kick them out he hates dogs :whistle: ----Also, congrats on the job for your husband. We do the first shift second shift hand off at our house. Things get lonely at times so call me or text me and Ill try and get online if the babies give you a chance.

Welcome back Olivia and Sandra!!

Gosh, I know I am missing something here. Well, I better go because this has turned into a book. I have shrimp scampi and new potatoes with salad to prepare.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.