TayRivers

IR-5 for my Parents

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well I am happy to say they were approved. :dance::dance::dance:

Here is Mom's report on the interview.

We left the Marble Arch Holtel at 7:30am to walk to the Embassy. We got there at 7:45am and there was already a very large line waiting to get in, it was also raining...

We got to the first check point and had to show our interview appointment letter and our passports, we were then sent to Security Screening and had the backpack with our copies of everything x-rayed. We were then directed to Immigrant Visas. There was far more people going to the non-immigrant visas than were in our section.

We were given a number ticket 18407 (the numbers started at 18400) We then took a seat in the waiting hall, it was very busy even at 8:15am. Our appointment was for 8:30am so we knew we would have to wait. We sat there for about 50 mins and then our number was called.

We went up to the first window and the man explained that he would be checking that all our papers were in order and he would do our Fingerprints. He went through all the papers for both of us and said everything was there, he then did both of our fingerprints (thought I was going to end up with black fingers like you see on the TV but its all done electronicly) He then told us to take a seat and we would be called for our interview soon.

At 9:55am we were called for the interview, Our interviewr was a very young american lady. She explained that we were not to answer each others questions and then we had to take an oath to tell the truth. The officer first asked me (The Mum) " What does your daughter do for work?" and she then asked my husband "How old was your step-daughter when you and your wife married?" She then handed me all the original documents that we had sent to NVC, she then gave us both our chest x-rays and said " CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE APPROVED, WELCOME TO THE USA" We were both amazed that it was over so fast, I actually said "Oh is that it?" we were directed to the courier desk to pay for the delivery. We thanked the officer very much and went to pay the fee for the delivery of our passports abd the brown envelope.

We were outside by 10:15am, both very happy and relived it was all over. We have to thank our daughter for dealing with all the paperwork, all we had to do was sign were needed. So for us we will be arriving in our new home on Aug 7th..

Thank you all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Excellent News Tay :dance:

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

Congratulations Tay! That is great news.

Thanks for all the help with everyone's applications. I hope your parents have a smooth flight and arrival next week. Keep praying for the rest of us... this seems a worse wait than my original I-129F!

IR-5 FOR BOTH PARENTS

04/20/09 : I-130 Sent

04/27/09 : I-130 NOA1 Received

08/04/09 : I-130 Approved

08/10/09 : I-130 NOA2 Received

08/17/09 : NVC Received

08/17/09 : NVC Case Numbers issued

08/19/09 : Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill

08/19/09 : Paid I-864 Bill

08/19/09 : Return Completed DS-3032 (by email)

08/21/09 : Receive I-864 Package

08/21/09 : Return Completed I-864

09/04/09 : DS-3032 accepted

09/04/09 : Receive IV Bill

09/04/09 : Paid IV Bill

09/07/09 : I-864 Approved

09/09/09 : Returned Completed DS-230 package

09/11/09 : DS-230 received by NVC

09/23/09 : Case Complete NVC

09/29/09 : NVC Left

10/08/09 : Medical

11/30/09 : Interview Date - VISAS APPROVED!

12/05/09 : Visa Received

12/07/09 : US Entry (POE Atlanta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congrats!

Tell your mum she might still get her black finger, that's how they did fingerprints for me at PoE Newark!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Congratulation!!

IR5 Petition for Parents

01/20/2009 : Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)

01/23/2009 : Package delivered (USPS notification)

01/29/2009 : Check cashed ( for Father)

02/02/2009 : Check cashed (for Mother)

02/03/2009 : Received NOA as notice date on 29th Jan (Father)

02/06/2009 : Received NOA as notice date on 2nd Feb (Mom)

05/26/2009 : Received I130 Approval letter (notice date May 19, 2009)

06/06/2009 : Received DS-3032/I-864 Bill

06/06/2009 : Paid I-864 Bill Online

06/09/2009 : Return Completed DS-3032 (by email)

06/23/2009 : DS-3032 accepted (by email)

06/24/2009 : Received IV Bill

06/24/2009 : Paid IV Bill

06/26/2009 : Returned I-864 package

07/24/2009 : Returned DS 230 package

08/11/2009 : RFE sent to NVC for Petitioners Birth Certificate

08/21/2009 : Case Completed at NVC (As per AVR)

09/02/2009 : Interview date assigned for 10/14/2009

09/14/2009 : NVC Left

09/22/2009 : Embessy received documents

10/06/2009 : Medical completed

10/14/2009 : Medical submitted, finger print, asking for to come again on Oct 23rd.

10/23/2009 : Visa Approved

03/04/2010 : US Entry (Houston POE)

03/17/2010 : SS Cards Received

03/25/2010 : Received Welcome Letter

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We left the Marble Arch Holtel at 7:30am to walk to the Embassy. We got there at 7:45am and there was already a very large line waiting to get in, it was also raining...

We got to the first check point and had to show our interview appointment letter and our passports, we were then sent to Security Screening and had the backpack with our copies of everything x-rayed. We were then directed to Immigrant Visas. There was far more people going to the non-immigrant visas than were in our section.

We were given a number ticket 18407 (the numbers started at 18400) We then took a seat in the waiting hall, it was very busy even at 8:15am. Our appointment was for 8:30am so we knew we would have to wait. We sat there for about 50 mins and then our number was called.

We went up to the first window and the man explained that he would be checking that all our papers were in order and he would do our Fingerprints. He went through all the papers for both of us and said everything was there, he then did both of our fingerprints (thought I was going to end up with black fingers like you see on the TV but its all done electronicly) He then told us to take a seat and we would be called for our interview soon.

At 9:55am we were called for the interview, Our interviewr was a very young american lady. She explained that we were not to answer each others questions and then we had to take an oath to tell the truth. The officer first asked me (The Mum) " What does your daughter do for work?" and she then asked my husband "How old was your step-daughter when you and your wife married?" She then handed me all the original documents that we had sent to NVC, she then gave us both our chest x-rays and said " CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE APPROVED, WELCOME TO THE USA" We were both amazed that it was over so fast, I actually said "Oh is that it?" we were directed to the courier desk to pay for the delivery. We thanked the officer very much and went to pay the fee for the delivery of our passports abd the brown envelope.

We were outside by 10:15am, both very happy and relived it was all over. We have to thank our daughter for dealing with all the paperwork, all we had to do was sign were needed. So for us we will be arriving in our new home on Aug 7th..

Thank you all.

Congratulations Tay! Since your IR-5 petition is all complete, will you still be around? I hope you will be because your posts has been very helpful to most of the members here. =)

I-130 (IR-5) FOR BOTH PARENTS

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

09/17/09 : Mailed I-130 (through USPS Express Mail)

09/29/09 : Received NOA1 (dated 9/24)

01/21/10 : Received NOA2 (Petition Approved!)

NVC

02/04/10 : Received DS-3032 Packet in the e-mail

02/04/10 : Paid $70 AOS Fee and e-mailed DS-3032

02/06/10 : Mailed DS-3032 (through USPS Priority Mail)

02/11/10 : Mailed I-864 (through USPS Priority Mail)

02/16/10 : IV Bill Status Paid

02/25/10 : Mailed DS-230 Packet (through USPS Priority Mail)

03/01/10 : NVC received DS-230 Packet

03/12/10 : CASE COMPLETED

03/25/10 : Interview letter received (May 6, 2010)

04/27/10 : Medical - need to do Sputum Test (2 month delay)

07/13/10 : Interview

08/01/10 : Visa Delivered

Timeline

Thank you all.

Congratulations Tay! Since your IR-5 petition is all complete, will you still be around? I hope you will be because your posts has been very helpful to most of the members here. =)

Thank you all, Yes I will still be around and I will help if I can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.