TheWebbys

G-325a Form

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I need to know what happens when you can't remember specific dates for the G-325a form. It asks for all previous residents and employments and dates for the last 5 years. I know its not correct to leave them black and is probably highly UNrecommended.. but what choice do I have really? Some advice would be much appreciated ... :crying:

I married my British Husband strictly for financial purposes. My heart wrote a check and I cashed it. (L)

Timeline

So basically I'm gonna have to go to my local Social Security office and have them pull my work log.. shouldn't be a problem. But I really don't know how figure out my residential timeline. That's gonna be way more complicated.

I married my British Husband strictly for financial purposes. My heart wrote a check and I cashed it. (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline
I need to know what happens when you can't remember specific dates for the G-325a form. It asks for all previous residents and employments and dates for the last 5 years. I know its not correct to leave them black and is probably highly UNrecommended.. but what choice do I have really? Some advice would be much appreciated ... :crying:

I'm sure USCIS will not check your employment or residential history ... So essentially you do not need an accurate date on this form. This is a biography of you or your fiance(e) so needless to figure out the exact date. If you had moved a lot or employed at various company, just put some recently history down with dated. You do not need to go to your local SS office to get your work history information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Month and year is adequate. City and state (or country) of employment is also acceptable.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the replies and the advice. Guess we'll just have to figure it out the best we can. We will do as much digging and rummaging as it takes to get it right! :star:

Filed: Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hey Webbs' I hope you don't mind, I would like to piggyback on this thread since it looks like your answer has been answered.

Which version of the G-325A did you use? We are trying to figure out which one to use. The old version has all 4 copies on the pdf however we cant save our data. Also the old version has the use/purpose of each one at the bottom left corner. The new one does not have the use/purpose listed and it only comes with one sheet. I have been told if you use the new one, you should just use 4 exact copies and let the USCIS determine which copies go where. I've also been told we should use the old version b/c it has those use/purpose indications...but like I said, it is a royal pain since we cant save the data...and I'd rather use the newest one since it doesn't have an expired date at the top.

So what is the verdict? Thanks!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Lithuania

Event & Date

I-129F Sent: 2009-08-21

I-129F NOA1: 2009-08-25

I-129F RFE(s): N/A

RFE Reply(s): N/A

I-129F NOA2: 2009-10-07

Hey Webbs' I hope you don't mind, I would like to piggyback on this thread since it looks like your answer has been answered.

Which version of the G-325A did you use? We are trying to figure out which one to use. The old version has all 4 copies on the pdf however we cant save our data. Also the old version has the use/purpose of each one at the bottom left corner. The new one does not have the use/purpose listed and it only comes with one sheet. I have been told if you use the new one, you should just use 4 exact copies and let the USCIS determine which copies go where. I've also been told we should use the old version b/c it has those use/purpose indications...but like I said, it is a royal pain since we cant save the data...and I'd rather use the newest one since it doesn't have an expired date at the top.

Verdict in my mind is "better safe than sorry" and you should use the old version.

The USCIS website claims that "previous versions accepted".

Send 4 copies, with original signatures, whichever one you choose to use. If they decide they don't need them, then they can throw them out.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Verdict in my mind is "better safe than sorry" and you should use the old version.

Send 4 copies, with original signatures, whichever one you choose to use. If they decide they don't need them, then they can throw them out.

thanks for the quick reply! That is exactly what my girl is thinking. I called customer service too and I could tell the guy had no idea about the specifics. He was just saying follow the directions on the website and just use the new one. :blink:

as of now, we will use the old one unless someone can give some more clear guidance on the new one.

K-1 Visa

Event & Date

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

This is the one we are using. By your statements its obviously the old version but you should be able to save your information. There are two copies.. one is an example form .. and you can't save your information with that one. Haha, I figured that out the hard way.. did it myself and was wondering.. what the world is wrong with this thing.

Timeline

This is the newer version which is "savable." I would RATHER use this one as well but it seems like there is no clarity even from USCIS! So strange. I even read an article saying the new one is "flawed" but I think that the whole idea was to get rid of the specific destination for each copy. So I am assuming you just made 4 copies of page 1?

K-1 Visa

Event & Date

Timeline

I found this thread too so it looks like I'm not the only one pounding tylenol over this issue.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208368

K-1 Visa

Event & Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

spam removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Sillyness. It's now a one page form. Use the new one and follow the instructions that come with it. How much more simple can they make it?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.