waiting2008

i-751 returned to local office

24 posts in this topic

Need your help on that matter please.

i have filed my i-751 2008 august.

it has been almost a year since the case was transferred to different service centers.

I have called my congressmans office. the lady who was helping me told me that they have forwarded my case to local office.?/

any idea what is the next step is.? what would happen. ?

thank you

Yes sounds like you will be interviewed. Might like to prepare by gathering most recent evidence for your continuation of joint asset sharing, utility bills, mortgage/lease, latest tax transcripts etc...

Perhaps a mod could move this to Removing Conditions forum, where there are a few interview experiences that have been shared recently...

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Yes sounds like you will be interviewed. Might like to prepare by gathering most recent evidence for your continuation of joint asset sharing, utility bills, mortgage/lease, latest tax transcripts etc...

Perhaps a mod could move this to Removing Conditions forum, where there are a few interview experiences that have been shared recently...

Did anyone have such experience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I think for Interview.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It sounds like you will probably be scheduled for an interview. Don't let that stress you too much. USCIS has to interview a certain number of cases for statistical purposes and it could just be that yours was one of the ones chosen. There are a few here who have also had interviews but there are not very many. The VJ interview that comes to mind most recently was very straight forward - 10 minutes and a quick look at the paperwork - and they were approved.

Put together additional evidence from this past year (since you filed) to show that your marriage is still valid and you are still living together. Go over your application and make sure you bring the originals of the documents you sent in with the application with you. Good luck - and let us know how it goes.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My friend's husband got an email, saying the same thing. I remember it because she called me and asked me what it meant. But, after a few days, they got their approval email. Theirs was from August 2008 too.

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

it has been almost a year since the case was transferred to different service centers.

I have called my congressmans office. the lady who was helping me told me that they have forwarded my case to local office.?/

thank you

Hi,

Wish you good luck. Other folks have given you good info. Gather the evidence as much as you can, even make photocopies just in case if they want to keep one set.

Don't worry and be prepared. Let us know how it went for you.

thank you

Hi,

Wish you good luck. Other folks have given you good info. Gather the evidence as much as you can, even make photocopies just in case if they want to keep one set.

Don't worry and be prepared. Let us know how it went for you.

[i]...............................................................................

To All;

I want to thank everyone of you for your support and helpfull information. Just want to make it clear that i have not recieved any NOA regarding the transfer to local office by mail or email. It's the update i was told by the Congressman's office.

I hope everything will be fine at the end. It is just a little stressed out.

i will post updates as soon as i hear anything.

Thank you all again.

waiting2008

[/i] Edited by waiting2008

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you

Mine was also forwarded to our local office. After a year of filing my Removal I received an interview noticed of me and my husband to appear at our local office. We had an interview 5 days ago. I saw all my papers that I submitted last year. The officer only ask us couple of personal questions. She ask our 2008 income tax and joint insurance.

Just a piece of advice. Since next month is the 1yr anniversary of the submission of your I-751, try to give USCIS a call. If you are not satisfied, try to make an infopass.

Don't worry, I'm sure soon you'll get an interview notice in the mail.

Keep us updated!

8/26/09- received 10yr GC

N-400- done

Hey Waiting! Did you get any new info?

Hey,

I had infopass today. the lady said the case was at VT office. after telling her that the senate office found out the case that is in the office she has corrected herself.

she told me i should recieve an interview letter. since the 1 year extension about to expire i have asked for extexnsion. she said before the experition date i sould get the letter.

thank you

Hey,

I had infopass today. the lady said the case was at VT office. after telling her that the senate office found out the case that is in the office she has corrected herself.

she told me i should recieve an interview letter. since the 1 year extension about to expire i have asked for extexnsion. she said before the experition date i sould get the letter.

thank you

by the way, have forwarded my mail to a P.O box. is that a problem?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

thank you

Hey,

thank you

by the way, have forwarded my mail to a P.O box. is that a problem?

Interview is tomorrow. Wish us good luck guys. I will post the process later.

Edited by waiting2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks Let us know how it goes

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.