bonjur_mimi

Help!!ASAP!! Fiance doesn't want to get married...

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, everybody. My friend just called me and she said that her fiance wants tro send her back home. he doesn't want to get married her. but she wants to stay. is there any fine if fiance doesn't get married within 90 days? if she reports to immigration center can they talk to him and make him change his mind i mean some psychological session ?

thanks a lot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello, everybody. My friend just called me and she said that her fiance wants tro send her back home. he doesn't want to get married her. but she wants to stay. is there any fine if fiance doesn't get married within 90 days? if she reports to immigration center can they talk to him and make him change his mind i mean some psychological session ?

thanks a lot

Unfortunatly for your friend that is not an option, while he physically cannot force her on a plane, if they do not marry in 90 days than she would be considered over-staying and out of status. No one from immigration is going to try and convince her former fiance to marry her, thats not their job.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

thanks a lot

She has 90 days to get married. If she doesn't get married within the 90 days to the petitioner, she will be out of status. No way around it

Not sure what you mean by the immigration center.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

If they don't marry within 90 days she needs to leave. And she MUST marry the one that petitioned for her, not someone else!! If she stays and is out of status, she'll be in big trouble. She can't work. what she needs to do is go home before the 90th day. No one can "force" a marriage. If she stays, she'll have to answer to immigration at some point in her life, and it won't be pretty.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

thanks a lot

She has 90 days to get married. If she doesn't get married within the 90 days to the petitioner, she will be out of status. No way around it

thanks guys :) what if he had the responsibility bring her to here and now with no reason he just saying to her that he's not ready for that. i know it was very hard for me and my fiance to get this k-1 visa. but if he put so much effort and went through this visa process then why changes his mind. she loves him.. Proxy-Connection: keep-alive

Cache-Control: max-age=0

t no reason he doesn't want to marry her. are there any fines?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No, there are no fines or penalties for the USC.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

thanks a lot

thanks guys :) what if he had the responsibility bring her to here and now with no reason he just saying to her that he's not ready for that. i know it was very hard for me and my fiance to get this k-1 visa. but if he put so much effort and went through this visa process then why changes his mind. she loves him.. Proxy-Connection: keep-alive

I suppose you could look at the time and money that he invested in the process that he is essentially now throwing away as a fine. Ask yourself this have you ever heard of someone being fined for breaking off an engagment, immigration aside. The answer is likely no, if you're being honest with yourself.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Timeline
She has lost sight of the reason that HE petitioned her. At one time, they were in LOVE.

Now things have changed. If he fell out of love, then itz time for her to get her butt back on the plane and go HOME. :dance:

This is kind of insensitive, the beneficiary obviously had her heart set on building her HOME in the US.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

She has lost sight of the reason that HE petitioned her. At one time, they were in LOVE.

Now things have changed. If he fell out of love, then itz time for her to get her butt back on the plane and go HOME. :dance:

This is kind of insensitive, the beneficiary obviously had her heart set on building her HOME in the US.

thanks guys :) yeah, she set her heart in that guy and she is still in love with her. and she doesn't want to get her butt back...unfortunately

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

She needs to talk to him and ask him his thoughts. If he is feeling that the relationship isn't working, then maybe he can describe to her what he feels is wrong with the relationship. Maybe having him write a letter and giving it to her would make it easier for him to describe his feelings.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not sure of the time line, but if the beneficiary is here, they better figure it out quick.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thanks a lot

No, they will not attempt to change his mind. If he does not marry her there is no fine. She must return to her country.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thanks a lot

What? "Immigration centre" talking to him and trying to make him change his mind?? hahahahahaha are you serious???

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

thanks a lot

I suppose you could look at the time and money that he invested in the process that he is essentially now throwing away as a fine. Ask yourself this have you ever heard of someone being fined for breaking off an engagment, immigration aside. The answer is likely no, if you're being honest with yourself.

I seem to remember where a woman sued the man who backed out of marriage, here is a link to the story Jilted bride wins 150K

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.