1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Same thing here....just got an orange paper. He was told to come and pick up his passport.

I'm pretty sure that's considered an approval or else it would say AP.

So i'm sticking to ...we are approved!!!

Ohhhh I hope it is for both of us!! I cant wait to see him in the airport here and be the one picking him up instead of being picked up haha.. And forever!! OMG we can finally start our lives together inshallah :)

POE at JFK:01-26-2010

Wedding:02-03-2010

Filed AOS: 11-22-2010

AOS Accepted: 12-08-2010

NOA1 for AOS & EAD: 12-11-2010

Received Biometrics Appt: 12-16-2010

Biometrics Appt: 01-05-2011

Transferred to CSC: 01-13-2011

EAD Approved: 02-11-2011

EAD Received: 02-22-2011

AOS Approved: 03-07-2011

AOS Received: 03-14-2011

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh I hope it is for both of us!! I cant wait to see him in the airport here and be the one picking him up instead of being picked up haha.. And forever!! OMG we can finally start our lives together inshallah :)

I would say approval or they wouldnt have kept his passport!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Wow - such great news to find, YAY x 3!! Talk about a good day for our group, such a great Christmas gift, woohoo! You guys can finally take a deep breath and lower your shoulders for a little while. You made it so far, now all you need is for your sweeties to pick up their passports and then go grab them from the airport!! :D I'm so happy for everyone, here I was thinking mondays are always such dull days - not this one though :wub:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Wow - such great news to find, YAY x 3!! Talk about a good day for our group, such a great Christmas gift, woohoo! You guys can finally take a deep breath and lower your shoulders for a little while. You made it so far, now all you need is for your sweeties to pick up their passports and then go grab them from the airport!! :D I'm so happy for everyone, here I was thinking mondays are always such dull days - not this one though :wub:

Thanks Kristin! Now I have two things to look forward to, Christmas and when you get here! hehe. I cant believe that bad part is over! I still have 4 months before i see him but i just dont care, the worry is gone and i can be truly happy for the first time in 3 years! The future is bright my friends! woohoo!

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Thanks Kristin! Now I have two things to look forward to, Christmas and when you get here! hehe. I cant believe that bad part is over! I still have 4 months before i see him but i just dont care, the worry is gone and i can be truly happy for the first time in 3 years! The future is bright my friends! woohoo!

Absolutely! No more worries! The worse thing about this whole process is not knowing, and now you do! :D If you can survive three years and not knowing what will happen next, you can for sure do four months when you know there's a wedding waiting for you. I'm just so thrilled for you and Damo, so happy you don't have to worry anymore - and the last Christmas we have to spend without our fiancès (L) Now you can start looking into ticket prices and get an estimated date for when he will leave Australia to be with you for good, how great is that!?

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Absolutely! No more worries! The worse thing about this whole process is not knowing, and now you do! :D If you can survive three years and not knowing what will happen next, you can for sure do four months when you know there's a wedding waiting for you. I'm just so thrilled for you and Damo, so happy you don't have to worry anymore - and the last Christmas we have to spend without our fiancès (L) Now you can start looking into ticket prices and get an estimated date for when he will leave Australia to be with you for good, how great is that!?

That is the greatest news in the world!!!!! Ill be buying his ticket next month, we are looking at a poe date of the last week of march, not long at all!

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

That is the greatest news in the world!!!!! Ill be buying his ticket next month, we are looking at a poe date of the last week of march, not long at all!

Last week of march is less than four months, YAY! You'll be having him with you for the spring, that is so sweet - I love that season of the year. Finally starting to get warm again, without the weather getting too hot. Perfect for long, lazy walks hand-in-hand :D I'm so happy for you, Jules. I bet you'll get a real good night's sleep now (F) Tell Damo I said hi and congrats on the Visa!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats to all of you, What a good day this has been for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey Iowaseabee! Have you heard back from any congressional inquiry? I can't believe they have taken so long. Has there been any touches or notices?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline
Hey Iowaseabee! Have you heard back from any congressional inquiry? I can't believe they have taken so long. Has there been any touches or notices?

No touches or anything. My congressman's office was even told to wait until the 5 month timeframe was up. They have 2 days until that gets here. I'm not sure what to do next.

Edited by iowaseabee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
No touches or anything. My congressman's office was even told to wait until the 5 month timeframe was up. They have 2 days until that gets here. I'm not sure what to do next.

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that. You know what? I really think that all of the people in USCIS and NVC and whatever related departments are going on leave or in the complete holiday mood right now, so thats the reason for us to hear nothing at all. My case been approved but so far, like a month already, NVC still claim that they havent receive it. Probabaly, case lost or whatever worse that might happen...

try contacting congressman more and calling USCIS daily. I wish you all the best. Good luck.

Season

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that. You know what? I really think that all of the people in USCIS and NVC and whatever related departments are going on leave or in the complete holiday mood right now, so thats the reason for us to hear nothing at all. My case been approved but so far, like a month already, NVC still claim that they havent receive it. Probabaly, case lost or whatever worse that might happen...

try contacting congressman more and calling USCIS daily. I wish you all the best. Good luck.

Season

I can't beleve either of you have not gotten to the consulate stage, it's ridiculous!! I don't understand the delays, not Steve's nor yours. NVC kept telling us it could take 3-6 weeks as well, but in reality it was there in a week or so. Seeing how that's the case with most people, I just don't see why your case would be lost somewhere for a month! I hope you've contacted your congressman as well, not to mention pestering NVC daily on the phone!

How annoying for you guys :angry:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Timeline
I can't beleve either of you have not gotten to the consulate stage, it's ridiculous!! I don't understand the delays, not Steve's nor yours. NVC kept telling us it could take 3-6 weeks as well, but in reality it was there in a week or so. Seeing how that's the case with most people, I just don't see why your case would be lost somewhere for a month! I hope you've contacted your congressman as well, not to mention pestering NVC daily on the phone!

How annoying for you guys :angry:

Kristen you must be so excited. Less than a week to go.

Season, I believe you might be right about everyone thinking they are on holiday leave already.

Kristen you must be so excited. Less than a week to go.

Season, I believe you might be right about everyone thinking they are on holiday leave already.

Oh yes - I am super excited! I have not packed my stuff yet, LOL, I suppose I better have it wrapped up soon - there's just so much stuff I'd like to bring with me, and so little room for it. I am more than ready to board that plane and get going though! In a week from now I'll be with him (L)

So sorry your case is being so incredible slow, I can't believe they even told your congressman's office to wait for the 5M limit, I mean c'mon, there's less than a week left for that and obviously nothing has happened yet. Hopefully things will pick up again once we're done with the holidays so you can finally get your approval! How's Marina dealing with everything? :)

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Timeline
Oh yes - I am super excited! I have not packed my stuff yet, LOL, I suppose I better have it wrapped up soon - there's just so much stuff I'd like to bring with me, and so little room for it. I am more than ready to board that plane and get going though! In a week from now I'll be with him (L)

So sorry your case is being so incredible slow, I can't believe they even told your congressman's office to wait for the 5M limit, I mean c'mon, there's less than a week left for that and obviously nothing has happened yet. Hopefully things will pick up again once we're done with the holidays so you can finally get your approval! How's Marina dealing with everything? :)

She seems to be doing better than I am at the moment. I am ready to send my congressman a reminder so that maybe something will get done soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.