1,945 posts in this topic

Apparently I can not get my message to post when I typing it from my phone.... oops

Anyway - Yes we included the letters of intent and when I send everything to my fiance I will be sending an original for him to take with him to his interview ...... whenever that time gets here!

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Hi Everyone :-)

No no ... No updates. Lol

But I do have a question...

How many of you included a letter of intent in your k1 visa app??? This is for the uscis stage not for the respective consulate requirements.

Thank you.

A signed letter of intent is required by both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as part of the application package sent to USCIS.

Ok so there is not enough chocolate in my house to deal with this stress.

(As I munch away at my little chocolate cookies)

So I was glancing at the k1 visa forum and i read that a letter of intent needs to be included in the k1 visa app for uscis and I nearly fainted!!!!! (after I cursed out my attorney in my head)

I only submitted the following:

1. k1 app i-129

2. biographical summary for me and him

3. story of us

4. photos

5. emails

I did NOT include letter of intent and my attorney did not mention anything about a letter of intent.

I'm kind of pissed to say the least. But at least I can anticipate an RFE.

I am so mad actually.

Oh, so you hired an attorney? we didn't really hire one but we paid 400USD to one attorney just to 'review' and 'check' on our papers and evidence and all other documents, to make sure that we prepared enough. But guess what? he was saying that the passport stamp is not compulsary but optional. What happened was I didn't have a scanner that time and not convenient to scan the documents so I didn't hand in the passport stamp. It was my bad as well coz I didn't really check through all the required documents over here at VJ since I was naive enough to think that an attorney will know 'everything' and he could take care for the rest. So, I got a RFE last week for 'proof of meeting' within the passed 2 years. Though, I expected this already so had all documents ready and was able to reply to that in one day.

My conclusion-never hire an attonery unless it's really necessary, and if you really have to, get a really good one. Like us, we threw 400 USD into the drain and ended up having the process being delayed! *sigh!

All the best! You will get it soon! DOn't worry! It's just a matter of time!! Patience can be a virtue sometimes. :P

Edited by season

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How many of you included a letter of intent in your k1 visa app??? This is for the uscis stage not for the respective consulate requirements.

Thank you.

A signed letter of intent is required by both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as part of the application package sent to USCIS.

So I was glancing at the k1 visa forum and i read that a letter of intent needs to be included in the k1 visa app for uscis and I nearly fainted!!!!! (after I cursed out my attorney in my head)

1. k1 app i-129

3. story of us

4. photos

5. emails

I did NOT include letter of intent and my attorney did not mention anything about a letter of intent.

I am so mad actually.

Oh, so you hired an attorney? we didn't really hire one but we paid 400USD to one attorney just to 'review' and 'check' on our papers and evidence and all other documents, to make sure that we prepared enough. But guess what? he was saying that the passport stamp is not compulsary but optional. What happened was I didn't have a scanner that time and not convenient to scan the documents so I didn't hand in the passport stamp. It was my bad as well coz I didn't really check through all the required documents over here at VJ since I was naive enough to think that an attorney will know 'everything' and he could take care for the rest. But, guess what? I got an RFE last week for 'proof of meeting' within the passed 2 years. Though, I expected this already so had all documents ready and was able to reply to that in one day.

My conclusion-never hire an attonery unless it's really necessary, and if you really have to, get a really good one. Like us, we threw 400 USD into the drain and ended up having the process being delayed! *sigh!

All the best! You will get it soon! DOn't worry! It's just a matter of time!! Patience can be a virtue sometimes. :P

Ditto to that. As the legal assistant at my attorneys office kept telling me we have to wait for NVC to request the affdavit and then submit it. That is completely false for a fiance petition you submit everything to your fiance to take with him to the interview. Now I am taking care of the rest of the journey and its been going well on my own. I think they help you out to a certain extent, and then its up to you to make sure it is perfect.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Thank you.

1. k1 app i-129

3. story of us

4. photos

5. emails

I am so mad actually.

Oh, so you hired an attorney? we didn't really hire one but we paid 400USD to one attorney just to 'review' and 'check' on our papers and evidence and all other documents, to make sure that we prepared enough. But guess what? he was saying that the passport stamp is not compulsary but optional. What happened was I didn't have a scanner that time and not convenient to scan the documents so I didn't hand in the passport stamp. It was my bad as well coz I didn't really check through all the required documents over here at VJ since I was naive enough to think that an attorney will know 'everything' and he could take care for the rest. But, guess what? I got an RFE last week for 'proof of meeting' within the passed 2 years. Though, I expected this already so had all documents ready and was able to reply to that in one day.

Ditto to that. As the legal assistant at my attorneys office kept telling me we have to wait for NVC to request the affdavit and then submit it. That is completely false for a fiance petition you submit everything to your fiance to take with him to the interview. Now I am taking care of the rest of the journey and its been going well on my own. I think they help you out to a certain extent, and then its up to you to make sure it is perfect.

Well I paid more than 400.00 and he just kept saying it's fine it's fine!!!!! and you don't want to hear the other booboo ...he also told me that form g325 doesn't have to be an original from my fiance ...so i submitted the scanned copy!!!!!!!! i should have known better. I wish I had known about VJ sooner ..and really did this on my own thanks to this site. But I too relied on his 40+ years of experience and reputation. I was dumb. But I have told myself that I'll be doing the rest on my own. And this week I'll be getting all my ducks in a row for the anticipated RFE. Oh yeah he also told me I didn't need an actual passport photo of my fiance and that a close up of him (like a passport) would suffice!! hahahahaha this is soooooooooo not my night!!!!!

But I'll take care of it - needless to say there is NOTHING i can do until my stupid app is looked at and at this point it appears that it is still sitting somewhere in an endless cave of unattended to files.

:rofl::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Timeline

Thank you.

1. k1 app i-129

3. story of us

4. photos

5. emails

I am so mad actually.

Well I paid more than 400.00 and he just kept saying it's fine it's fine!!!!! and you don't want to hear the other booboo ...he also told me that form g325 doesn't have to be an original from my fiance ...so i submitted the scanned copy!!!!!!!! i should have known better. I wish I had known about VJ sooner ..and really did this on my own thanks to this site. But I too relied on his 40+ years of experience and reputation. I was dumb. But I have told myself that I'll be doing the rest on my own. And this week I'll be getting all my ducks in a row for the anticipated RFE. Oh yeah he also told me I didn't need an actual passport photo of my fiance and that a close up of him (like a passport) would suffice!! hahahahaha this is soooooooooo not my night!!!!!

But I'll take care of it - needless to say there is NOTHING i can do until my stupid app is looked at and at this point it appears that it is still sitting somewhere in an endless cave of unattended to files.

:rofl::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Well, I guess I can give some credit to my attorneys office for making sure I gave them the correct size of his passport photos. I had to have my fiance send over another set of photos just to make sure they were the required size. M and F after you get your approval just start doing everything on your own. Don't wait around for your attorney sounds like they have not been much of a help in your case. I am doing everything on my own now. I feel ridiculous that I did not do this before. But, I guess we all learn from our mistakes.

Star

I have to say I love our attorney. He was actually refered to me by someone I know that use to work in the local seattle immigration office. When I went into talk to him I interviewed him and asked him tons of questions before i decided to let him process our case for us. They have been amazing! I really have no worries at all when it comes to things getting typed up correctly. Was funny cause he actually tried to refuse to take my K1 case cause it is hard sometimes due to the people not collecting enough evidence of being together, that he prefers to do k3s. Yeah so I dropped my zipped up notebook on his desk with my 3 years worth of proof that we were a couple. His reaction was,'holy #######.' Ok then fine ill take the case lol. and he actually said that i really didnt need him, so when he said that I knew he was honest and knew what he was doing. His wife works there in his office with him, he brought her over on a k1 30 years ago, and their son is now his partner in the firm. so funny. all they do is immigration. So it just depends on who you hire. In the end i think its worth my sanity to have him help me out. We just got packet 3 last night so he must be doing something right lol.

Edited by lyekka

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline
I have to say I love our attorney. He was actually refered to me by someone I know that use to work in the local seattle immigration office. When I went into talk to him I interviewed him and asked him tons of questions before i decided to let him process our case for us. They have been amazing! I really have no worries at all when it comes to things getting typed up correctly. Was funny cause he actually tried to refuse to take my K1 case cause it is hard sometimes due to the people not collecting enough evidence of being together, that he prefers to do k3s. Yeah so I dropped my zipped up notebook on his desk with my 3 years worth of proof that we were a couple. His reaction was,'holy #######.' Ok then fine ill take the case lol. and he actually said that i really didnt need him, so when he said that I knew he was honest and knew what he was doing. His wife works there in his office with him, he brought her over on a k1 30 years ago, and their son is now his partner in the firm. so funny. all they do is immigration. So it just depends on who you hire. In the end i think its worth my sanity to have him help me out. We just got packet 3 last night so he must be doing something right lol.

I am glad you got a good attorney that is honest and efficient. My attorney is just so busy with other cases that I think fiance visas are not their priority. The attorney is very knowledgable, but does not have the staff to back her up. So, it gets frustrating when they provide information that is confusing.

Wow that was fast for you to recieve packet 3. Congrats!! Yay things are moving so fast.

I am glad you got a good attorney that is honest and efficient. My attorney is just so busy with other cases that I think fiance visas are not their priority. The attorney is very knowledgable, but does not have the staff to back her up. So, it gets frustrating when they provide information that is confusing.

Wow that was fast for you to recieve packet 3. Congrats!! Yay things are moving so fast.

Thanks star! Yeah Im pretty excited to have the ball back in our court now. You spend so many months waiting on others to process your papers then finally you get packet 3 and realize that its all up to you to get it all together, no more waiting on them! Its a good feeling, trying to hold onto that instead of stressing about all we have to get done.

hugs to all on here, im cheering for everyone!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

:dance::dance::dance:

The sweetest message I ever received at 11:30 PM at night

Post-Decision Activity

On October 22, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations

I hope evryone else get one of these tomorrow

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Post-Decision Activity

On October 22, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations

Congrats congrats congrats!!!!!! woooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :) sweet dreams!!!!

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Post-Decision Activity

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys! I was hoping we'd see something by the weekend and this is excellent news. You guys must be so happy and I hope you'll have a great weekend :dance::dance::dance:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats, glad to see them rolling again.

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay for your NOA2!!! More to come I'm sure :)

M and F, what are you referring to as "our story" and "letter of intent"? I ask this because I think I may have done the same thing, but I did still receive my NOA2 without RFE. We answered the "how did you meet" question in great detail but that was it. I didn't hire an attorney and only found this site a little while ago. I'm glad I know more now, but I followed the filing instructions for the I129f and all went ok...so far. I really have my fingers crossed for you!

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

Post-Decision Activity

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance: Dancin' in ChiTown for ya!! :dance::dance:

Congratulations!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Jewel...(or anyone else who may know)

you have me a little worried lol.. i sent my IV-15 form and checklist to the embassy today but have not sent in any of the documents or other forms you download from the link you get on packet 3. The way I read it is that you dont have to send anything other than the checklist and IV-15?? have i made a mistake??

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.