10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancé got her visa and entered the us

three weeks ago and we got married last week. We could not get the certified

copy on the spot in Los angeles and are still

waiting for it by express mail.

I don't have a clue about what to do or file

next. I keep reading that I can't do and adjustment of status

until the certified copy arrives. Do I just sit and wait?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

pretty much, gather all the other evidence and prepare and assemble the forms awaiting the certificate

moving to AOS forum

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

pretty much, gather all the other evidence and prepare and assemble the forms awaiting the certificate

moving to AOS forum

Read the filing for AOS guide. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You also want to look into medical forms does your Fiance have all of the required vaccinations for AOS? (dependent on age).

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

So is the AOS guide for family based visas the same for K1? Isn't K1 considered a non immigrant visa?

Also, my wife had a medical exam during her K1 fiance visa interview (2 days before) but didn't get vaccinated for some reason ... does she just need to get vaccinated or have another medical exam.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So is the AOS guide for family based visas the same for K1? Isn't K1 considered a non immigrant visa?

Also, my wife had a medical exam during her K1 fiance visa interview (2 days before) but didn't get vaccinated for some reason ... does she just need to get vaccinated or have another medical exam.

Yes, the AOS guide for family based visas is the same for K-1 except you don't need to file an I-130 - just the I-485 itself (plus the supporting documents). Your wife is now part of your family.

She will need to have all of the necessary vaccinations required for her age, although if they are a sequence of vaccinations (ie. gardasil), she doesn't need to have completed the whole sequence, just have proof she has started. She can get the missing vaccinations from your family doctor or even from a health clinic - whichever is cheaper for you. She will need to take proof of the vaccinations she has had to the civil surgeon in the US who will transfer the information to the appropriate medical form. She DOES NOT require a whole new medical if her last medical was done within the last 12 months. Many civil surgeons will try to tell you that she does. If they won't just do the transfer and insist on doing a complete new medical, find a different civil surgeon. You will need to include the vaccination information from the civil surgeon in with the AOS application.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm filing out the 485 Form. It asks for a social security number ... can she get a social security number before adjustment of status?

(1) I'm still waiting on my certified marriage certificate (another 2 weeks), so I'm wondering if she can get a social security number before applying for the 485 form will she get one before I have to send her packet.

(2) For Non Immigrant Visa Number -- Do I enter the control number, her country's passport information or what? =/

I'm lost, the guide is very helpful but I suck at filing forms.

Edited by EdwardK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.