rebeccajo

Ohio boy sells his toys to help his family

187 posts in this topic

No, it's not about $ and cents, it's about someone who will actually follow through on an offer like that KNOWING that it will not make enough of a difference to be meaningful and then the kid is left with nothing and no possibility of getting anything new (not if the father is acting responsibly that is, which I DOUBT).

Essentially, the kid is taking on the lions share of sacrifice. I would not do that to any kid of mine, period.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hardly. No father should allow a kid to sell his toys and take the money to pay debts, especially as a meaningless gesture to be proclaimed in the news, 'oh my boy's so special blah blah'. Sure, it's cool that he offered but to take him up on it? Seriously, how much can a bunch of second hand toys be worth on the open market? Who does that? Only someone who is willing to ####### out their kids to the media. It's manipulative and not the sort of thing a responsible parent would indulge in. I am surprised at you, particularly after all those snide remarks you made about octomom.

How the ** do you know how CNN found out about this kid? You're being presumptuous and a bore.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes I have seen bits and pieces of this one, chose not to add to the discussion :innocent:

I personally would sell myself before I let my kid start to sell her ####### off............

oh really :devil:

UH HUH

have you by any chance read any of this?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88120

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Timeline
One thing is for little Zach to say "ohaiI will sell my toys to help out"... another VERY different is for the dad to go on media whoring when it is HIS fault they are in the sh1ts. that is one "dad" I would NEVER be proud of -- a complete chopfvck.

Exactly.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
No, it's not about $ and cents, it's about someone who will actually follow through on an offer like that KNOWING that it will not make enough of a difference to be meaningful and then the kid is left with nothing and no possibility of getting anything new (not if the father is acting responsibly that is, which I DOUBT).

Essentially, the kid is taking on the lions share of sacrifice. I would not do that to any kid of mine, period.

Whatever, MC. The boy has a good set of values in my book. Every parent raises their children differently.

Whatever, MC. The boy has a good set of values in my book. Every parent raises their children differently.

The kid has good values. The daddy, not so much.

Agreed.

Timeline

For what? Allowing CNN to do a story about his situation? Nonsense.

No one is saying the kid doesn't have a huge heart, but what on earth would possess a father to actually carry it out and sell them and then BRAG about it through the media, eh?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Kind of like the blue collar worker bailing out the rich banker?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

For what? Allowing CNN to do a story about his situation? Nonsense.

No, for allowing the kid to not be a kid knowing full well his 'sacrifice' would be a meaningless gesture of not even short term benefit.

No, not for allowing the news to do the story, for allowing it to BECOME a story. It should never have become one, his toys should not have been sold as some kind of empty gesture, which is all it amounts to. Even if he had something of real value, I wouldn't sell it if it was me, however chuffed I would be if my kid made the offer.

No, not for allowing the news to do the story, for allowing it to BECOME a story. It should never have become one, his toys should not have been sold as some kind of empty gesture, which is all it amounts to. Even if he had something of real value, I wouldn't sell it if it was me, however chuffed I would be if my kid made the offer.

The dad is just another underachiever loser schmuck who cares more about empty gestures and feel-good garbage.

Timeline

Riiiiight.