simps

I-130 july approvals

166 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with the phone thing, Lgg! I called this morning to give them my email address and the CSR "Jan" was super nice. She even pronounced my husband's name right! She also didn't laugh at me when she asked me for the beneficiary's name and I gave my name instead *lol*.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Yep, so far they've been awesome, there's a bit of levity with them and I spoke to a super nice guy today named Jay -- they have been patient and polite and really? That takes some sting off the wait.

Good luck, Mal...

:)

LGG

I agree with the phone thing, Lgg! I called this morning to give them my email address and the CSR "Jan" was super nice. She even pronounced my husband's name right! She also didn't laugh at me when she asked me for the beneficiary's name and I gave my name instead *lol*.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

I agree that NVC was way nicer than USCIS has ever been to me. I'm not even as nervous when I call them. And I have this giant issue with calling people on the phone. I have no idea why.

But hopefully someone has some imput on my next issue.

Age is just a number, that is very very true, and I'm sure maturity plays a big role in this sort of thing as well.

So, I'm worried about my interview simply because I'm barely 20. ): I like to round up. Please don't ask me why.

I've known my husband since 04-05. We met randomly on the game Ragnarok Online and we were great, amazing friends up until 07, in which we took the next step and started dating.

We've visited each other several times. He joined the US Army in July 2008 and from that point it because very hard to see each other. We saw each other in My 08 for a week, July 08 for 2 weeks, October for 2 days (I flew down for his basic training graduation), we spent 2 weeks in December 08 together as well. And then we saw each other again this past February and, we talked and concluded that we couldn't stand being apart anymore.

We would have waited longer to marry, but his job (military) is very unpredictable and I never know when he'll get leave. So that's another reason. But mainly we married because we are best friends, we're deeply in love with each other and there is so many other reasons. Oh, and we never have awkward silences and there is never a dull moment with us. (I'll stop going on about it now.) But my family has met him several times, and they loved him and I've met his family and it was the same outcome.

We have years worth of evidence and piles of chat logs, mountains of pictures, snail mail letters, I still have one of the roses he sent me as a ''just because'' and I'm sure it won't be a giant problem. I'm just worried, simply because they may think that I'm not old enough to know what I want.

I know there are some things that I am still learning about and I sure as heck aren't sure what I want to do career wise (which is why I am taking general studies). At 14 when I first met him, I never thought that we'd be where we are today, but this is what I want, and I've never faltered with these thoughts and feelings.

Also, we just spent the last 2 weeks together, they were simply amazing. =)

(And we got TONS of pictures too.)

I just had to vent guys. Thank you so much for being such amazing friends and supports. =)

You have my love. Seriously. <3

Edited by Ber + Ter

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Timeline

Hay,

Do NOT worry about it @ all. You will be just fine. tell the truth, show your documents and nobody can say a word.

Hope you will have a very wonderful life ahead of you.

I agree that NVC was way nicer than USCIS has ever been to me. I'm not even as nervous when I call them. And I have this giant issue with calling people on the phone. I have no idea why.

Age is just a number, that is very very true, and I'm sure maturity plays a big role in this sort of thing as well.

So, I'm worried about my interview simply because I'm barely 20. ): I like to round up. Please don't ask me why.

I've known my husband since 04-05. We met randomly on the game Ragnarok Online and we were great, amazing friends up until 07, in which we took the next step and started dating. We've visited each other several times. He joined the US Army in July 2008 and from that point it because very hard to see each other. We got the chance this past February however and, we decided that we couldn't stand being apart anymore. We would have waited longer to marry, but his job (military) is very unpredictable and I never know when he'll get leave. So that's another reason. But mainly we married because we are best friends, we're deeply in love with each other and there is so many other reasons. Oh, and we never have awkward silences and there is never a dull moment with us. (I'll stop going on about it now.) But my family has met him several times, and they loved him and I've met his family and it was the same outcome.

We have years worth of evidence and piles of chat logs, mountains of pictures, snail mail letters, I still have one of the roses he sent me as a ''just because'' and I'm sure it won't be a giant problem. I'm just worried, simply because they may think that I'm not old enough to know what I want.

I know there are some things that I am still learning about and I sure as heck aren't sure what I want to do career wise (which is why I am taking general studies). At 14 when I first met him, I never thought that we'd be where we are today, but this is what I want, and I've never faltered with these thoughts and feelings.

I just had to vent guys. Thank you so much for being such amazing friends and supports. =)

Timeline

Trust me, I do my best to tell the truth at all times. I even told POE that I was seeing my fiance at 18 and 19. They gave me funny looks, grilled me, and gave me even more funny looks but they always let me through in the end. I'd rather not say I'm just visiting friends, you never know when they might ask for more details. I'd rather not get caught in a lie. Haha. =)

dev356pr___.png

Filed: Timeline

I just wish we can get our NVC # ASAP. I just hate waiting and waiting and waiting.

I can run 40 miles if you tell me so but I can't wait.

Trust me, I do my best to tell the truth at all times. I even told POE that I was seeing my fiance at 18 and 19. They gave me funny looks, grilled me, and gave me even more funny looks but they always let me through in the end. I'd rather not say I'm just visiting friends, you never know when they might ask for more details. I'd rather not get caught in a lie. Haha. =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i called USCIS today and they sent our receipt on friday so i m hoping they will have it in the system by wednesday or so. i suggest the other members who didnt get in the system yet call USCIS and see if they sent theirs too. hopefully we all get the numbers soon.

interview date- 11/06/2009

visa approved! 11/17/2009.. pheww!!

received passport-11/20/2009

entered in US- 12/14/2009

POE- New york

welcome received- 02/01/2010

green card received- 02/08/2010

removal of condition-12/15/2011

ROC package sent to CSC- 09/21/2011

http://craftychefcooking.blogspot.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey ber lol always complaining about 20's.. I m 22 i don't care how they gonna look at or how they will act, just enjoy ur life sweetie.. people gonna look at u funny and will forget u in few moments why we have to mess up our time only thinking about that.. :lol: u r married legally and none can do anything to u.

still no case number assign :( i wish i can kick their asses.. Thats the same thing they told my hubby 2 to 4 weeks.. jerk..

I've known my husband since 04-05. We met randomly on the game Ragnarok Online and we were great, amazing friends up until 07, in which we took the next step and started dating.

We've visited each other several times. He joined the US Army in July 2008 and from that point it because very hard to see each other. We saw each other in My 08 for a week, July 08 for 2 weeks, October for 2 days (I flew down for his basic training graduation), we spent 2 weeks in December 08 together as well. And then we saw each other again this past February and, we talked and concluded that we couldn't stand being apart anymore.

We would have waited longer to marry, but his job (military) is very unpredictable and I never know when he'll get leave. So that's another reason. But mainly we married because we are best friends, we're deeply in love with each other and there is so many other reasons. Oh, and we never have awkward silences and there is never a dull moment with us. (I'll stop going on about it now.) But my family has met him several times, and they loved him and I've met his family and it was the same outcome.

Also, we just spent the last 2 weeks together, they were simply amazing. =)

(And we got TONS of pictures too.)

interview date- 11/06/2009

visa approved! 11/17/2009.. pheww!!

received passport-11/20/2009

entered in US- 12/14/2009

POE- New york

welcome received- 02/01/2010

green card received- 02/08/2010

removal of condition-12/15/2011

ROC package sent to CSC- 09/21/2011

http://craftychefcooking.blogspot.com/

Timeline

But I'm not even 20, I'm 19. But, I'm very very mature for my age. And life is good. =) It's just, when people ask me why I married and why I love my husband, I'm at a loss for words. I just, love everything. Except when he snores.

But mrs. simps! On the bright side, when they tell each of us the same thing, then that means, they're not necessarily lying. I'd rather they tell us the same thing, rather than each of us getting different answers. :lol:

dev356pr___.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We also just got a our I-130 approval on the 10th of July!!! Whahoo! And now waiting for a number and the packet.

So, I have a question. Anyone out there doing this overseas? I'm living in Thailand and doing all this processing through Bangkok, so I'm wondering how different my procedure will be from you guys state-side.

So far it has been way quicker than what I have seen posted, but from here on out I'm curious how long to get the packet and once submitted how long to get an interview day.

Anyone ever file the I-CR from Bangkok?!?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
But I'm not even 20, I'm 19. But, I'm very very mature for my age. And life is good. =) It's just, when people ask me why I married and why I love my husband, I'm at a loss for words. I just, love everything. Except when he snores.

But mrs. simps! On the bright side, when they tell each of us the same thing, then that means, they're not necessarily lying. I'd rather they tell us the same thing, rather than each of us getting different answers. :lol:

Ber+ Ter

This is what i have heard and have always beleived in:

"First they will ignore you

Then they will Laugh at you

Then they will Fight you

and finally you will Win. "

- By Mohan Das Karamchand Gandhi

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

Timeline
We also just got a our I-130 approval on the 10th of July!!! Whahoo! And now waiting for a number and the packet.

So, I have a question. Anyone out there doing this overseas? I'm living in Thailand and doing all this processing through Bangkok, so I'm wondering how different my procedure will be from you guys state-side.

So far it has been way quicker than what I have seen posted, but from here on out I'm curious how long to get the packet and once submitted how long to get an interview day.

Anyone ever file the I-CR from Bangkok?!?!

I'm the USC and I live in Canada. :)

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Ber+ Ter

This is what i have heard and have always beleived in:

"First they will ignore you

Then they will Laugh at you

Then they will Fight you

and finally you will Win. "

- By Mohan Das Karamchand Gandhi

Thank you so much for the words for encouragement. My age and this process is the only thing I've been stressing over lately. :lol: But turns out, it's not uncommon for military to marry young either. Hmm. :P

dev356pr___.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

ber+ter,

I would not sweat a bit over your situation. Seriously, but rather be so happy that you have so much life and years to live a married life with your love. Love is what matters, not age ( my thinking) :) I wish you all the best.

Oh, by the way did you call NVC and find your case number. All those that have been waiting for the NVC number, did you get your numbers. Keep on calling. dont wait around and try to speak to an operator so that you can give them your email address. That is one way they will send DS-3032 and AOS feel bill in your emails.

I feel lonely here in July Approval. LGG is ahead of me, and others are behind. Only thing is the path is well lit up.:)

I am about to pay my IV fee bills. Where is everyone else ? lol

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.