Brian&Naty

THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A very big THANK YOU to all the members of VJ whom have helped Naty and myself through our long and sometimes frustrating K-1 process. Naty was approved on July 16th, 2009 in Manila.

I am pretty certain without the assistance I found on here, I do not know what I would have done. Visajourney is a tremendous community with so many good and decent people. I cannot say thank you enough.

LOOKING BACK.

In retrospect, the bumps in the road were more based on emotions rather than the actual process itself. Like anything else, its the "not knowing" that rattles the nerves.

In comparison to others on here, it seems that my journey along this path with Naty was rather tame. My heart goes out to those whom have run into missing documentation, failed medicals, mis-understandings, and the collapse of relationships when the burdens becomes too hard. There are reasons for everything in life and even a loss is still a gain in what we can learn about who we are when the going gets tough.

As petitioners, the majority of us are where we are going to be when our significint others join us. For our spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, and their children, they are leaving the life they know behind, their friends, family, neighbors, the surroundings, good or bad, it takes a lot of courage no matter the circumstances. I told Naty to go out and take pictures of everything she sees everyday. The house and the neighbors, the salon she worked in for so many years. Anything and everything. This will be her history to reflect on and to remind her of home. Funny how even a photo of a doorway can tell a story years later.

Having said that; is what I am bringing to the table, is it better?, is it worse?, is it worth the sacrifice on Naty's part? There is just no way to tell. Prayer and faith has taken us this far, It will have to take us the rest of the way.

It has been 4 long years and during the last 2, we have been fortunate in that I was able to provide Naty with a laptop and webcam so we could chat anytime. There is just no way to oversell the importance of having daily contact. If you can do it, make it so.

For Naty and myself, This part of the journey is coming to an end and a new and ever more challenging journey begins. We will marry on August 21st, 2009, exactly 4 years to the day when I first met Naty in an Internet cafe.

For those of you still waiting. Keep your hopes high and you prayers loud and often. Believe in each other and more importantly, believe in yourself. Every storm ends, every mountain has a summit. For every setback there is a victory just in the offing. You will wake up one day with your sweetheart by your side sooner than you think. Gods speed.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Congrats :dance:

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

YAY for you guys! Congratulations :dance:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
A very big THANK YOU to all the members of VJ whom have helped Naty and myself through our long and sometimes frustrating K-1 process. Naty was approved on July 16th, 2009 in Manila.

I am pretty certain without the assistance I found on here, I do not know what I would have done. Visajourney is a tremendous community with so many good and decent people. I cannot say thank you enough.

LOOKING BACK.

In retrospect, the bumps in the road were more based on emotions rather than the actual process itself. Like anything else, its the "not knowing" that rattles the nerves.

In comparison to others on here, it seems that my journey along this path with Naty was rather tame. My heart goes out to those whom have run into missing documentation, failed medicals, mis-understandings, and the collapse of relationships when the burdens becomes too hard. There are reasons for everything in life and even a loss is still a gain in what we can learn about who we are when the going gets tough.

As petitioners, the majority of us are where we are going to be when our significint others join us. For our spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, and their children, they are leaving the life they know behind, their friends, family, neighbors, the surroundings, good or bad, it takes a lot of courage no matter the circumstances. I told Naty to go out and take pictures of everything she sees everyday. The house and the neighbors, the salon she worked in for so many years. Anything and everything. This will be her history to reflect on and to remind her of home. Funny how even a photo of a doorway can tell a story years later.

Having said that; is what I am bringing to the table, is it better?, is it worse?, is it worth the sacrifice on Naty's part? There is just no way to tell. Prayer and faith has taken us this far, It will have to take us the rest of the way.

It has been 4 long years and during the last 2, we have been fortunate in that I was able to provide Naty with a laptop and webcam so we could chat anytime. There is just no way to oversell the importance of having daily contact. If you can do it, make it so.

For Naty and myself, This part of the journey is coming to an end and a new and ever more challenging journey begins. We will marry on August 21st, 2009, exactly 4 years to the day when I first met Naty in an Internet cafe.

For those of you still waiting. Keep your hopes high and you prayers loud and often. Believe in each other and more importantly, believe in yourself. Every storm ends, every mountain has a summit. For every setback there is a victory just in the offing. You will wake up one day with your sweetheart by your side sooner than you think. Gods speed.

Well said Brian, Best of luck to the two of you and Congratulations once again :yes:

2010.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

" MARRIED"

Thanks be to god

49893.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports

not seeking any k-1 advice, status update information.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Congratulations and best wishes in advance!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulions on the approval. :star:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.