msdelila

I've been sucked in by VJ

245 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm still shocked by the OPs ridiculous justifications.

Wait....no I'm not.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Me too. Susita's great.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Oh and YEAH! MENA NOW IN THE HOUSE.....Watch out OP!!!

As I've been reminded on several occasions, Israel is part of MENA too. Despite the obvious political and religious tensions in the area, there are also many cultural and other similarities. Israeli cuisine is largely based on Middle Eastern foods from the neighboring countries, and Sephardic Jews - particularly those from Yemen, Iraq and North Africa, have many traditions which originate in those countries. My brother married a "Morokait" (her family originated in Morocco) and they had a Heena before the wedding, which was lots of fun.

To the OP: I really don't understand your problem with people who legally obtain US Immigration benefits, and then use or don't use those benefits as they see fit in their personal circumstances. What is wrong with that??

Try this on for size... in 1997 I made aliyah to Israel and received sal klitah benefits of a new immigrant - including housing allowance, tax breaks,etc. I've subsequently left Israel, returned, and left again over the past 12 years. I now don't live there and have no intent to return. There are Israelis who consider my "yeridah" as wrong, in particular because I was given benefits at aliyah. I don't see it that way. I took only what I was legally entitled to, and I'm not obligated to remain in the country if it doesn't suit my personal life goals. Rather than suck on the Israeli teat, I figured I'd come back here and suck on Uncle Sam's teat --- I hear Obama is handing out stimulus $$$ to all of us :lol: By your logic, that's wrong too I suppose.

Timeline

I still firmly repeat what I said in my first post: perhaps the OP has a problem with Muslims?

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Oh and YEAH! MENA NOW IN THE HOUSE.....Watch out OP!!!

As I've been reminded on several occasions, Israel is part of MENA too. Despite the obvious political and religious tensions in the area, there are also many cultural and other similarities. Israeli cuisine is largely based on Middle Eastern foods from the neighboring countries, and Sephardic Jews - particularly those from Yemen, Iraq and North Africa, have many traditions which originate in those countries. My brother married a "Morokait" (her family originated in Morocco) and they had a Heena before the wedding, which was lots of fun.

To the OP: I really don't understand your problem with people who legally obtain US Immigration benefits, and then use or don't use those benefits as they see fit in their personal circumstances. What is wrong with that??

Try this on for size... in 1997 I made aliyah to Israel and received sal klitah benefits of a new immigrant - including housing allowance, tax breaks,etc. I've subsequently left Israel, returned, and left again over the past 12 years. I now don't live there and have no intent to return. There are Israelis who consider my "yeridah" as wrong, in particular because I was given benefits at aliyah. I don't see it that way. I took only what I was legally entitled to, and I'm not obligated to remain in the country if it doesn't suit my personal life goals. Rather than suck on the Israeli teat, I figured I'd come back here and suck on Uncle Sam's teat --- I hear Obama is handing out stimulus $$$ to all of us :lol: By your logic, that's wrong too I suppose.

You right, you right! Isreal is MENA too. I shoulda said Egypt in da house! Better?

I still firmly repeat what I said in my first post: perhaps the OP has a problem with Muslims?

Oh boy....you gotta go there?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

I know. I'm usually rather placid, but this really angers me. I apologize now to the mods who will come to reprimand me.

I just think it's weird to be so upset about this.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

My Husband is not from MENA descent. I'm not trying to turn this into a racial thing, heck they could have been Bulgarian and I still would have said it. But I want to thank all those for their loving support. I feel the love from everybody! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
My Husband is not from MENA descent. I'm not trying to turn this into a racial thing, heck they could have been Bulgarian and I still would have said it. But I want to thank all those for their loving support. I feel the love from everybody! :)

If your husband is a tsabar (native born Israeli) then he is from MENA, quite literally (born in the Middle East). That's true even is his forbears are Ashkenazi (from Eastern Europe) or elsewhere.

Timeline

Hello, pot...meet kettle.

Sorry, but you don't start judging and attacking someone who has done nothing wrong and expect that everyone will see it as okay.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Look obviously there is NO talking sense into her. She has her nasty opinion of people "she" considers middle eastern. As she told you, her S/O is not MENA. LOL wouldn't want to get it confused!! Notice that she didn't MENTION that the OP she was so ticked off about was Moroccan and not Egyptian. I don't think she hates MENA I think she hates Egyptians. She should be so lucky to have a husband like mine.

Betsy El Sum