ScottThuy

Same people multiple entries on Igors list

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am unclear why there would be a number of couples that have double posted timelines that show up on Igors list... this only skews the statistical analysis of the data being collected. Should duplicate timelines be removed?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
since Igor's list is NOT a VJ managed item, there is little if anything this site (ie Ewok) could do

isn't it generated based on timelines on VJ?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
since Igor's list is NOT a VJ managed item, there is little if anything this site (ie Ewok) could do

you then you are asking some VJ members to delete there timelines... What happens if that particular member then asks a question, where having that timeline available to the membership to review so the question can get answered accurately?

I beleive it is more important for a every member to have an accurate timeline available for questions than that it is for whatever purpose Igor's list is all about

YMMV

Timeline

you then you are asking some VJ members to delete there timelines... What happens if that particular member then asks a question, where having that timeline available to the membership to review so the question can get answered accurately?

I beleive it is more important for a every member to have an accurate timeline available for questions than that it is for whatever purpose Igor's list is all about

why would someone need 2 timelines? 2 accounts on VJ with same name? I understand that some are each half of the relationship but usually use different names, but if they are going to share the rest of life together why not a VJ account..

I agree 100% about the accurate timelines.... It would be nice if we got an email to poke us and remind us that we posted a timeline and ask if there have been any changes if we have not ben online for 30 days... I understand that some folks use VJ to get started and may lose interest and forget that the timeline is still there needing updates...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It is. In some cases there is duplication because both partners in a relationship (fiances, or spouses) have their own VJ profiles and maintain their own timelines.

In some cases it is due to a single person creating multiple accounts.

I ran into this with the AP@NVC stats page I maintain (http://apnvc.info), which like Igor's list is based on VJ database. It does lead to overcounting situations, but it's fairly easy to spot in the output. I considered scrubbing such records, but haven't bothered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
why would someone need 2 timelines? 2 accounts on VJ with same name? I understand that some are each half of the relationship but usually use different names, but if they are going to share the rest of life together why not a VJ account..

I agree 100% about the accurate timelines.... It would be nice if we got an email to poke us and remind us that we posted a timeline and ask if there have been any changes if we have not ben online for 30 days... I understand that some folks use VJ to get started and may lose interest and forget that the timeline is still there needing updates...

Talk to charles! or Nessa... they are on VJ quite frequently at the same time... I assume from different locations....

YMMV

I agree 100% about the accurate timelines.... It would be nice if we got an email to poke us and remind us that we posted a timeline and ask if there have been any changes if we have not ben online for 30 days...

Ewok does something like this on a fairly regular basis already..

Timeline

It is. In some cases there is duplication because both partners in a relationship (fiances, or spouses) have their own VJ profiles and maintain their own timelines.

I ran into this with the AP@NVC stats page I maintain (http://apnvc.info), which like Igor's list is based on VJ database. It does lead to overcounting situations, but it's fairly easy to spot in the output. I considered scrubbing such records, but haven't bothered.

Thanks for the link.. I had no idea that there was another analysis resource out there...

I guess I spent too much time doing statistical analysis when I was working on my dissertation that when I see issues in data it bothers me when it would not bother 999 other folks..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link.. I had no idea that there was another analysis resource out there...

I guess I spent too much time doing statistical analysis when I was working on my dissertation that when I see issues in data it bothers me when it would not bother 999 other folks..

It bothers me too. Personally, although I can go through and count that there are a few duplicates and then mentally subtract them in my head, I like to see it in writing as well, lol, but that's just me. But I do appreciate all the people who work hard to run through and clean up the list every month or so.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

There is a way (although you need to remove the second timeline or have done this to start) where both members can use one timeline (share it). On the bottom of the timeline entry page you simply enter the second VisaJourney member ID number to associate the timeline with a second account.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.