al-Hubb jameel

During that emotional, stressful time before the NOA2 comes...

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Alot of us seem to second guess ourselves during that crazy time of waitin for our NAO2. What did you think you would get an RFE for and then didn't?

I got my NAO2 on Monday :dance:

I was really surprised because I expected an RFE for:

1.) My divorce decree was not signed by the judge or a certified copy. It was just a little paragraph the lawyer had given me that had a case number on it. :blush:

2.) I misunderstood the part that asked how we met in person and I thought they were asking how we met....so all I said was "We met and fell in love over the internet through webcam and chats" :bonk:

But, I guess they were able to verify my divorce was legit, and I guess all of my proof that we met in person was enough even though my words said internet.... :D

What about you???

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Alot of us seem to second guess ourselves during that crazy time of waitin for our NAO2. What did you think you would get an RFE for and then didn't?

1.) My divorce decree was not signed by the judge or a certified copy. It was just a little paragraph the lawyer had given me that had a case number on it. :blush:

2.) I misunderstood the part that asked how we met in person and I thought they were asking how we met....so all I said was "We met and fell in love over the internet through webcam and chats" :bonk:

But, I guess they were able to verify my divorce was legit, and I guess all of my proof that we met in person was enough even though my words said internet.... :D

What about you???

Booooo....(you're unintentionally rubbing it in that you got your NOA2)

Timeline
congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ha i pray for a RFE

sara

Oh honey I just read your entire timeline...((((((((Sara))))))))) WOW! I pray you will get something soon!!!

Nora

What about you???

Booooo....(you're unintentionally rubbing it in that you got your NOA2)

Actually I looked for a thread like this when I was waiting....and I didn't find one. But sorry you feel that way.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

i dont really feel we'd get any RFE :) and im just still praying about not getting one coz from what ive read on here, it adds another 25 days..anyway, it has some sense to it though to wish for an RFE coz gives you that assurance that at least they have looked at it to give out an RFE...but hey, congrats on the NOA2.. i wish we'd get ours too..it's been too long since ive seen my fiance, and everyday is another struggle

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline
i dont really feel we'd get any RFE :) and im just still praying about not getting one coz from what ive read on here, it adds another 25 days..anyway, it has some sense to it though to wish for an RFE coz gives you that assurance that at least they have looked at it to give out an RFE...but hey, congrats on the NOA2.. i wish we'd get ours too..it's been too long since ive seen my fiance, and everyday is another struggle

Thanks and hang in there! It looks like Vermont is really trying to get the last of the February's out of the way so March can start. I bet your approval is right around the corner!!! And BTW, I didn't get any touches or anything on my online status until right AFTER I got my approval e-mail.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Congratulations!!! And thanks for updating your timeline.

Surf,

05/26/2009 - Mailed I-129F to VSC

05/28/2009 - I-129F Received by VSC

05/29/2009 - NOA1 Date & mailed by VSC

06/02/2009 - Check Cashed by VSC

06/03/2009 - Got Case Number from back of canceled check image

06/04/2009 - Received NOA1, postmarked 06/02/2009

09/10/2009 - Amended Notice I-797 Email?

09/15/2009 - NVC Received file

09/16/2009 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!

09/17/2009 - NVC sent file to consulate

09/25/2009 - Consulate received hardcopy file

RV .'.

Timeline
Congratulations!!! And thanks for updating your timeline.

Thank you..I hope your process goes quickly!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: Other Timeline

You might want to be getting a true, certified copy of your divorce decree from the issuing body in your county.

I'm surprised at your assertion that your case was approved with what you describe as signed statement from your attorney. I would fairly bet such a document will not be adequate at the consular level.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Reading all ur comments really encourages me a lot!

We got our NOA1 on April 22nd from VSC. I'm dying inside, can't wait any longer!!!! :crying:

event.png

12/17/99 - We met in Peru.

01/07/00 - Relationship started.

06/03/08 - Got engaged.

04/17/09 - I-129F sent.

04/22/09 - NOA1.

08/25/09 - NOA2 yay!!!

10/15/09 - Interview date, Visa approved!

11/10/09 - Arrival to US.

12/01/09 - Got married.

Timeline
You might want to be getting a true, certified copy of your divorce decree from the issuing body in your county.

I'm surprised at your assertion that your case was approved with what you describe as signed statement from your attorney. I would fairly bet such a document will not be adequate at the consular level.

Yes, I agree. It wasn't even signed. It was just the paper that the divorce lawyer had sent me that said divorce decree and had our names and file number on it, and the county where the divorce took place. I have never seen a divorce decree before, I didn't know any differently. It had been tucked away in a drawer since 2006. But once I sent everything away to USCIS I found the VJ website and I started reading and people said that they were given an RFE for not sending a decree signed by a judge, and/or sending in a version that was too short. So I paniced and sent away for 2 certified copies of the decree (they look totally different that what I sent in) and they were signed by the judge. I even called USCIS and asked them if I could send in the signed certified copy to be added to my file and they said no, just wait, it might be ok. But I obsessed about it. I was soooo sure it would cause an RFE. And, amazinly, I was wrong!!!!! I am thinking that it might be because Pennsylvania has open divorce records and that is where the divorce took place, and they had the file number, maybe they researched it???

But yes, good advice! I do have it ready for the embassy level, AOS, marriage, and whatever else I might need it for!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline
Reading all ur comments really encourages me a lot!

We got our NOA1 on April 22nd from VSC. I'm dying inside, can't wait any longer!!!! :crying:

Awwee..hang in there. It may feel like forever till you get your NAO2, but you'll REALLY know what forever feels like when you spend forever with your love!! :star:

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

from the timeline function, it still seems like my fiance will be here in 3 months :-\ 3 months is sooooooooo long....

I-129: December'08

NAO1: December'08

RFE: April'09

NAO2-email: July'09

NA02-HardCopy: July'09

NVC->Embassy: July'09

Packet 3:July'09

Interview: september 17

Visa on hand: October 9

-_-

Arrival to US:

Filing for GC: November'09

GC on hand: March'10

Timeline
from the timeline function, it still seems like my fiance will be here in 3 months :-\ 3 months is sooooooooo long....

Do you really think it will be 3 more months?? You have your NAO2...have you e-mailed the embassy in India and asked them when they are currently interviewing? I e-mailed jordan and they said it's taking about a month and a half from the day they recieve our info....

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I actually never thought I would get an RFE and I didn't, I don't know what it is but I never see any problems with our petition, not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing but for me it was never 'will i get approved? will I get an RFE?' I knew I would get approved without an RFE, but then again I sent an abundance of information and proof not needed lol.

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.