al-Hubb jameel

During that emotional, stressful time before the NOA2 comes...

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I actually never thought I would get an RFE and I didn't, I don't know what it is but I never see any problems with our petition, not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing but for me it was never 'will i get approved? will I get an RFE?' I knew I would get approved without an RFE, but then again I sent an abundance of information and proof not needed lol.

:thumbs:

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

I sent them the most bare minimum. I don't think there's more than 25 pages in my package I sent. The idea was that I didn't want them to sift thru and waste time with something that they didn't need to look at. At the time, it looked okay. I looked it over many times before sealing the envelope. Afterwards, I thought that if anyone's package was begging for an RFE, it was mine. Here's what I sent.

- 1 picture of us together

- Her passport photo. I didn't have one so my took a picture of her and made it in photohop

- Divorced decree - only sent the 2nd page but not the 1st wh/ had the courthouse info on it.

- Copy of passport - only the pages with my picture and the pages of the stamp (not all the pages)

- No letter of intent to marry

So I waited for an RFE. It turned out okay. Thank god for that.

11-24-08 sent i-129 (VSC)

12-05-08 check cashed

12-08-08 received NOA 1

03-23-09 i-129f approved per online status - no email notice

03-31-09 recieved NOA 2

04-01-09 NVC IN

04-02-09 NVC OUT

04-10-09 to 05-01-09 2nd visit to Laos

04-23-09 Arrives at USEM

05-04-09 fiancee picks up packet at USEM

05-12, 6-12 and 7-13 Medical

09-30-09 Interview - Passed but they wanted copy of my passport of the 2nd visit

10-08-09 Visa issued

10-18-09 POE - Newark, NJ

10-26-09 Applied for marriage license

10-31-09 Recd license

11-13-09 Wedding

11-16-09 Applied for SSN

11-21-09 Recd SSN

12-05-09 Sent AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I sent them the most bare minimum. I don't think there's more than 25 pages in my package I sent. The idea was that I didn't want them to sift thru and waste time with something that they didn't need to look at. At the time, it looked okay. I looked it over many times before sealing the envelope. Afterwards, I thought that if anyone's package was begging for an RFE, it was mine. Here's what I sent.

- 1 picture of us together

- Her passport photo. I didn't have one so my took a picture of her and made it in photohop

- Divorced decree - only sent the 2nd page but not the 1st wh/ had the courthouse info on it.

- Copy of passport - only the pages with my picture and the pages of the stamp (not all the pages)

- No letter of intent to marry

So I waited for an RFE. It turned out okay. Thank god for that.

Wow, that's great! I think that will help alot of people that are really worried about getting an RFE that maybe there is hope that they won't get one. That was the point of this thread, to help ease people's worries. I wish I would have known about your situation during all the sleepless nights I had obsessing over my own package!! Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.