MichaelandLuyen

Blue Slip More Information Needed. Help?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our interview occured a few days ago. I was across the street from the consulate and the interviewer actually asked my fiance to invite me into the interview. Upon entering the consulate I met the interviewer. I found him to be a very discerning character. He would only listen to the first few words of my responses and than moved onto the next question. He questioned both of us together, and than after we returned after lunch, he questioned us both separately. I am back in the states to gather more evidence that he has required for our visa.

He issued us a blue slip. He requested the following information that many of you have stated you needed as well based on section 221.

1. Detailed timeline of relationship.

2. Notarized statement from the professor at my university that suggested international travel was beneficial.

3. Norarized statement of any friends or family of my fiance in the USA.

We can submit the data within the next 30 days but according to this document we have a appointment date for resubmission at the end of the 30 days.

Brief History:

I met my fiance at the hotel I was staying at in HCMC. I met her over 14 months ago. I have visited Vietnam and her a total of 3 times now, which includes the total of 6 weeks. We recently had our dam hoi and have included plenty of evidence in my opinion.

Questions:

1. "Appointment date for resubmission"; what does this mean? Is this an actual appt that I should travel back to vietnam for? Is this just a deadline?

2. Will we have the same interviewer on our second visit that we did on our first? Do they change interveiwers from day to day?

3. My intention of travelling to Asia was brought upon by my professors at my university. I felt it was odd for him to request a statement from my professors regarding this information. What additional information if any should I include to reinforce our position? What information is he really looking for regarding this matter? Have any of you had such requests made?

4. He also asked other questions that he did not include in the blue slip. Should I give these questions some response in the additional information I am submitting? Or should i only respond to the questions on the blue slip specifically? (example: how did you get from the airport to your hotel, what internet site did you use to book your hotel, what places did you go to in vietnam?)

5. I understand what a time line is but do any of you have a sample of timelines that I could view? I want to include all the detail I can but is that recommended? Should I be only objective and factual? How detailed should I be?

6. What is the next step after this. Some of you mentioned that after sending in your information or dropping it off, that you received your visa. Could you please be more specific. Did you pick it up that day after an interview? Did they mail it to you? Was it weeks later you received it? Etc.

7. There were many questions he did not allow me to finish or complete my responses to. Should I direct any attention to these questions in my paperwork. He did not specifically request anything than what was on the blue slip of paper, but I would like your opinions on this situation.

8. Finally, This infomation I am gathering. Should I notarize each issue individually or put it all together and notarize it one time at the end of the document?

We both appreciate all that you have shared and helped us with off of this website. I appreciate any effort you may extend to helping me with this matter.

Thanks.

Michael

do only what they ask u

to the point only

say only what is necessary and thats it

send as soon as possible

good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Timeline

Wow! I don't think I've read about anyone having a similar experience in HCM. He actually asked you to come into the consulate, interviewed you together, and then again separately. :blink:

Well, his only listening to the beginning of each answer might be an indication that he was looking for you to contradict something your fiancee said, and wasn't really interested in the details of the answer. The length he went to for the interview probably indicates there's something about your case that he's very suspicious of.

The timeline is pretty much standard procedure at HCM. The list of relatives they often ask for if you or your fiancee admit that you were introduced by relatives. If you didn't tell him this, then he may suspect it to be true anyway.

The letter from your professor is completely out of left field, though! I suspect he thinks you aren't being truthful about why you came to Vietnam, and possibly believes your "accidental" meeting was pre-arranged. Since this seems to be the most unusual aspect of your case, I think this is what you really need to focus on. Prove, as best as you are able, that your explanation of why you came to Vietnam and how you met your fiancee is the truth.

You can usually turn the evidence in as soon as you have it ready. If they specifically say that there will be another interview then you should try to be there, if at all possible.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am in total agreement with Jim... I think they suspect that you were misleading them about the context of the initial meeting. They want you to prove the fact that you actually went t VN based on what the Prof said and not at the request of her relative. Be sure to have the info about her friends and family in the US. As much as possible. You opened the box about the Prof and I hope you can still contact them to get the statement.. I would have no problem doing it for one of my students so I dont see any problem with you getting that. Have everything notarized as individual items... Address every item mentioned in your 221.

Now on to the Timeline:

Here is a link where we discussed it recently. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=205736

Be sure that everything in the timelines matches everything that ou said already both in person and on paper... You are actually doing well at this point as they gave you a blue and not a denial... They think your story may be true.. they just want proof... They should have given you a 2nd interview date to resubmit the paperwork already... I have heard of some folks just showing up after the first and being able to drop off the paperwork. Email them and ask them questions... it can't hurt to ask questions and there is a line of communication via phone and email.

Best of luck! There are some great folks here that can provide better insight than I.... but this is a start..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OP, are you Viet? Often that requires more evidence of family and friends whereabouts/connections.

In our case the procedure was submit the requested information by the date on the blue slip, not necessarily on the date listed. Now this was 2.5 years ago so things may have changed. If you scan and post the blue slip here that may help us to offer additional thoughts or comments.

I agree with others that you should only address the items on the blue slip. The questions about how you got from the airport, etc. were most likely to verify the information already given/submitted. The CO's will ask the same questions multiple times to check for consistency.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Great advice by others already given. I agree completely that the issue is the circumstances of your first meeting. Be sure that what you include in the timeline is EXACTLY what you and she described before and not a different version of this meeting.

If this were a typical blue slip, I would say that it would not be critical to return to VN when she turns in the new evidence. However, in your case, since the CO invited you into the interview before, he may be looking for you to answer more questions when the new evidence is presented. If at all possible, I would recommend returning to VN with the evidence and supporting your fiancee when she returns to the consulate.

Good luck!

PS scan your blue slip if you can so that we can better assist you.

Timeline

You must have your timeline in correct order. Good luck

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Some people said they still required another timeline even though it was brought to the interview. What is up with this? Seems to me that they won't accept any timeline at the time of the interview? a qualified timeline will be accepted only at a later date to serve their purpose?

Edited by calilove

Timeline

Yes they do expect you to remember everything.

It does sound suspicious that a professor will suggest you take a trip and then go to Vietnam and then at the hotel you stay at you meet a babe and become engaged.

Can you post the interview questions and answers that the fiancee had before they asked for you to come in? Sounds like her interview didn't go too well and from the way he was asking you questions that you stated he had suspicions of fraud.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Some people said they still required another timeline even though it was brought to the interview. What is up with this? Seems to me that they won't accept any timeline at the time of the interview? a qualified timeline will be accepted only at a later date to serve their purpose?

hello

you right like me they not accept it, i do have when my wife was interview

Thank you

John

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

almost seems like a stalling tactic...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

They accepted mine when Hien interviewed but with many others, they are told to bring it later. I think it is a way for them to have more time to look at your paperwork, research some things that they want to look at more closely and then look at your timeline a month later.

For this reason, I am a big proponent of front-loading the petition. Hit them with absolutely everything so there is not much new for them to have to assess come interview day. They are going to see it all eventually...not sure why one would not want to get it all in early...??

This does not help the OP, but rather a consideration for others who may just be starting the process.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They accepted mine when Hien interviewed but with many others, they are told to bring it later. I think it is a way for them to have more time to look at your paperwork, research some things that they want to look at more closely and then look at your timeline a month later.

For this reason, I am a big proponent of front-loading the petition. Hit them with absolutely everything so there is not much new for them to have to assess come interview day. They are going to see it all eventually...not sure why one would not want to get it all in early...??

This does not help the OP, but rather a consideration for others who may just be starting the process.

real couples like us are having such a hard time passing the interview nowaday with all the evidences. I doubt any frauds committed in the past shall no longer be succeeded. Shame on them

Edited by calilove

Timeline
real couples like us are having such a hard time passing the interview nowaday with all the evidences. I doubt any frauds committed in the past shall no longer be succeeded. Shame on them

Hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese went through hell to escape that country in the late 1970's and throughout the 1980's, many in flimsy fishing boats. Some made it to Hong Kong after weeks of starvation. Many were hijacked by pirates and human traffickers. Thousands died at sea. After nearly starving at sea, spending months in squalor in refugee camps, beaten and raped by the guards, some eventually made it to the US as refugees.

One of my best friends made it to America this way. He goes back to Vietnam at least twice a year, and he was with me on my first visit. One day we went to visit to the Khai Dinh tomb outside Hue city. Even though he'd grown up in Hue, he'd never visited the tomb before. It's sort of a tourist thing - locals aren't that interested in it. When we got to the top of the last staircase, we turned around and got a good view of the countryside, much of it veiled in fog. At that moment he realized he was looking across the valley at the mountain he lived on for three years - hiding from the Viet Cong. He cried.

Compared to what these people went through to get to the United States, the interview at the US consulate is a cakewalk. There is no way they could make the application and interview process so difficult that nobody would commit fraud to get a visa. The people want to leave so badly that they will endure anything the US government is willing to throw at them.

post-64523-1247807448_thumb.jpg

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

That isnt a good representation of what was stated. The interviewer asked me what spurred my interest in international travel. I stated that a professor of mine, who is a global speak and travels around the world, discussed the ethnocentric viewpoint that most Americans have. He also discussed the benefits of travelling internationally to see how life is elsewhere on the planet. He did not mention Vietnam specifically or any hotel.

The interviewer is requesting a notarized document from my professor stating that he recommends international travel. It is a vague request from the interviewer and seems almost a mute point for me to travel back to the US to obtain it and than return to HCMC. But we all do many irrational things for love. lol.

Also, my fiance was an employee at the hotel I stayed at, it was not a casual meeting like you may deduce from my writing above.

Thank you to everyone for their assistance. I appreciate all of your efforts.

Yes they do expect you to remember everything.

It does sound suspicious that a professor will suggest you take a trip and then go to Vietnam and then at the hotel you stay at you meet a babe and become engaged.

Can you post the interview questions and answers that the fiancee had before they asked for you to come in? Sounds like her interview didn't go too well and from the way he was asking you questions that you stated he had suspicions of fraud.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.