Josephs

Letter, Time Line

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am currently writing a l letter to US Consulate in VietNam, in detail how I first met Phi, My Fiancee. It is about 3 and half pages long and its basically a time line. I was wondering if i should make a 2nd time line that is very to the point. basically dates with event on a paper. or would my letter be alright.

also I was wondering if someone could take a look at my letter and give me any tips or help with it. (opening/closing) and that sort of thing.

Thanks,

Joseph

LOVESIG3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How you met should be a fairly simple statement. (met on a bus in March 200x, met online, introduced by friends, classmates in school, work for the same company, etc. )

Timelines seem to be expected at HCMC these days. Give details of all the pertinent events in your relationship and especially time spent together.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
How you met should be a fairly simple statement. (met on a bus in March 200x, met online, introduced by friends, classmates in school, work for the same company, etc. )

Timelines seem to be expected at HCMC these days. Give details of all the pertinent events in your relationship and especially time spent together.

Is a the timeline a seprate document? or would that be the letter?

Thank you for your help.

LOVESIG3.jpg

Timeline

Thank you for your help.

Describing how you met is one ONE of the points that should be covered in your timeline. You don't need two separate letters. Here are some of the points they generally ask you to cover. Bear in mind they want details - not just dates and places.

1. How and when did you first meet?

2. How were you introduced? If you were introduced by a relative of hers then address this point thoroughly. You have to convince them that "Uncle Boom Boom" didn't set you up in order to get his "niece" a ticket to the US.

3. When did you begin corresponding?

4. When do you feel your relationship became serious?

5. When did you decide to propose? Under what circumstances? Did you propose in person, over the phone, internet? Did she accept immediately, or did she think about it?

6. If you didn't "officially" propose, when did you first start discussing marriage?

7. How many times have you been to Vietnam to visit your fiancee? How many times have you seen her total? How long was each visit? (details)

Put a statement at the end - "I swear under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, belief, and ability". Get your signature notarized.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Thank you for your help.

Describing how you met is one ONE of the points that should be covered in your timeline. You don't need two separate letters. Here are some of the points they generally ask you to cover. Bear in mind they want details - not just dates and places.

2. How were you introduced? If you were introduced by a relative of hers then address this point thoroughly. You have to convince them that "Uncle Boom Boom" didn't set you up in order to get his "niece" a ticket to the US.

5. When did you decide to propose? Under what circumstances? Did you propose in person, over the phone, internet? Did she accept immediately, or did she think about it?

6. If you didn't "officially" propose, when did you first start discussing marriage?

7. How many times have you been to Vietnam to visit your fiancee? How many times have you seen her total? How long was each visit? (details)

Put a statement at the end - "I swear under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, belief, and ability". Get your signature notarized.

JVP, Did you use "Form I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, Explanation of meeting in person" as your Timeline when you turned in your I-129F? Or did you send it separately and specify on the Cover Sheet? Thanks! :thumbs:

********************************************************************************

August 07: Flew to HCMC for a funeral. Met at friend's birthday.

Feb 08: New Year's. Trip 2

Xmas 08: Proposed on the phone and planned for Dam Hoi on Tet's Feb 09

Feb 09: Trip delayed

Sept 14, 09: Trip 3 - Dam Hoi

Nov 2, 09: back to the States

Timeline

Thank you for your help.

JVP, Did you use "Form I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, Explanation of meeting in person" as your Timeline when you turned in your I-129F? Or did you send it separately and specify on the Cover Sheet? Thanks! :thumbs:

I had a separate 29 page attachment for question 18. There was only 1 1/2 pages of text, following by numerous pages of proofs - boarding passes, hotel receipts, photos, etc. Question 18 affords you some opportunity to "front load" the petition with things that aren't necessarily required by USCIS but which will be useful at the consulate stage, so I took advantage of it.

I included the timeline with the petition, though it's not required by USCIS. I'm hoping that including it will help avoid a blue slip at the consulate specifically asking for it. I plan on having an updated version for Phuong to take to the interview, just in case they ask for it.

I also included a list of her relatives in the US, since this is also frequently requested at the consulate.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Thank you for your help.

All of the critiea you have stated i have, but the statement at the end and get it notarized i didnt think about. Thanks for your help. At the momment im about 3 and a half pages. but i need to go back and add some details. Thank you for your help! :D

LOVESIG3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here is a link to some files that were previously posted that should possibly be in the guides area or some download area...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=192925

I also included the image below what one could see if they arrive with inadequate evidence.

Dont forget about the pain of those who recently went before us, like Jack & Xuan , 2x2y2z and philliptham...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&start=0

http://ww

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...howtopic=188957

Thuy and I play a game once or twice each week in which I ask her questions like I am CO and she asks me questions like CO grilling me... I am working on a more extensive list of questions that we should prepare for, so there is no confusion like Philliptham had. Preparation can prevent a great deal of pain... I had no idea until last night when I was reading through past posts, just how trigger happy HCMC is to shoot us down and what that actually means and how difficult it can be to resolve if at all. Remember that whatever we say in the letter must match the docs and what the SO says when questioned... exactly...

post-68866-1246711694.jpg

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
Here is a link to some files that were previously posted that should possibly be in the guides area or some download area...

I also included the image below what one could see if they arrive with inadequate evidence.

Dont forget about the pain of those who recently went before us, like Jack & Xuan , 2x2y2z and philliptham...

Thuy and I play a game once or twice each week in which I ask her questions like I am CO and she asks me questions like CO grilling me... I am working on a more extensive list of questions that we should prepare for, so there is no confusion like Philliptham had. Preparation can prevent a great deal of pain... I had no idea until last night when I was reading through past posts, just how trigger happy HCMC is to shoot us down and what that actually means and how difficult it can be to resolve if at all. Remember that whatever we say in the letter must match the docs and what the SO says when questioned... exactly...

Ok Thank you for all of your help!

LOVESIG3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok Thank you for all of your help!

Hello all,

May i have the question please ,howcome the HCMC Co they need the time line ,like philipine ,thailand and some other country no need timeline ,please let me know

Thank you

john

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

John, I am sure you know of the large amount of visa fraud at HCMC over the years. This results in extra examination and higher scrutiny.

There is no getting around the higher standards, so just prepare accordingly and you will be successful.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
John, I am sure you know of the large amount of visa fraud at HCMC over the years. This results in extra examination and higher scrutiny.

There is no getting around the higher standards, so just prepare accordingly and you will be successful.

I look at it as a cheat sheet for the CO when they ask questions... as well as a way to see how dedicated the petitioner and Op are to the relationship...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

I prepared a list of more than 200 questions that I took from our timeline, the guides here at VJ, from others' posts and from elsewhere on the internet. For 3 months, Hien and I practiced going through these in English to be sure she was comfortable and then she practiced the answers in VN with her sister during her free time. This made sure that there was no confusion about anything I had put in documents for USCIS, it boosted her confidence level and it also taught her a lot of new English words. EVERY question that she was asked at her interview was on the list we had practiced (including "describe the town where he lives"). Made it a breeze for her to confidently talk to the CO in VN and English.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.