Jauque

Gardasil

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

where i live they are currently making it manditory injections aparently in schools for the girls, ontario canada. Odd as it says its still an optional injection.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Where the heck do you live?

Honestly. I am sick to death of the pharmaceutical companies coming up with drugs targeted at females. For God's sake..... Let the males take responsibility for something for a change!!! :protest: I mean, seriously. How long did it take for them to finally come up with a neutering solution for men? For decades they made the females go under general anaesthesia and have major surgery!!!!

OMG. :angry:

Getting off my soapbox now. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

OP, can't you get tested for HPV? If any type of virus is found, wouldn't that make it a contra-indication to get the vaccine?

I did get tested, and they found a number of different types of high-risk HPV - didn't need it for immigration, just did it. Afterwards the doctor found CIN III after I asked for colposcopy even though PAP was perfectly normal - ended up getting first the biopsy that said CIN III and then LEEP procedure but recovering now.

From then on, I strongly advise every woman to get the HPV test, follow up with colposcopy just to make sure there are no surprises that can cost you in the future. Had I not done this not sure what would have happened - CIN III is just one step below cervical cancer...

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
OP, can't you get tested for HPV? If any type of virus is found, wouldn't that make it a contra-indication to get the vaccine?

I did get tested, and they found a number of different types of high-risk HPV - didn't need it for immigration, just did it. Afterwards the doctor found CIN III after I asked for colposcopy even though PAP was perfectly normal - ended up getting first the biopsy that said CIN III and then LEEP procedure but recovering now.

From then on, I strongly advise every woman to get the HPV test, follow up with colposcopy just to make sure there are no surprises that can cost you in the future. Had I not done this not sure what would have happened - CIN III is just one step below cervical cancer...

Personally, this is exactly why I think getting an HPV shot, especially at a young age is extremely beneficial. I actually did get tested for HPV, always do at every yearly physical and I've always tested negative, so the shot was something I wanted to do. Even if I wasn't immigrating, I would probably have opted to get the shot.

The extreme side effects are rare - I'm going to guess that your chances of winning the lottery are better than getting extreme side effects. As well, anyone who is a medical professional or knows anything about the pharmaceutical industry knows that drugs go through multitudes of testing and is not released to the general public without the least amount of risk posisble. Hello, this is the land of the lawsuit!!!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In my opinion I would rather not get cervical cancer and if this helps my chances even just slightly to not get it... I'm in. And in the future if this helps my daughter's chances, then I believe she should get it too.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Timeline

Oh, absolutely. I agree that we are all correct in our viewpoints. I'm just familiar with how pharmaceutical companies work because of some insight. The drugs are definitely tested prior to being approved for release to the public, but the effects in the long term are not known until years down the road. In the meantime, when a new drug is released, all we are are consumer test subjects.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Okay what I don't get though is we are talking and treating HPV like a cancer that any one can get, instead of an STD that can possibly grow into a cancer.

If you get tested for HPV yearly and you don't have it, and you are getting married to someone who you should know has an STD or doesn't have an STD, then why would you optionally get the vaccine? That seems so silly to me, of course, in my personal opinion only.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Im in ottawa, i found out today its being made manditory in quebec now too when i went to my apointment. its a required vaccination and its being given in schools to all females age 9. they are currently implimenting it. had my medical at medisys and she informed me about all that.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay what I don't get though is we are talking and treating HPV like a cancer that any one can get, instead of an STD that can possibly grow into a cancer.

If you get tested for HPV yearly and you don't have it, and you are getting married to someone who you should know has an STD or doesn't have an STD, then why would you optionally get the vaccine? That seems so silly to me, of course, in my personal opinion only.

You make a good point Amanda.... but who knows, things could change in an instant, so it's always good to be prepared...you just never know.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Im in ottawa, i found out today its being made manditory in quebec now too when i went to my apointment. its a required vaccination and its being given in schools to all females age 9. they are currently implimenting it. had my medical at medisys and she informed me about all that.

There is NO mandatory vaccine in Quebec - only a recommended schedule...

Timeline

But even if it was given to young girls, okay, if the parents wanted it...fair enough. I actually get that. But at 26 when you get a yearly pap and know you don't have HPV? And you are about to get married? :lol: It just so wild.

My eyes filled with grit

We were able to avoid taking the vaccine altogether. PM me if you want more information.

Please don't ask someone to PM you about this information. We are asked all the time about this information on this forum, and this ends up in pages of discussion and no one is closer to getting information at avoiding it than when it is first asked. This information should be made available to everyone, so that we can refer them to this post, or that we can post on how to avoid this.

Thanks!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

But even if it was given to young girls, okay, if the parents wanted it...fair enough. I actually get that. But at 26 when you get a yearly pap and know you don't have HPV? And you are about to get married? :lol: It just so wild.

Well really that would only hold true if you were sure your partner had never slept with anyone else and if he had, that he had been tested - both pretty unlikely!

Timeline

Since my husband and I began dating when we were a bit younger, I know that I was his only sexual partner.

However, if that had not been the case, I would have asked him to be tested before we were sexually active. There is no way I'm going to ruin my life by getting an STD.

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.