Jauque

Gardasil

83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Im in ottawa, i found out today its being made manditory in quebec now too when i went to my apointment. its a required vaccination and its being given in schools to all females age 9. they are currently implimenting it. had my medical at medisys and she informed me about all that.

There is NO mandatory vaccine in Quebec - only a recommended schedule...

But even if it was given to young girls, okay, if the parents wanted it...fair enough. I actually get that. But at 26 when you get a yearly pap and know you don't have HPV? And you are about to get married? :lol: It just so wild.

I think that is why they target younger girls, at that age they should not have been active yet (!) --- I am not anti-vaccine, but I'm really happy to be over 26; I would be upset to have to get it or to have to file waivers and extras...

Also, if I was going to sleep around (not my plan, just hypothetical!), I could still get STDs (even HPV, no vaccine is 100%, and this one protects only from a few strains) and infect partners - I don't see how it's relevant to immigration.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the same boat and already posted myself about, I am no way ever going to get the shot if its the last thing I do. It's just another way for Americans to make money off us. I am not going to lower myself to that kind of treatment, a wavier will do.

K1 Timeline

I-129F sent to Vermont Service Centre: 08/19/2009

NOA1 Notice Date: 09/03/2009

NOA1 Hard Copy received: 09/10/2009

NOA2 Notice Date: 11/25/2009

NVC Received : 12/01/2009

NVC Left : 12/02/2009

Consulate Received : 12/03/2009

Consulate sent packet 3: 12/09/2009

Packet 3 received by me: 12/15/2009

Packet 3 faxed to consulate: 12/16/2009

Packet 3 sent to consulate: 01/06/2010

Packet 3 received by consulate: 01/08/2010

Packet 3 logged:01/25/2010

Packet 4 Received: 02/10/2010

Medical!: 02/01/2010

Interview: 04/16/2010

POE: Aug 7th, 2010

Wedding: August 14 2010 YAY

SSN Received: September 8th, 2010

AOS Timeline

Yea I don't know I heard you can file for religious exmeption, but it can delay the process or not get approved at all etc.

K1 Timeline

I-129F sent to Vermont Service Centre: 08/19/2009

NOA1 Notice Date: 09/03/2009

NOA1 Hard Copy received: 09/10/2009

NOA2 Notice Date: 11/25/2009

NVC Received : 12/01/2009

NVC Left : 12/02/2009

Consulate Received : 12/03/2009

Consulate sent packet 3: 12/09/2009

Packet 3 received by me: 12/15/2009

Packet 3 faxed to consulate: 12/16/2009

Packet 3 sent to consulate: 01/06/2010

Packet 3 received by consulate: 01/08/2010

Packet 3 logged:01/25/2010

Packet 4 Received: 02/10/2010

Medical!: 02/01/2010

Interview: 04/16/2010

POE: Aug 7th, 2010

Wedding: August 14 2010 YAY

SSN Received: September 8th, 2010

AOS Timeline

Timeline
We were able to avoid taking the vaccine altogether. PM me if you want more information.

Please don't ask someone to PM you about this information. We are asked all the time about this information on this forum, and this ends up in pages of discussion and no one is closer to getting information at avoiding it than when it is first asked. This information should be made available to everyone, so that we can refer them to this post, or that we can post on how to avoid this.

Thanks!

Sorry Carlawarla,

I would post how we did it if I could, but I think it would get moderated off of here. It wasn't exactly "legal" or "legit" or "moral" or whatever you want to call it. We "beat the system" for lack of a better term.

So, I have to resort to PM...

Timeline

if it were I--and a gal,lol--and i didn't want the vaccine, and i had a good Dr, I would get him to say i was pregnant!! pregnant = no gaurdasil!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, I'd rather just get the vaccine. I might be pregnant though, so we'll see I guess. Good luck to everyone!

Ohhh!! Really? That's exciting! :star:

My view on the HPV is this: I didn't want to do it, most people don't want to do it. Unfortunately, its one of the many things the US government subjects us to that we don't necessarily feel is warranted or just. At the end of the day I love my fiance, I want to marry him, and I want to live legally in the US for the foreseeable future, so I got the shot. I'm not dead, I don't have herpes, and although I feel as though it was completely unnecessary, a waste of my time and money, and it hurt like a SOB, I don't regret it. I'm here and I got here in a timely manner. I mean, its really pretty simple. If you are able to get the shot, you're under 21, and you want to come to the US you have to get it.

Timeline
Oh, I'd rather just get the vaccine. I might be pregnant though, so we'll see I guess. Good luck to everyone!

My view on the HPV is this: I didn't want to do it, most people don't want to do it. Unfortunately, its one of the many things the US government subjects us to that we don't necessarily feel is warranted or just. At the end of the day I love my fiance, I want to marry him, and I want to live legally in the US for the foreseeable future, so I got the shot. I'm not dead, I don't have herpes, and although I feel as though it was completely unnecessary, a waste of my time and money, and it hurt like a SOB, I don't regret it. I'm here and I got here in a timely manner. I mean, its really pretty simple. If you are able to get the shot, you're under 21, and you want to come to the US you have to get it.

OMG I got the first shot today and the part about it hurting...owwie. My arm isn't very happy, thankfully no other side effects though. I thought about the waiver but I was already considering getting the shot and I guess to me it became a thing of, everything has risks, so far no shot I have gotten (including depo which has a listed side effect of death and such) has given me anything worse than a fever so...yeah it sucks I had to pay money for it, but I don't want to be away from Wes any longer. Its definately a personal choice for everyone though and I can understand some people not wanting it. Too bad your post wasnt up before I went to get the shot though so I would be prepared, it is a very stingy one compaired to others I've gotten.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

If it makes anyone feel better (prob not,lol) My wife's Gyno--gave the shot to her teen age daughter!! Ask 10 professionals and prob get varied answers though

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

OMG I got the first shot today and the part about it hurting...owwie. My arm isn't very happy, thankfully no other side effects though. I thought about the waiver but I was already considering getting the shot and I guess to me it became a thing of, everything has risks, so far no shot I have gotten (including depo which has a listed side effect of death and such) has given me anything worse than a fever so...yeah it sucks I had to pay money for it, but I don't want to be away from Wes any longer. Its definately a personal choice for everyone though and I can understand some people not wanting it. Too bad your post wasnt up before I went to get the shot though so I would be prepared, it is a very stingy one compaired to others I've gotten.

Oh yeah, it hurts. Unfortunately, the second shot hurt even more than the first. I haven't got the 3rd one yet, but I hear it hurts even more than the first two! Its like you can feel the injection fluid running down your arm and its eating your muscles in its wake. I know that's now how it works, it just feels that way! My arm also hurt for about a week after... Everyone's different, but be prepared for that!

Timeline

It's not just a regular needle?

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

its the same amount of liquid as all other vaccines (or so my nurse told me today) but the syrum itself is quite stingy. She said she gave her daughter the shots and each time her daughter cried...I haven't cried, it doesnt really hurt that bad anymore but when the syrum went in it felt like there was tons of it. I'm just a big baby when it comes to any needles though. Terrified for the medical when they take blood as I pass out when I get blood drawn ><

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
its the same amount of liquid as all other vaccines (or so my nurse told me today) but the syrum itself is quite stingy. She said she gave her daughter the shots and each time her daughter cried...I haven't cried, it doesnt really hurt that bad anymore but when the syrum went in it felt like there was tons of it. I'm just a big baby when it comes to any needles though. Terrified for the medical when they take blood as I pass out when I get blood drawn ><

Whenever I get the flu shot it hurts alot more than a regular injection for some reason. I have a bad pain in my arm for days and bruising around the area too. The nurse even says be sure to get it in the arm that you don't write with

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Question time! I heard that if you schedule your first shot of Gardasil before your interview, that they won't require you to get the other two. Anyone know anything about that? Because I heard you have to wait like 5-6 months inbetween shots before you can get another one.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.