Jauque

Gardasil

83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay what I don't get though is we are talking and treating HPV like a cancer that any one can get, instead of an STD that can possibly grow into a cancer.

If you get tested for HPV yearly and you don't have it, and you are getting married to someone who you should know has an STD or doesn't have an STD, then why would you optionally get the vaccine? That seems so silly to me, of course, in my personal opinion only.

Yeah this is exactly my point.

The only way the shot would be beneficial is if one day your hubby comes home and tells you that he has been sleeping around. Otherwise, you wouldn't need to be protected against the STD if you are in a marriage and you are both faithful.

Yeah, this does make sense.

But who knows really. Maybe someone could be raped by someone who's known to be a carrier of STDs.

It's hard to say, really.

I don't think that this ever crossed anyone elses mind - regarding the rape scenario - including those who thought up this requirement.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay what I don't get though is we are talking and treating HPV like a cancer that any one can get, instead of an STD that can possibly grow into a cancer.

If you get tested for HPV yearly and you don't have it, and you are getting married to someone who you should know has an STD or doesn't have an STD, then why would you optionally get the vaccine? That seems so silly to me, of course, in my personal opinion only.

The only way the shot would be beneficial is if one day your hubby comes home and tells you that he has been sleeping around. Otherwise, you wouldn't need to be protected against the STD if you are in a marriage and you are both faithful.

But who knows really. Maybe someone could be raped by someone who's known to be a carrier of STDs.

I don't think that this ever crossed anyone elses mind - regarding the rape scenario - including those who thought up this requirement.

Oh I'm sure it hasn't.

I just brought it up since it could happen.

God forbid it does though.

I don't think what thetreble said crossed their minds either, though.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The thing is they didn't think this up as a requirement. That law they put in in 1992 means that any vaccine they recommend for their own citizens (recommend, not require) automatically gets added to our needed list. The people who recommended it didn't realize that would happen, so now they are trying to find a way to fix that issue in the law without having to un-recommend the vaccine.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

The thing is they didn't think this up as a requirement. That law they put in in 1992 means that any vaccine they recommend for their own citizens (recommend, not require) automatically gets added to our needed list. The people who recommended it didn't realize that would happen, so now they are trying to find a way to fix that issue in the law without having to un-recommend the vaccine.

Ok, the people who thought up this recommendation then :lol:

I'm not arguing the right or wrong of the vaccination - or the recommendation, my point was about the theoretical rape scenario.

Ok, the people who thought up this recommendation then :lol:

I'm not arguing the right or wrong of the vaccination - or the recommendation, my point was about the theoretical rape scenario.

I always seem to add on things that are such a bad case scenario, don't mind me sometimes :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm confused though -

They say 26 years is the cutoff date, but does that mean the 26th birthday is the cutoff date or the 27th birthday (as in after 26 years old)

My wife turned 26 last month does that mean they will force this on her?

See "About Me" for full timeline.

K3 Interview: 2009-12-16 - Approved

K3 visa in hand: 2009-12-18

POE Newark: 2009-12-20

EAD & AOS Timeline:

Submitted EAD & AOS: 2010-01-22

NOA1 EAD & AOS: 2010-02-02

RFE AOS: 2010-02-10

Biometrics: 2010-02-26

RFE Response Snt: 2010-03-02

RFE Response RCV: 2010-03-11

EAD Approved: 2010-03-30

EAD Received: 2010-04-01

AOS Interview: 2010-04-28

AOS Approved!

She will have to get it if she is under the age of 27 and not pregnant.

You can always apply for a waiver, but that takes a long time and it's not guaranteed.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
She will have to get it if she is under the age of 27 and not pregnant.

You can always apply for a waiver, but that takes a long time and it's not guaranteed.

or maybee hope the indian doctors ran out of gardasil that day ;P

See "About Me" for full timeline.

K3 Interview: 2009-12-16 - Approved

K3 visa in hand: 2009-12-18

POE Newark: 2009-12-20

EAD & AOS Timeline:

Submitted EAD & AOS: 2010-01-22

NOA1 EAD & AOS: 2010-02-02

RFE AOS: 2010-02-10

Biometrics: 2010-02-26

RFE Response Snt: 2010-03-02

RFE Response RCV: 2010-03-11

EAD Approved: 2010-03-30

EAD Received: 2010-04-01

AOS Interview: 2010-04-28

AOS Approved!

Timeline

It seems I can't win. When I don't disclose what we did, people complain and ask me to speak up. When I do disclose it, people make fraud accusations. I only posted it because I was getting PMed frequently to please share the info - people asking me to do so as this comes up quite often in these forums.

In any case, I'll keep it out there for a while. If it's deemed inappropriate or if people complain more, I'll ask the moderators to remove the post on my behalf. I apologize for whatever problems any other users may have. I was just trying to help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Accused of fraud? You admitted as such. You were right to keep it private in the first place. Advocating fraud on this website is a violation of the TOS.....

He's not advocating fraud. He's just sharing his experience since so many people were asking him what he did.

I kind of figured that's what happened. It was pretty obvious from his inital posts that it wasn't exactly the most moral thing to do.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
It seems I can't win. When I don't disclose what we did, people complain and ask me to speak up. When I do disclose it, people make fraud accusations. I only posted it because I was getting PMed frequently to please share the info - people asking me to do so as this comes up quite often in these forums.

In any case, I'll keep it out there for a while. If it's deemed inappropriate or if people complain more, I'll ask the moderators to remove the post on my behalf. I apologize for whatever problems any other users may have. I was just trying to help.

I hear you svirac - people were asking and asking that you post what you did, then you do and you get accused of fraud. Well it truly is a no-win situation for you here.

I would hope we could cut svirac a little slack - while it may not be a choice that some of us would make, he is just telling his story.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.